Become a Patron!

Looking to Quit Smoking

Howdy! I’m new to the forums, and I’m a 21 year old woman from massachusetts with a really difficult to break pack a day cigarette habit. I want to transition to vaping but to be honest, I’m pretty clueless as to where to start. I’ve come here in search of help as I transition.

Thank you :)

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU!
Switching to vaping is a good move. I switched almost 10 years ago. The hardest part is finding what works best for you. Both fortunately and unfortunately there are a myriad of devices and liquids available. When I started there were basically 3 choices of e-cig and a LOT of really horrible liquids, none of which were very good but I still made it work.
Where to start can be tough. Different things work for different people. Have you tried any devices at all? Know anyone who currently vapes? Do you take light drags or deep, fill your lungs kind of drags? What kind of cigs do you smoke?
Would you want something simple where you just slap it together and go?
Would you want more control over what flavors you can choose from?
Vaping can be as simple or complex as you like. Most start out simple and go deep down the rabbit hole pretty quick, with rebuildables, mixing our own liquids etc.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to our forum :wave:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU.
Will you be buying a kit locally or online? Are you wanting something similar to a cig draw?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say there are two paths now available:
  1. Pick up one of the well-reviewed pod-kits that don't lock you into their own juice-line. There are folks here that use them, and there are umpty million reviewers on YouTube, (that are slowly switching to VapeTube)
  2. Alternately, get a solid single or dual cell mod, (depends on if you prefer to vape all day or swap cells mid-day), and one of the top-rated MTL (mouth-to-lung) tanks. Last I looked, there are some MTL tanks that are "clearomizer" style - meaning you don't have to learn to coil, just keep buying and replacing coil heads.
I would definitely recommend MTL to start with, to a regular smoker. It's how I started, and I was hand-rolling. I was also smoking about 3 packs a day, so I settled on about 36mg nicotine to start with. I'm down to 4mg after about 8 years, and have not touched tobacco in about 6 years.

I can't stand MTL nowadays, and I jumped on every bandwagon there was from the eGo and VV sticks of the time forward, looking for decent tank size, coils, airflow - it was enraging.

Yes. I absolutely make my own juice: buying that for a few months was massively depressing.

Yes. I make and install my own coils: I'm cheap, I hate waste, and the holy Deeming Regs are less than 10 months away.

I only threw out a minimum of HW over time and mostly would gift it to those trying to switch, or I'd sell stuff off to those that wanted it enough.

Welcome to VU.

[edit: just saw this - perfect MTL starter-tank, if you can twist a coil: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/sxk-kfl-2019-24mm-with-ext-and-spare-tank.492079/ ]

Last edited:

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU.

VU Sponsors