Become a Patron!

Looking to do first build

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys I'm wanting to do my first mech build. I wasn't planning on doing anything fancy, just a simple 3.7v box with a 510 connector using a 18650 battery. I think I have the general idea but I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice/tips or point me in a good direction before I go shopping tomorrow. Thnx in advance :)

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Technically... if it's got a wired button from battery to 510... it's not a "mechanical mod". Be that as it may... the Madvapes blog "how to" page has a list of DIY box and tube mod builds... they also carry most of the parts you need.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've built one in to a tin before and it worked great. I just dint use it for subohming because i knew the wires couldn't handle it. and if you really want to be safe i would suggest putting a fuse or two in it in case anything fails.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Mad Vapes has a decent selection of the bits and pieces you need for a basic build like flux said.

You can use Altoids tins and if you look hard enough you may be able to find a small cigar or cigarette case that would fit the battery and have a little character to it.

And I am thinking that I was told you can get some good battery contacts and buttons from Radio Shack.

VU Sponsors