Become a Patron!

Looking to get into cloud chasing, mod/RDA suggestions?

briand

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I gotta order that skittles juice he filled my tank with. My god it was amazing. I just can't remember what the hell it was called and hey wanted like $20+ per 30ml bottle :(

I have each of these on my desk loaded with different juices so I can change flavor and the vape experience just by picking up a different rig.

IPV5 with the stock single-coil RBA deck that came with the TFV4. Practically no ramp time, when you press fire she's ready!
IPV3 Li VR with an OBS T-VCT nickel coil.
Reuleaux DNA200 TFV4 Quad coil. Long ramp time when cold.
Reuleaux RX200 TriForce tank. Longer ramp time when cold.
Reuleaux RX200 with an Alliance V2+ RDA. Fast ramp up (and the best rda I have tried).
Lotus LE80 with a dotcom RDA dual kanthal Claptons. Longest cold ramp time of all.
Sigelei 150 TC with a Kanger SubTank titanium coil. No ramp time.
Snow Wolf 200w TC v1.5 with a High Voltage nickel coil. Slight ramp time when cold.

All of those produce great clouds, the TFV4 RDA gives the best cloud / flavor combination when the AFC is half closed.

I run all of my RDA at ~30w and tanks at ~80w.

I make all RDA coils 4mm ID and wick them with ReadyXWick XL 3.8mm. Beats cotton in every way.

All that money spent and what's my favorite rig?

A KBOX 40w with a 5ml extended Atlantis tank. VaporJoes.com has a sale on the KBOX for $10.99 and the Atlantis with the 5ml extension kit costs about $25.

This rig costs less than $40 total and produces as good a vape as any of my high-dollar rigs!

briand

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dang, what a setup! I know ill be there someday. Already thought about buying more Cleito's to do something like you mentioned, different flavors always ready to go.

I have a question though, a local Vape shop I "liked" on Facebook just posted a slightly used Hexohm v2.1 regulated box mod for sale. They wanted $140, which I just looked up online for fun, they are about $180~ new, but my question is, why so expensive? It says only 110w, 2 18650's series, when something like my RX200 is 200w, and only $40...

Is it almost like car audio amps, some say 2000 watts, but really only push 1000 or less, and then others say 2000 watts but push 2200?

I've never vaped anything over 90w. I bought 150-200w gear so I will be ready whatever the market brings in the future.

I have heard a lot of good reports on the Aspire Clieto so I suppose I will buy one later today after the Daytona race.

With so many good (better?) 200w TC mods available under $100 I can't see why the Hex-ohm holds its value but I wouldn't buy it.

briand

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just wondered since it seems like the 150-200w mods are so cheap now.

You also answered another question I had, what can even handle 200 watts right now, which you said isn't really anything.

But yeah, I love this Cleito. I got my second order of Clapton coils in which finally came with cotton, but these have a much larger inner diameter and work so much better. Ramp up time from cold is crazy, 3-4 seconds but the clouds are pretty big. Issue I'm having though is like barely any flavor! I mean literally the most I could tell you when exhaling is that it's a baked good juice or a sweet/candy juice. I guess it's a cool setup for clouds, but I thought there'd be more flavor.

Sitting at 40-50w with a dual Clapton build at 0.37 ohms. Gonna order some kanthal wire today finally and experiment with DIY coils.

VU Sponsors