1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Loss of smell/taste recently?

Discussion in 'Vaping Health Related' started by sparkuk, Jul 1, 2018.

1. sparkuk

sparkuk New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just wondering if anyone else is getting this? Seems to be around late afternoon every day lately my sense of smell/taste just suddenly switches off, can't taste a damn thing from my juices for the rest of the day after that, annoying to say the least. I've even considered knocking up a flavourless mix so as not to waste flavourings !!
    Someone suggested I try some allergy tablets as the fact the event happens at the same time of day could point towards allergy, pollen hitting a peak during the afternoon in this hot weather perhaps? Although I'm not getting bunged up or sneezing at all.
    Going to get some off-the-shelf anti-histamines tomorrow and see if that helps nail the cause.
    Anyone else had similar issues / found a remedy at all ?

eStorm likes this.
  2. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    For Vapers Tongue I have found a few remedies like eating a Pickle or Lemon Sorbet along with having some Fresh Pineapple. Other say Hot Spicy shit or smelling coffee works for them. Good Luck~!

eStorm likes this.
  3. eStorm

eStorm Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Are you drinking enough water? Most people having that issue if chain vaping over a longer period of time, or vaping a lot maybe even more than normally, but not drinking enough inbetween.

I sometimes get it if I didn't sleep enough or vaping the same flavor for most of the day. If I'm at home, I'll have 5 different setups with 5 completely different juice categories, as well as a cleanser. I make my own juices, but sometimes I test commercial and after having vape d a couple of tanks full of sugar, I won't taste anything for the next 3 days unless I use my menthol vape and drink only water that day. No coffee, soda, juices etc.

4. sparkuk

sparkuk New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, the water certainly is helping, and another thing - I had a salad earlier, and to my surprise my senses almost went into overload ! So I have since found out that it's probably the cucumber in it (there was quite a bit in there to be fair), so yes I can say the cucumber remedy definitely works also !