Become a Patron!

Loop or CSMNT?

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gave my dead rabbit to my wife because she really likes it (as do I).
So now looking for another dual coil RDA to replace it.

Keep meaning to pick up a CSMNT but it always ends up on the back burner.
Also checked out the geekvape loop and it looks like a contender as well.

Looking for people who have tried both to comment on which they like better and why.

If it helps, my current favorites are my Goon V 1.5, my apocalypse, and my recently relinquished dead rabbit.

Any other contenders I should consider?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Of the two you mentioned. CSMNT. IMO the Loop is overrated and it has always felt like it is missing something.

vapape

Member For 1 Year
Of the two you mentioned. CSMNT. IMO the Loop is overrated and it has always felt like it is missing something.
I second the loop being overrated. The airflow is massive and noisy, and it is suppose to have a deep juice well but the dead rabbit will hold more. But at the end of the day the loop does function for flavor but I give the build deck a 3/10.

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No love for the loop huh? Glad to find out it's no good now before I buy it.
Haven't seen many reviews so thought maybe it was a hidden gem.
The side to bottom airflow is certainly intriguing.

Anyone try the aequitas by hellvape?

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@fightinggoat I haven't tried the Aequitas just because it looks a lot like the Drop and Dead Rabbit, which I already have

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Mission XV KRMA. Great looking rda not the loop

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
If you like the Dead Rabbit you will LOVE anything else you get.

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you like the Dead Rabbit you will LOVE anything else you get.
We will always disagree here, I have many other RDAs, some are great and some aren't for me, but the DR is not a bad RDA, in fact it's in my top five favorites that I have owned.
I will get another soon.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
We will always disagree here, I have many other RDAs, some are great and some aren't for me, but the DR is not a bad RDA, in fact it's in my top five favorites that I have owned.
I will get another soon.
Lol, I'm not sure if Don hates Hellvape or the YouTube reviewer who's name is on it, but he has a life mission to dis the Dead Rabbit at every chance he gets. But I agree with you(just as the majority of people do) that the DR is a very solid RDA! It gives good flavor, is easy to build on, and holds so much e-liquid its practically an RDTA.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Gave my dead rabbit to my wife because she really likes it (as do I).
So now looking for another dual coil RDA to replace it.

Keep meaning to pick up a CSMNT but it always ends up on the back burner.
Also checked out the geekvape loop and it looks like a contender as well.

Looking for people who have tried both to comment on which they like better and why.

If it helps, my current favorites are my Goon V 1.5, my apocalypse, and my recently relinquished dead rabbit.

Any other contenders I should consider?

Check out my for sale posting... I have a one time used CSMNT w/ Squonk Post for $40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Lol, I'm not sure if Don hates Hellvape or the YouTube reviewer who's name is on it, but he has a life mission to dis the Dead Rabbit at every chance he gets. But I agree with you(just as the majority of people do) that the DR is a very solid RDA! It gives good flavor, is easy to build on, and holds so much e-liquid its practically an RDTA.

In all reality Heathen is not someone I watch but most of his reviews are ok. I have nothing against Hellvape. I just think the Dead Rabbit is a piece of shit. The airflow is just a bad design. If you mess around with it enough it's not bad but unless it's just right forget it. I gave mine away to a friend that didn't have an RDA. I built it and wicked it for him. He liked it. I gave him a Twisted Messes TM24 PRO. At that point he even said the DR is crap. I understand that people like the DR but IN MY OPINION just about any other RDA is better.

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg Update:
Picked up a loop at a local store, they had a sale for the 4th of July and I got for $31 out the door.

I really like it so far, it hasn't leaked despite my filling it up with juice to the point I am getting juice in my mouth when I take a hit.

The flavor is really good, not earth moving, but as good as my other favorite rdas I use.

My favorite thing though is the feel of the airflow when it's wide open, it gives a slight restriction and feels similar to the dead rabbit. I like these directed airflow rdas for the mouth and lung feel. Something I don't get from my side flow units even when I choke them down, they just feel different.

It is a little loud, but it doesn't bother me, I can tell when it starts getting dry because that sound changes, when the coils are wet the air charge sounds saturated and a little gurgly.

My AFC ring is nice and tight as well (common complaint I was seeing, people said it was too loose)
Overall it's well made, looks good, performs well and has a uniqueness that is refreshing.

Goes to show how subjective vaping is, everyone here said it was poo but I like it.

I also have a CSMNT coming from chefs yard sale so your advice didn't fall on deaf ears.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Goes to show how subjective vaping is, everyone here said it was poo but I like it.
I didn't say it was poo... actually I haven't tried the Loop so no reason for me to call it poo. With the CSMNT equipped with the Shawty cap the positioning of my coils in the picture I posted has been giving me the kind of vape experience I love, but due to the limited distance between the edge of the block and the coil the inner diameter of the coil needs to be 2.5mm for this to work, and, for me that's fine because especially with the Shawty this edge is adding some kind of effect I find to be cosmologically very surprisingly pleasant. :stars2:

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't say it was poo... actually I haven't tried the Loop so no reason for me to call it poo. With the CSMNT equipped with the Shawty cap the positioning of my coils in the picture I posted has been giving me the kind of vape experience I love, but due to the limited distance between the edge of the block and the coil the inner diameter of the coil needs to be 2.5mm for this to work, and, for me that's fine because especially with the Shawty this edge is adding some kind of effect I find to be cosmologically very surprisingly pleasant. :stars2:
Never meant you specifically, just the overwhelming majority of responses were not in favor of the loop.
How much shorter is the short cap compared to the regular?

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 115029 Update:
Picked up a loop at a local store, they had a sale for the 4th of July and I got for $31 out the door.

I really like it so far, it hasn't leaked despite my filling it up with juice to the point I am getting juice in my mouth when I take a hit.

The flavor is really good, not earth moving, but as good as my other favorite rdas I use.

My favorite thing though is the feel of the airflow when it's wide open, it gives a slight restriction and feels similar to the dead rabbit. I like these directed airflow rdas for the mouth and lung feel. Something I don't get from my side flow units even when I choke them down, they just feel different.

It is a little loud, but it doesn't bother me, I can tell when it starts getting dry because that sound changes, when the coils are wet the air charge sounds saturated and a little gurgly.

My AFC ring is nice and tight as well (common complaint I was seeing, people said it was too loose)
Overall it's well made, looks good, performs well and has a uniqueness that is refreshing.

I also have a CSMNT coming from chefs yard sale so your advice didn't fall on deaf ears.
Nice review. Thanks.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never meant you specifically, just the overwhelming majority of responses were not in favor of the loop.
How much shorter is the short cap compared to the regular?
No hard feelings at all, it's just the nature of this hobby the fact that how you like to vape isn't necessarily how I like to vape or vice versa so I'm thinking avoid that loophole instead of avoiding the loop. :cool:

The Shawty cap in its entirety (sleeve + chuff) has the same height as the stock sleeve with no chuff. So the difference is not that big, like only 3.5mm or so, but nevertheless it makes for a denser, more saturated vape with increased flavor IMO, and that's why I still highly recommend it even though I did decide to replace the o-ring between the sleeve and the chuff for a slightly firmer one because (also IMO) the stock o-ring on that is fairly loose.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
No love for the loop huh? Glad to find out it's no good now before I buy it.
Haven't seen many reviews so thought maybe it was a hidden gem.
The side to bottom airflow is certainly intriguing.

Anyone try the aequitas by hellvape?
I'm constantly on search for "hidden gems". Unfortunately, I thought the wasp nano was going to be better than the recurve. Wrong. Lol.

For the builds I Vape, I need to stick to metal caps. Those fucking plastic caps are not meant for Vaping .1 builds. There just not. Every one that I've ever used had had problems. I think the juice heating up causes some kind of chemical reaction. They crack and warp.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I will get another soon.
Lol, I agree. The dead rabbit is one of if not my favorite dual coil RDA.

But, to each is own.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
In all reality Heathen is not someone I watch but most of his reviews are ok. I have nothing against Hellvape. I just think the Dead Rabbit is a piece of shit. The airflow is just a bad design. If you mess around with it enough it's not bad but unless it's just right forget it. I gave mine away to a friend that didn't have an RDA. I built it and wicked it for him. He liked it. I gave him a Twisted Messes TM24 PRO. At that point he even said the DR is crap. I understand that people like the DR but IN MY OPINION just about any other RDA is better.
Angled side air vaping is an aquired taste apparently. I do find that the right coil placement is crucial, but in a case like this, Mark a coil rod, make a note of the angles, maybe take a picture and your good to go with better flavor.

The drop was alright. There side Cap locking mechanism was terrible, and the flavor Couldn't touch a Dr built right. If both were built right, the DR wins Everytime. I understand that not every one wants to fiddle around with something they don't like.

What are your opinions of the drop dead?

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Nice review. Thanks.
I find all my bottom airflow atomizers give not better, but different flavor as apposed to my favorite type of AF which is angled side airflow. I will also go so far as to say I get cloudier, Vapes with proper bottom airflow.

The tsunsmi is a good rda, but I fucking hate the post orientation. You can't use flat builds with the tsunami if your as picky about good looking builds as I am.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Angled side air vaping is an aquired taste apparently. I do find that the right coil placement is crucial, but in a case like this, Mark a coil rod, make a note of the angles, maybe take a picture and your good to go with better flavor.

The drop was alright. There side Cap locking mechanism was terrible, and the flavor Couldn't touch a Dr built right. If both were built right, the DR wins Everytime. I understand that not every one wants to fiddle around with something they don't like.

What are your opinions of the drop dead?

As far as the Drop Dead I really have no opinion. I don't have one and probably won't get one. I hope people like them. I think my next RDA will be a <cough> Reload X <cough>. I'm really like the Chief King right now.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Angled side air vaping is an aquired taste apparently.
I like the angled side air of the DR. People who don't like it should get the separately sold Priest cap for it, or Butcher cap for those who need more air.
I do find that the right coil placement is crucial,
That holds true for any RBA. With the angled side air, it's just more readily apparent compared to most of the other air types.
If both were built right, the DR wins Everytime.
Aye.

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first build in the DR was lackluster at best, had my coils pretty much centered over the posts, but I quickly learned to move my coils over towards the sides and flavor improved ten fold.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 115029 Update:

I liked the loop. Just sold mine yesterday as I didn't use it anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors