Become a Patron!

Looking to start rebuilding

Kryptonet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys I've kinda gotten over the limited options for prebuilt coils and I'm ready to get into rebuilding however I can't seem to find any that are beginner friendly that meet my requirements for prebuilt tanks, which I guess makes sense as my cleito 120 isn't exactly beginner friendly, but any advice?

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe start with an RDA. You can practice your builds without worrying about a leaking tank

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would definitely suggest single-coil. RDA, RDTA - Wicking is not that complex, but more than a coil at a time is tedious.

Kryptonet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know, I was looking for an rather than rba/rta whatever they're called I've heard both buy I know they're different yet brands use then interchangeably

Kryptonet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I'm looking for is something similar to my cleito 120 where the airflow has almost no resistance because that's what has me staying with this tank despite having about 9 others

Kryptonet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 2 mags, an eleaf istick 200, a v8 stick, and a Voopoo drag, correction I have 5 I forgot that I sold my g 150 yesterday

Kryptonet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured I just wasn't sure about wattage and stuff like that because Idk what wattage are like for rebuilding either because the drag only goes to 157

Kryptonet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I mean I have a cleito 120 on my drag and it can keep up with drippers that my friends have buy I know for a fact a rebuild can make that thing look like a v8 stick in comparison

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's no one answer. It's all subjective and you're likely to to get as many answers as there are members of this forum. I believe you'll find that you may have to try a few before you settle on the one that's for you.

We'll need a few more questions answered so the you may receive a more informed response. Do you prefer flavor, clouds, or a mixture of both. Dual or single coil? What wattage do you currently prefer to vape? I think that you'll find (at least I have) that you'll get good vapes from lower wattage with rebuildables than with factory coil sub ohm tanks.

I prefer single coil vape with a mixture of flavor and clouds with flavor being a higher priority.

My current favorites for single coil are, in no particular order, Wasp Nano, Recurve, and Dead Rabbit SQ.

For dual coil, of which I only have a few, I'll suggest the Drop. The drop also functions very, very well in single coil. All of these are very beginner friendly with a lot of videos out there to help you along the way. I also have the CSMNT, Goon 1.5 and the original Dead Rabbit currently in the rotation. The Goon and CSMNT are both excellent drippers but in my opinion are ever so slightly more advanced. The dead rabbit is very nice with a large following, but I personally find it very finicky with getting the coils at the just right height.

Lastly, of the mods you mentioned I'd suggest using the Drag unless you just have to vape at 200+ watts.

So, this is just one guy's opinions. Good luck

Kryptonet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now I average about 130 watts because in my tank that gives me massive flavor and even bigger clouds but what I prefer is a hot Vape because when it's too cool I can barely tell I'm getting anything, flavor is most important but I enjoy clouds as well all other things aside the more open the airflow the better because then I can take better more effective hits

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a drag with a .11 build on a Phobia RDA. The mod sets it to 80 watts but I like 90-100. With the drag once you get above 130w super mode does kick in but ohms have to be .10 or above. Phobia is bottom airflow brings great vape but is easy to over drip or squonk. Other mod I use with this RDA is a Benecig Killer PWM mod. Its a good mod but paint doesn't stay.

Kryptonet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I already know evening there is to know about the drag because I do homework before I buy anything, my main question is does anyone have the rune rda and is it worth getting one for my first rda or should I start out with a velocity rda

VU Sponsors