Become a Patron!

Loss of flavor

I am going to try and explain this as best as I can. I recently purchased a Vandy Vape Bonza from a local shop and one of the workers made the build for me I think he just used Kanthol wire not sure what size but wasn't very big. Anyways it was a dual coil reading out at around .14ohms. I had amazing flavor with this for the time I used it but then yesterday I went in to another local shop and thought I would try some pre made coils I believe they are fused claptons. The guy at the store threw them on for me then I went home and pulsed them and worked them to get hot spots out and then wicked them. These new coils are reading out at about .22. Now there is barely any flavor what so ever. I am a complete noob and just don't get how I could be getting almost no flavor and also the vape is warm a little to warm actually. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do or if I did something wrong?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go back to .14ohms and ask what type of
Wire
Coils
Wraps
Inside diameter... don’t be afraid to ask those questions dude...
IF you found those FUSED CLAPTONS to warm/hot for you, that means you ain’t ready for them yet...
Stick to what works for you, then slowly experiment...
Sometimes it depends on the JOOZE you use too...
Regular micro coil will not burn ur Jooze as fast compared to a fused Clapton’s
Match your Jooze with your
Coils bro...
you’ll get there

I BAM

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m in the same boat, still experimenting with Rebuildables on a serpent smm. I get the whole setup but not the technical aspects yet - What coil size and type.. idk if cotton makes a difference but probably.
I’ve got a lot to learn also..

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a lot of things that could cause a loss in flavor.

You're using the same juice, right?

I don't have a Bonza and have never used one. However, those coils look a little too close to the post for a side airflow RDA. That could cause a loss in flavor and an extra hot vape (since the coils aren't getting enough direct airflow to cool them down). I've heard the Bonza has A LOT of airflow too, so it's odd to hear it's too hot.

Last edited:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've noticed when I started I loved the crisp taste pretty round wire builds. Then when I tried Claptons it blew me away as to how different those two vapes are, yet how similar. This showed me that the very smallest thing you do, a loose screw, dropping your atty, anything can effect the flavor. I ALSO wouldn't have gotten a bonza if I wanted flavor. I'd have gotten a good lp, wasp, troll 22mm. Avacado 22. The bonza could very well have Kick-Ass flavor but If im wanting FLAVOR a bottom airflow or side, not both, to much airflow kills flavor.. if given 2 airflow types I use one. So for future reference:

22mm attys tend to be more flavorful than bigger ones, I will say that that's not always the case but the smaller the better for flavor.

The fused Clapton probably came from one of those people built packs probably demon killer. At first I loved them, then realized they were complete garbage.

I would rather build my own micro-coil out of half way decent wire than ever use those again.

Did the fused Claptons look twisted? I'm almost positive there Demob killer because I noticed there fused Clapton were terrible, I got better flavor from there hive wire than the FCS.

Get a small curo coiler, some 26g wire and practice installing.

Have a great day

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There should never be a time where you question flavor from fused Claptons unless there fucking terrible. Fused Clapton builds are the golden standard flavor coil.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors