Become a Patron!

Looking to buy a new vape

panpan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have been a smoker for more then 17 years now. Finally getting to the point where i am willing to quit. i have tried for years to quit with patches, gum, and of course cold turkey. But none of these help me to actually quit. The stress of cold turkey gets to me to easily. so i decided to go with vaping.

Here is my few questions.
1. Do all e-liquids have to be a vg/pg base or is there a more natural way to go?
2. What tanks to buy for a mouth to lung hit?
3. What tanks to buy for a lung hit?
4. What mod boxes should i look into?
5. back to question 1 if there is not a natural way to go which is healthier vg or pg?

Also i have been checking into this mod box and these two tanks.
eleaf istick tc200w mod box
kanger toptank mini for me which i am the lung hitter
and the aspire nautilus mini for my girlfriend she is a mouth to lung hitter

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, and welcome! Lots of good info here, but to your specific concerns...

1. PG and VG, more usually a blend of the two, are pretty much the base for all e-liquids out there. Not sure how much more natural you're looking to get than vegetable glycerin, which is usually derived from palm or soy.
2. I'm not as up to speed as I should be, but I believe the original Aspire Cleito is a favored MTL tank - there's a whole thread on here dedicated to discussing the different options, hopefully someone will post up a link or I'll go digging in a bit...
3. There are so many options here it's ludicrous. The best bet might be to try one that comes with a variety of different coils, including some with large juice ports and a wide air opening at the bottom and others with smaller openings for a tighter draw. Most tanks these days have adjustable airflow, so you can close it off for tight draws or open it up for direct lung.
4. Again, too many options to discuss. Don't worry about going too big or fancy with your first purchase, if you take to vaping you'll always need a backup mod, and a backup for your backup, and...
5. PG and VG affect different people different ways - more people are sensitive to PG, but those who have VG sensitivity tend to react more negatively. Generally a VG-heavy liquid will be better for direct lung, as it may not wick fast enough into the smaller coils MTL users prefer, leading to thoroughly unpleasant "dry hits." For that, something closer to a 50/50 blend is generally preferred.

I'm personally not an eLeaf fan, they've produced the only units I've ever had break on me before I got caught the shiny-new-toy bug and bought something else. Kanger tanks, from my experience, tend to give a tighter draw somewhere between DL and MTL, even wide open. That might not be a bad thing for a beginner, but for something that features throwaway coils and is more wide open a Smok TFV4 or TFV8 might be a better bet. The Nautilus, though, is a tried-and-true MTL winner, even though it's been around for years now.

panpan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

1. PG and VG, more usually a blend of the two, are pretty much the base for all e-liquids out there. Not sure how much more natural you're looking to get than vegetable glycerin, which is usually derived from palm or soy.
2. I'm not as up to speed as I should be, but I believe the original Aspire Cleito is a favored MTL tank - there's a whole thread on here dedicated to discussing the different options, hopefully someone will post up a link or I'll go digging in a bit...
3. There are so many options here it's ludicrous. The best bet might be to try one that comes with a variety of different coils, including some with large juice ports and a wide air opening at the bottom and others with smaller openings for a tighter draw. Most tanks these days have adjustable airflow, so you can close it off for tight draws or open it up for direct lung.
4. Again, too many options to discuss. Don't worry about going too big or fancy with your first purchase, if you take to vaping you'll always need a backup mod, and a backup for your backup, and...
5. PG and VG affect different people different ways - more people are sensitive to PG, but those who have VG sensitivity tend to react more negatively. Generally a VG-heavy liquid will be better for direct lung, as it may not wick fast enough into the smaller coils MTL users prefer, leading to thoroughly unpleasant "dry hits." For that, something closer to a 50/50 blend is generally preferred.

I'm personally not an eLeaf fan, they've produced the only units I've ever had break on me before I got caught the shiny-new-toy bug and bought something else. Kanger tanks, from my experience, tend to give a tighter draw somewhere between DL and MTL, even wide open. That might not be a bad thing for a beginner, but for something that features throwaway coils and is more wide open a Smok TFV4 or TFV8 might be a better bet. The Nautilus, though, is a tried-and-true MTL winner, even though it's been around for years now.

well thanks for the info the big thing is my girlfriend and me are both trying to quit. And the nautilus mini looks like a great option for her because of the MTL. I actually have always smoke cigarettes the DL way. So i am looking for a good tank for that.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

What is a good sub ohm tank i can check out

Clieto is a DTL tank. it's not as crazy as a TFV8 but it's not MTL.

for a good sub ohm tank thats not overboard for just starting the clieto, baby beast, freemax starre pure, and TFV4 are good options. all those can be used under 100 watts so a 100 watt mod would be more then enough. good options for that are a pico (cheap and popular here) Hohmslice (really excellent mod but a little more pricy) if you wanted to get a 200 watt mod the alien is a new and great mod and can be purchased in a kit with the baby beast tank for a reasonable price. If you want an internal battery mod though that would be different suggestions

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
well thanks for the info the big thing is my girlfriend and me are both trying to quit. And the nautilus mini looks like a great option for her because of the MTL. I actually have always smoke cigarettes the DL way. So i am looking for a good tank for that.
nautilus mini is one of the best MTL tanks so a really good option

VU Sponsors