Become a Patron!

lost the taste of my carmel mocha! !

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One flavor I've been on for about a month now is carmel mocha. I suddenly cannot taste it. Is this the dreaded vapors tounge? If so, how long do I need to get off of it to get the taste back?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes it is sir.. i end up switching to another flavor for a few days and then go back to it and it's usually fine - never lasts too long

I'm sure people will tell you some other things to try - i've seen hot sauce, or scraping your tongue as suggestions before

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Give it a week or so. How long have you been vaping? This loss of flavor thing tends to happen during the first couple of months of switching. Also, It could be that your atty is not behaving.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Give it a week or so. How long have you been vaping? This loss of flavor thing tends to happen during the first couple of months of switching. Also, It could be that your atty is not behaving.
Been 6 weeks. Using 3 other flavors and all are still fine so far

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds about right then. Give that flavor a rest for a week or two and come back to it.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if you already made sure its not a wick/coil issue then its vapor tongue.. it happens to the best of us - lucky for you it didn't happen sooner - I usually start losing flavor after a couple weeks of vaping the same juice

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! That, and time, are the tried and true methods. Not only when it happens, but hydrating is necessary with vaping.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! That, and time, are the tried and true methods. Not only when it happens, but hydrating is necessary with vaping.
I do notice vapin dehydrate s me some, so I try to drink alot of water. My problem is when I go on a really good drinkin/ vapin binge, next day is brutal:(

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You folks have it made, I can't make up mind,;) I do love them all tho. Fanta Flavors! anyone remember that? Make my own till it's just right. I'm safe though, no formaldehyde in MY juice. I get it from my Beer. Live, Enjoy, Die. That's the best I can figure. :cool:

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG, I love Fanta orang and grape. Ive been currently battling vapor tongue. Seems switching to another juice flavor works, then go back to your favorite . Ive also noticed that since this abnormally warm weather in the nw has me downing water, my juices taste better.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, there can be too much of a good thing. ;)
I make VZ's SC Caramel Mocha as one of my ADV juices, it's soooo yummy.

But...

Imagine eating even the best foods EVERYDAY...you'd soon burn out on 'em.

Variety is good. And, I always have a glass of water near, no matter what else I might be drinking.

Changing the atty used can vary the flavor too.

I tend to drip the CM and keep something more generic like an RY4 in my tanks. That way, the CM is more like a treat. However, I do keep CM in one of my Genisis atties, as it has a different taste than anything else. The friend who first turned me on to VZ CM has always used a genny for it. =)

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your in a place it can be done, the end product from grilling chicken. beef, or pork will provide the tongue with cleansing to a degree. Use two pounds or less. Potato salad & beans please.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I grill more than bake. The grease falls into the pit & I don't have to clean up as much. T Bone & Hamburger are about the same price where I live. Mesquite & skill do the rest. A 1.5 " T Bone costs about 15.00 for two of them. 7.50 a pound. Pound of steak is a lot of meat.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes it is sir.. i end up switching to another flavor for a few days and then go back to it and it's usually fine - never lasts too long

I'm sure people will tell you some other things to try - i've seen hot sauce, or scraping your tongue as suggestions before
BRUSH yer tongue...

VU Sponsors