Become a Patron!

Lookout! Provari Radius now 60 Watts!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woot Woot! Trying to find out if the firmware is upgradable for the V1 Radius, but the new devices will be shipping with 60 watts. No TC yet, but still have a couple weeks... You go Provape!:vino:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey F1, how are you liking the Procyon? If Provape can make this device 60 watts also, I might have to grab one.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oops just seeing this. I love the Procyon!!... I'm also glad that they found the hamsters for the radius
untitled.png

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just thought of something. All of my American made mods were sent back for repairs. Provari, Buzz Pro, and Surric X. All of my Chinese mods still vaping strong. It's weird but true. :confused:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It may be older tech, but just like every mod on the market- its not for everyone.
Provape got me off cigarettes, for a year all I had was a p2.5 and a kayfun 3.1.
The Procyon and kf5 is a now combo that I have as a nice feeling of nostalgia that reminds me of the old days.

I haven't decided if the radius 60 is for me or not yet, I doubt it is; because of the battery door. Not everyone uses tc, and most that use it; don't, use tc all the time.
Other than that, its a nice 60w mod with after point of sale support, made by a company with a huge cult following.
I'm not defending or bashing them, I'm actually happy to see them put out another mod that I would use.
Kick ass thing about vaping is there are thousands of options for everyone.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, totally agreed. My only issues with it is that it's not priced to its tech. Which, of course, is hardly surprising for ProVape. A mod that will last a lifetime is, of course, a HUGE selling point over the next two years. It would not surprise me if, for that reason alone, they pick up quite a few sales/market share. The current environment definitely favors the life time mod.

But, with that said, my SiDs still work, my eVics still work, my SVDs, SVD2s, MVPs, all still work, and of course my mechs. So how long is "lifetime"? If I'm not using them any longer and they still work, isn't that at least one definition of lifetime?

And is it worth paying a premium when devices of equal quality with as good or better specs are half the price? I'm not necessarily talking about TC either, but VW as well. I've been looking at them for years, but just can't justify pulling the trigger. A lot of fans say that you just don't know until you hold it in your hand, until you use it. I did, and they're excellent devices for what there are equals, and some I consider even better, at a fraction of the price. So, for me, I'd be paying for the right to say I own an overpriced mod, no more or less.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Labor day SALE
10% off with coupon code ld10

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im using the most advanced personal vaporizer on the planet. Provape told me so... Can you believe you can get a P2.5 for $29.00 nowadays?

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im using the most advanced personal vaporizer on the planet. Provape told me so... Can you believe you can get a P2.5 for $29.00 nowadays?
Yup! And can you believe I have 2 $219 back ups of back ups for a $70 75w Pv? How whack is that!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
bahahahaha- I was rocking just a p2.5 for a year and finally bought a dna30 as a backup for it.
then another
then another
then another....... 40 more times.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, if I was even considering it before, this video just made up my mind for me, not to touch it until it drops well below $50. No lifetime warranty? It's just 1 year now? For +$200? Itty-bitty screen. No practical Ni200 support. No temperature gradations in TC. A PITA battery cover. I think I can name more than a dozen, better mods that I'd rather spend that money on. And, likely, I could get 3 or more of them for the price.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, if I was even considering it before, this video just made up my mind for me, not to touch it until it drops well below $50. No lifetime warranty? It's just 1 year now? For +$200? Itty-bitty screen. No practical Ni200 support. No temperature gradations in TC. A PITA battery cover. I think I can name more than a dozen, better mods that I'd rather spend that money on. And, likely, I could get 3 or more of them for the price.
Zactly.
And no hamsters are harmed.

VU Sponsors