Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Drone Discontinued?

nellytron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys n gals, so I was getting some orders together to get myself into squonking. Amongst the orders (at Fasttech) was a Lost Vape Drone. My order now shows it as being discontinued.
Searching the web I'm now seeing it as out of stock or discontinued at plenty of other places.
I can possibly get one locally for a substantial amount more cash, which I'm hesitant to do without knowing why it's been discontinued so soon after release.......a refresh? Known issues with it? Etc etc.

Anybody have more info on what the issue may be?

I see there is a lack of dual battery regulated squonkers around. Not sure I want to go down the road of unregulated, just my preference, so anybody have suggestions of a drone replacement, or something in the pipeline? I've seen the Geekvape and the Kangertech, but they don't appeal to me unfortunately.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think they just made one run of them and decided not to make more, which is a shame because I absolutely love mine and, as you said, it's hard to find regulated 2x 18650 squonkers.
:(
Myfreedomsmokes still had them a few days ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Elegomall (china) has 9 lv drone left for $118+shipping. It comes with the lv maelstrom squonk rda. Use dhl shipping option +$15 for faster shipping. If it's your first order you can get a 10% coupon.
122615505847075b50861025eed20d2d.jpg
6542421383260b32a997fc01ca434ad3.jpg

nellytron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the replies. I'll take a look at that site, thanks Johnny.
Wondering whether to give mech mods a try, never used one before, so maybe a bit of reading up is in order.

Cheers.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like the looks of the gbox actually better than the drone and 100 watts on a dual battery mod should have some fabulous battery life. I don't vape over 50 watts and rarely use tc even on my G2 so I'm really looking hard at this mod.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i don't think it's discontinued. i say that cause elementvape just got a new shipment in. i did my review of the drone they sent and by the time i did it it was sold out and i was like umm you planning on getting more and they told me they just got a new stock in this week lol

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i don't think it's discontinued. i say that cause elementvape just got a new shipment in. i did my review of the drone they sent and by the time i did it it was sold out and i was like umm you planning on getting more and they told me they just got a new stock in this week lol
Well, that's good to know. I've been wanting one and it would suck if they discontinued it before I scrape the money together for one.

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It'll be back in a few days. Just have to keep watching the site or sign up to be notified. I'm thinkin the GBox S100 is what I''m wanting. With a couple of good 3000 mah batteries, just fill up the bottle and vape for hours! :)
I do have one. It's a nice box, the only four things I don't like about it:

1. The up and down buttons cannot be locked which is a big problem when it comes to the next con:
2. The placement of the squonk bottle is not as convenient as it seems. When you squonk, due to + and - buttons not being locked - you wattage gets changed because when trying to squeeze not the softest bottle you press + or - buttons with your palm.
3. The screen position cannot be flipped 180 degrees.
4. No upgradeable firmware since GBOX page doesn't even exist on GeekVape's website anymore so the issues 2 and 3 are never gonna be solved (solving issue 2 would automatically take care of the issue 1).

Plus, their 510 is press-fitted and while I haven't pulled it out yet it already turns along with the atty 10 degrees each way :D

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

1. The up and down buttons cannot be locked which is a big problem when it comes to the next con:
2. The placement of the squonk bottle is not as convenient as it seems. When you squonk, due to + and - buttons not being locked - you wattage gets changed because when trying to squeeze not the softest bottle you press + or - buttons with your palm.
4. No upgradeable firmware since GBOX page doesn't even exist on GeekVape's website anymore so the issues 2 and 3 are never gonna be solved (solving issue 2 would automatically take care of the issue 1).

Plus, their 510 is press-fitted and while I haven't pulled it out yet it already turns along with the atty 10 degrees each way :D

Wow. That doesn't sound good at all. After all the 510 trouble in recent months, you'd think Geekvape would know better than to press fit it.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice one @Rixsta, I'm on the fence with getting one myself, mostly due to the price tag.
Really looking forward to seeing your opinions on it.
Yeah they aren't cheap but Alex is a great guy, fortunately I live in the UK so postage isn't that much.
I love the Rebel Mods, way better than the boxer ones.
I do like the Drone but it's heavy, the dual 18650 Rebel squonker weighs 160g with batteries, makes sense to me....

I'll post some more when it arrives, he has a back log of orders atm.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I didn't "Like" your post to be an azz, I liked it for the info you provided, thank you. I was looking for a GBox, but I guess I'll wait for Geekvape to release their new squonk since the GBox is discontinued (per their e-mail response to my inquiry) or look at the Boxer 2x700 DNA75C being released.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah they aren't cheap but Alex is a great guy, fortunately I live in the UK so postage isn't that much.
I do like the Drone but it's heavy, the dual 18650 Rebel squonker weighs 160g with batteries, makes sense to me....

Any updates? Interested to hear your opinions.

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't "Like" your post to be an azz, I liked it for the info you provided, thank you. I was looking for a GBox, but I guess I'll wait for Geekvape to release their new squonk since the GBox is discontinued (per their e-mail response to my inquiry) or look at the Boxer 2x700 DNA75C being released.
If you have $130 to spend you might wanna consider this beast.. Great battery life and solid build. Have been running it for 2 weeks now. Have nothing to complain about.

7a6050b3ccc89377271e9d1142710d6f.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Nice mate been eyeing up that rebel squonker myself might be a Christmas jobby wait to see what your thoughts are on it

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm gonna see if I can't get @Jai Haze to review that one specifically. He's done reviews on other rebel mods just not specifically the squonker.

I actually want to see a head to head Rebel vs Drone.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm gonna see if I can't get @Jai Haze to review that one specifically. He's done reviews on other rebel mods just not specifically the squonker.

I actually want to see a head to head Rebel vs Drone.

He mentioned in one of his vids (the mech rebel or boxer squonker can't remember which) he was beta testing rebels new device but couldn't share details ...I have no doubt he'll drop a review on it soon

I will be saving for the rebel squonker for sure

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still not forgot but my Holiday has taken an unexpected turn.

I'll be back home soon though, sorry for the delay

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rebel DNA 167 Squonker

Great mod, very light, well built, can't fault it really..

Squonk bottle is about 6ml, wish it was a bit more

Not cheap but it is what it is

Is it the best dual 18650 squonker, I'd say so, if your going to get one though and you live in the US then I would suggest the Nano Black as it never fades, here in the UK, Alex said, if the blue fades, he will re dye it.. That shouldn't be for years though..

Max RDA it can fit is 28mm

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Rebel DNA 167 Squonker

Great mod, very light, well built, can't fault it really..

Squonk bottle is about 6ml, wish it was a bit more

Not cheap but it is what it is

Is it the best dual 18650 squonker, I'd say so, if your going to get one though and you live in the US then I would suggest the Nano Black as it never fades, here in the UK, Alex said, if the blue fades, he will re dye it.. That shouldn't be for years though..

Max RDA it can fit is 28mm
Does it suffer from door gap?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice looking mod! Looks like it could handle a taller bottle to give a couple more mls.

My Gbox I have is well built and you can tighten the nut when it gets lose on the 510 connection and to solve your up and down on wattage hold the +/- at the same time to lock settings. Takes a T6 screwdriver and I also replaced the squonk bottle with the pulse sqounk bottle and works even better so just depends if you want to tinker to make it super awesome or deal with awesome your choice lol. Stay calm and vape on!

VU Sponsors