Become a Patron!

Looking to buy coils

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm looking for sites that are selling legit good coils for cloud chasers I'm still in process of learning this stuff but might take me a while to get in on it I'm looking for good ones tho not skimpy skinny looking ones durables to fit in my Kennedy v2 competition style rda please and thanks in advance

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moving to Coils...

I'd strongly recommend building your own coils, especially to start. I know that sounds counter-intuitive but learning Ohm's Law and putting it into practice yourself, along with learning battery safety, is key to avoid blowing yourself up if you buy something online that your setup isn't prepared to handle.

Try a few basic builds with 24g or 26g, it won't be that hard...then if you really feel the need you can pay through the nose for someone to build you some sort of triple-dragon-quad-helix-clapton-stapled-twisted-braided-donkey-raper-unicorn-virginity-robbing supercoil.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of coils you looking for?
Do you or have you considered building your own coils?
I made a coil I call the twisted trinity chain that is about 0.25 ohms @ 4wraps
Are you looking for something like this or just a basic 0.4 or 0.5 coil?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i build stuff for folks all the time. I find it fun. If you need something specific PM me and maybe i can help.

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just starting up on coils so I still got some learning to do before I start up but I need to know the stuff I'm going to need to be doing my own coils plus right now I'm still waiting on my snow wolf 200w to arrive dnt know what batteries go best on that to last long battery life

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm just starting up on coils so I still got some learning to do before I start up but I need to know the stuff I'm going to need to be doing my own coils plus right now I'm still waiting on my snow wolf 200w to arrive dnt know what batteries go best on that to last long battery life
There's a lot of good batteries, but I prefer the LG HE4's. Check out eBay. There's some good deals there. I think I pay around $5 each and they usually come with battery cases.

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm 19 lol if your thinking I look 15 or something haha

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's a lot of good batteries, but I prefer the LG HE4's. Check out eBay. There's some good deals there. I think I pay around $5 each and they usually come with battery cases.
Are those rechargeable and are they good for snow wolf 200w

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The following post comes from @OBDave, these are not my words, post for him, though.

http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

"The fact that you'd post that comment makes it clear that you have A LOT to learn before even attempting to turn your mod on, let alone start cloud chasing at high wattage. Please, spend some time with the above thread, and come back here and ask questions as you come up with them. Most of us used vaping as a tool to quit smoking, not as a way to make our friends think we were cool - and some of us take serious offense to people doing stupidly dangerous stuff because they think it makes them cool. None of us want you to blow yourself up and become another poster child for the anti-vaping crowd.

Sorry if this comes across harsh, but it's really damned important you don't go trying to stuff some random battery you think is "special" into your 18650 mod because "18650s wont do it." "

The above message is Dave's reply to your thoughts on batteries.

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The following post comes from @OBDave, these are not my words, post for him, though.

http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

"The fact that you'd post that comment makes it clear that you have A LOT to learn before even attempting to turn your mod on, let alone start cloud chasing at high wattage. Please, spend some time with the above thread, and come back here and ask questions as you come up with them. Most of us used vaping as a tool to quit smoking, not as a way to make our friends think we were cool - and some of us take serious offense to people doing stupidly dangerous stuff because they think it makes them cool. None of us want you to blow yourself up and become another poster child for the anti-vaping crowd.

Sorry if this comes across harsh, but it's really damned important you don't go trying to stuff some random battery you think is "special" into your 18650 mod because "18650s wont do it." "

The above message is Dave's reply to your thoughts on batteries.
Well for Dave is very quick to judge not knowing my own story nor was i going to be attempting at random to use my box.mod without knowing how to work it nor do I use vaping to look cool in front of friends because I live my life not trusting many but like I said Dave doesn't know my story that's why I came on here to learn more about it before attempting and yeah I meat up about the 18650 thing lol rookie mistake a lot of us have made yeah haha criticize and make fun of the rookie like some of you haven't been through it haha very funny and my box mod hasn't came in and yeah still looking into batteries and everything thanks for the link

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Are those rechargeable and are they good for snow wolf's 200w because those box mods drain batteries like crazy they need special batteriesbecause 18650 won't do it

I think Dave may have been questioning this because you seem to not even know that every 18650 battery on the face of the earth IS rechargeable.

But for real you need to find a pair that are High Drain 25 or 30 amp Continuous (NOT PULSE, NEVER PULSE!!!) RATED IMR18650 Batteries

You should really buy 2 pairs (4 Batteries) 2 in the mod, 2 charged for when you need to charge the 2 in the mod.

Also NEVER, Ever, Ever, EverEverEver buy ICR18650 Batteries This is VERY Important.

ONLY IMR batteries - High Drain IMR18650 25 or 30 amp Continuous (EACH)

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I feel like you got a monster mod that fairly complicated for a beginning coil builder. My best advice is to find a good vape shop and let them advise you at first. Most are willing to teach. If you live near any vape lounges, better. You can have regular folks helping you out without pushing you to buy stuff.

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think Dave may have been questioning this because you seem to not even know that every 18650 battery on the face of the earth IS rechargeable.

But for real you need to find a pair that are High Drain 25 or 30 amp Continuous (NOT PULSE, NEVER PULSE!!!) RATED IMR18650 Batteries

You should really buy 2 pairs (4 Batteries) 2 in the mod, 2 charged for when you need to charge the 2 in the mod.

Also NEVER, Ever, Ever, EverEverEver buy ICR18650 Batteries This is VERY Important.

ONLY IMR batteries - High Drain IMR18650 25 or 30 amp Continuous (EACH)
Yeah I miss interpreted what a video said about the batteries for those so yeah I understand that's why I said that

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I feel like you got a monster mod that fairly complicated for a beginning coil builder. My best advice is to find a good vape shop and let them advise you at first. Most are willing to teach. If you live near any vape lounges, better. You can have regular folks helping you out without pushing you to buy stuff.

Actually some of these newer subohm tanks like the Smok TVF4 has 0.2 ohm triple coils and 0.15 ohm quad coils and it's a fill and vape tank.
You can take this and a few others over 100 watts and blow clouds just as big as the guy who builds his own coils.
Plus it's a way safer alternative until you get better at building coils.

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually some of these newer subohm tanks like the Smok TVF4 has 0.2 ohm triple coils and 0.15 ohm quad coils and it's a fill and vape tank.
You can take this and a few others over 100 watts and blow clouds just as big as the guy who builds his own coils.
Plus it's a way safer alternative until you get better at building coils.
I was probably going to look into tanks to use until I learn how to do coil wraps to prevent anything lol but I did over shoot on my buy with a 200w but wasn't planning on shooting it too high till I got the hang of it

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yeah I miss interpreted what a video said about the batteries for those so yeah I understand that's why I said that

We will help you stay safe and make sure you are on the right track with buying gear.
Batteries are very important and you don't want to skimp on them.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So you have this atty?
kennedy-rda-apart1.jpg kennedy-rda-apart2.jpg

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We will help you stay safe and make sure you are on the right track with buying gear.
Batteries are very important and you don't want to skimp on them.
Thanks would really appreciate it haha and yes that is the one I have Kennedy v2 competition style RDA just need to know what coils are best for my box which hasn't came in yet it runs on kanthal and nickel wire from what I heard and read not sure if others fit on it for the box mod

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
FWIW I just started using a mod that needs 18650s about 2 weeks ago, Ive been vaping for over 4 years on egos and isticks, and i didnt know ALL 18650s were rechargeable I thought 18650 was just the size and maybe some type somewhere may not be rechargeable. SO learn something new everyday.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would do a ton of research before attempting to build coils...there is a lot to learn. I looked into mods and atty's for almost 3 months before diving in and buying one of each, then I didnt build a coil for another month while researching more into batteries and coiling. After I felt a had a decent grasp on what and what not to do I made my first coil (1.3 Ohm) and I didn't build below .7 until I felt I was safe. I still build mainly between .2-.6 Ohm and use Parallel or Regulated Box when building any lower, I wouldn't vape like this until you understand the basics and understand the risk your taking. There are many videos on safety, many articles on battery safety and limits, many tutorials on coil builds....You just need to research and absorb as much as you can before attempting to do anything.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well for Dave is very quick to judge not knowing my own story nor was i going to be attempting at random to use my box.mod without knowing how to work it nor do I use vaping to look cool in front of friends because I live my life not trusting many but like I said Dave doesn't know my story that's why I came on here to learn more about it before attempting and yeah I meat up about the 18650 thing lol rookie mistake a lot of us have made yeah haha criticize and make fun of the rookie like some of you haven't been through it haha very funny and my box mod hasn't came in and yeah still looking into batteries and everything thanks for the link
Hey man, sorry my post came across choppy, for some reason I was having horrendous forum issues last night.

The main point of it was to get you that link that @Huckleberried was kind enough to post for me - lots of good info that's designed to help you get started and answer a lot of the questions that you should obviously be asking.

The majority of 19 year-olds we see around here are vaping because it's cool, not because they've been smoking forever and are trying to quit. Perhaps you're not like most folks that come in here putting cloud chasing ahead of getting off cigarettes, and if so I apologize - to an extent. I still definitely think you need to do a lot more learning before trying to use a high-power mod.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@Smallzvape I think you have received a lot of good information already. The reason you choose to vape is not really my concern, as long as you're of age and are safe. I think that's where most folks on here will advise you. Being "cool" won't matter much if a mod explodes in your face! You've come to a good place to get information on how to vape safely and the post on this thread prove that! Good luck and hopefully we can help you along the way!

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey man, sorry my post came across choppy, for some reason I was having horrendous forum issues last night.

The main point of it was to get you that link that @Huckleberried was kind enough to post for me - lots of good info that's designed to help you get started and answer a lot of the questions that you should obviously be asking.

The majority of 19 year-olds we see around here are vaping because it's cool, not because they've been smoking forever and are trying to quit. Perhaps you're not like most folks that come in here putting cloud chasing ahead of getting off cigarettes, and if so I apologize - to an extent. I still definitely think you need to do a lot more learning before trying to use a high-power mod.

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I understand what you mean most do nowadays and thanks I have a lot of research and notes to do on coils and batteries and everythingnwhich I will be doing rather than winging it and hope it works haha

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the help everyone anymore advice will help me learn more if anymore and thanks

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have a read at some of the coil and rebuildable threads here , it helps when your starting off, good info in them, Good luck

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey if anyone can build cat track coils i would buy a set, i work so much i dont have time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank god its not a non regulated stick mod, 3rd degree burns on a 19 yr olds hand is not a good thing, get plenty of time behind ur belt with a safe regulated device.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Tasty Heights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Moving to Coils...

I'd strongly recommend building your own coils, especially to start. I know that sounds counter-intuitive but learning Ohm's Law and putting it into practice yourself, along with learning battery safety, is key to avoid blowing yourself up if you buy something online that your setup isn't prepared to handle.

Try a few basic builds with 24g or 26g, it won't be that hard...then if you really feel the need you can pay through the nose for someone to build you some sort of triple-dragon-quad-helix-clapton-stapled-twisted-braided-donkey-raper-unicorn-virginity-robbing supercoil.

Yep-I blew out my Hex on one of those, damnit. I just had to add in a donkey raper. I should have known better.

Smallzvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are 40amp batteries imr18650s ok to use? My mod came in the shop I went to only had 40amps? What's the deal on those?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are 40amp batteries imr18650s ok to use? My mod came in the shop I went to only had 40amps? What's the deal on those?
40A Pulse maybe....There is not a true 40A Continuous Discharge 18650 and any with it printed on it is pure marketing at its finest. Do research on the specific battery and post pics here to see what other peoples experiences are with them. I only trust my face and hands with Samsung 25Rs as they are 20A Continuous Discharge and can be pulsed 100A, which is a lot of headroom for if a mod auto-fires or malfunctions. Don't believe anything on a wrapper, look for test results on batteries, done by 3rd party testers.

Johnny2Much

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm looking for sites that are selling legit good coils for cloud chasers I'm still in process of learning this stuff but might take me a while to get in on it I'm looking for good ones tho not skimpy skinny looking ones durables to fit in my Kennedy v2 competition style rda please and thanks in advance
sounds familliar...did we communicate on ebay? Anywys, I can build you any type of coil you want. I do braidator variations you wont find anywhere else, all types of originals, custom, anything at all. if you want a sick setup you will need something with huge postholes, i recommend a twisted messes rda.

Johnny2Much

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
AWT 18650 batteries are, I believe, perfect. i use them on an unregulated mod (please don't use one until you REALLY know your stuff). batteries have 2 ratings and the only one that actually matters is the CONTINUOUS Amp rating, which means that it can hold at a certain level safely, not just tiny burts. most batteries only give the top rating not continuous. the awt's are rated 40 amp, 35 amp continuous. in the right type of mod it doubles up, so on mine i get 70 amps, so i can basically vape anything. you'll get there but don't rush it. use regulated devices, for safety, and with those you cant vape low enough to get into serious cloud chasing. And, dude.....anyone that asks you a question will know immediately that you're a noob, and they will be harsh. Take your time, work your way up and earn it. it's the only way to vape. buy an ohm reader, order wire from lightning vapes, watch some videos. learn your shit befor you get out there. if you really want to be part of this lifestyle, then respect and protect it with us. One ignorant asshole away from making a pipe bomb (accidentally) and blowing off a kids face and outlawing vaping. I'll help you, free of charge, no questions are dumb. ignore the 3 year vapers, a lot of them like to flaunt their knowledge and act..... like condescending elitists. (no, not all of you are like that, but too many) there are too many opinions and not enough facts in this scene. I can help you cut through the bullshit and even teach you how to make incredible builds, that impress in functionality and in complexity, without offending the passive-aggressive masses or harming yourself.

Johnny2Much

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh, and on that note.....any recommendations for making coil bus bars? I'm using 20g nichrome 80 but feel like there's a better way....would non-resistance nickel wire work for carrying the current without affecting ohms' too much? thanks oh, and, #doyouevenbraidbro

Johnny2Much

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
40A Pulse maybe....There is not a true 40A Continuous Discharge 18650 and any with it printed on it is pure marketing at its finest. Do research on the specific battery and post pics here to see what other peoples experiences are with them. I only trust my face and hands with Samsung 25Rs as they are 20A Continuous Discharge and can be pulsed 100A, which is a lot of headroom for if a mod auto-fires or malfunctions. Don't believe anything on a wrapper, look for test results on batteries, done by 3rd party testers.
i agree, these assholes print such shit on these batteries. i went from Sony to AWT, they're nice and not bad around $9 i vape around .07 on the regular and they don't even get warm.

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
a1b49090aec33e2e0746ad3714273df6.jpg
521dcdf0b4e12ee8c7c1ef8788495624.jpg
cant wait to install those coils on this plenty of room just got it today just for those coils

Johnny2Much

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nice! If you want some crazy slentre braidators, dual staggered stapled fused claptons, double stapled helix, etc.....let me know. same goes for questions.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i agree, these assholes print such shit on these batteries. i went from Sony to AWT, they're nice and not bad around $9 i vape around .07 on the regular and they don't even get warm.
Glad you're having luck so far, but this AWT company you speak of is not a manufacturer, they're a re-wrapper. And if they're claiming 35A continuous, they're lying. Period.

VU Sponsors