Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Lyra Pod System Kit 1000mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground mem, In this review i take a look at the Lyra Pod System Kit 1000mAh from Lost Vape. The Lost Vape Lyra Pod System Kit that this review is based on was provided free of charge by Pearl from Cigabuy but i tested 3 devices in total also receiving devices from Lost Vape.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-lost-v...15377.html

https://lostvape.com/product-item/lyra/

Introduction

Lost Vape are best known for their devices accommodating the latest DNA chipsets but have also in recent times been eyeing up potential market ground at a lower price point. We have seen the Modefined range of devices and here we have the Lyra the second device in the Quest range. Despite the mentioned ranges being at a lower price point Lost Vape haven't lowered their build quality and the Lyra is no exception and in my opinion is aesthetically stunning in both colourful and Leather finishes. The pods for the device allow for the coils to be replaced and has a unique filling method and their is both a MTL and DL coil included. The device has a physical fire button, different power settings, a large battery and battery status indication, lets give it a look.

Background

I originally received the Lyra from Lost Vape many weeks ago now and while liking the functionality of the device was not impressed with the coils. After only a short usage period They struggled to wick even with 50/50 liquid making the longevity of the coils unacceptable, i also found both coils gave a very cold vape and while i found the 0.6ohm mesh DL coil gave very decent flavour when fresh the flavour of the 1.2ohm regular coil was below average.
Lost Vape told me they were aware their was issues with the coils and had already improved them and sent out both a second device and spare coils for me to do further testing. You will find out in the review how the coils now perform (not perfect but much better especially the MTL coil) but was offered the device by Cigabuy to review so thought it was a great opportunity to test the retail device to make sure the coils match the improved coils that were sent more recently by Lost Vape and not the very poor performing original coils.
Indeed the coils that came with the retail device performed as the resent coils did so it does seem Lost Vape have resolved the problem so the rest of this review will be for the retail version sent by Cigabuy.

In The Box

Contents:

1×Lyra device
1×0.6Ω mesh coil for DL vaping
1×1.2Ω regular coil for MTL vaping
1×USB cable
1×Warranty card
1×User Manual
1×Lyra Lanyard

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Lyra came in the usual cardboard packaging and is a very aesthetically pleasing device. I received the Silver frame with leather panels (real leather), the device comes with either Silver, Rainbow, Blue, Black or Green frames which i believe are Zinc Alloy and all frame versions have the option of colourful design or Leather panels. The front of the device has a protruding, round, Silver fire button with translucent surround for LED indications, then at the bottom we have "LOST VAPE" embossed into the leather, the reverse Leather panel has "LYRA" embossed into it again at the bottom. Both sides have a large hole toward the top to allow air to the pod and at the bottom we have sets of slots for battery venting, one side also has a small hole with threading to be able to screw the included lanyard attachment into the device. The tinted pod is on full show as it just clips into the top open frame and both front and back tapers to be comfortable in the mouth. Moving to the base we have stamped branding and safety marks and also the micro USB port. The device is a nice portable size and weight and has a comparison is very similar in shape and size to the Nord.

Lyra Specs:

Size: 96.3mm by 30.8mm by 15.8mm
Frame: Metal
Pod: PCTG
Battery: Built-in 1000mAh Battery
Maximum Wattage Output: 20W
E-juice capacity: 2mL
Coil: Lyra mesh 0.6ohm coil(max: 20W), Lyra 1.2ohm regular MTL coil(max: 10W)
Replaceable coils: Yes
Protections: Short-Circuit/ Weak Battery/ Temperature /Low/High Resistance Protections

Features:

1. Mini compact design, with one fire button
2. Built-In 1000mAh Battery
3. Smart improvement for installing or taking off the pods, easy to fill
4. Advance Lyra mesh coils series
5. Intelligent Battery Life Indicator
6. Multiple Protections
7. Supports USB charging

Colours: Green Peacock, Silver Fantasy, Rainbow Vortex, Black Lava, Blue Ripple, Green Leather, Silver Leather, Rainbow Leather, Black Leather, Blue Leather

The Pods

A lot of thought has gone into the pods and the top fill system. The pods hold 2ml of liquid so are TPD compliant and the base is metallic while the rest of the pod is the usual PCTG, the pod is tinted but lightly so there is no issues seeing your liquid level. The metallic base of the pod has the positive contact central which is surrounded by Peek which in turn has the negative circular surround. On both sides of the pod we have clips that can be pushed inwards, with these clips pushed in the mouthpiece section of the pod pulls off revealing the knurled top section of the coil and the filling ports which have silicone plugs. The fill ports are massive for a pod like system and having both open (so air can easily escape from one while filling using the other) i found it to be a mess free quick experience with all sort of nozzles, good job! It also is quite clever how we get the seal at the top of the coil but i will cover that in the next section. Once the pod has been filled the mouth section clips back on to the main section of the pod with a satisfying secure click, it's a really good filling system.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

The coils

Pre-installed is the mesh 0.6ohm DL coil and you also receive a 1.2ohm MTL regular coil, the resistance is marked on the coils but not the material. The coil heads are very long as they include a chimney so it's hard to see the wire and not really possible to prime down the centre of the coil as it sits just in the bottom section. The top of the coil heads have a heavily knurled section which give good grip when screwing the coils in and out of the pod so no issues there. The heavily knurled sections are spring loaded and until the top section of the pod is fitted surround the chimney which is part of the coil like a sleeve, when the top of the pod is put in place the knurled section is forced downwards allowing the o-ring at the top of the chimney to make a really good seal, very clever!
One of the biggest cons i have for the Lyra is that the pods need to be empty when changing coils else e-liquid goes everywhere, i have seen reviews where they say if you tilt the pod first but smiled to myself that they don't demonstrate the theory.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the bay at the top of the device we have a central, Gold plated, spring loaded contact with Gold plated, spring loaded negative contacts either side, we can also see 2 large screw heads (one either side). On the two upright outer side sections we can see at the bottom of both a hole to allow air to the pod and towards the top an indented slot both sides for the clips on the pod to catch. The pod uses the same clips that release the mouthpiece section of the pod to clip the pod securely into the device, it's a very secure fit.

Using The Lyra

The device is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off with both actions being confirmed with 5 flashes of the fire buttons surround. The Lyra is fired by pressing the fire button and is not draw activated, when pressing the fire button the battery status is indicated by what colour the surround lights.

Green = 65-100%
Blue = 15-65%
Red = 0-15%

I personally found the middle stage covers far too much of a percentage range and a four stage or better still 5 stages of indication would be much better.

You can also adjust the power output as the device as 3 power levels that are different for each of the coils. To change the power level you need to click the fire button 3 times quickly and the surround of the fire button lights up the colour which corresponds to the level for 1 second, each 3 clicks takes you to the next level. The different power levels are:

0.6ohm Coil

Red = 3.1V / 16W
Blue = 3.3V / 18W
Green = 3.5V / 20W

1.2ohm Coil

Red = 3.3V / 9W
Blue = 3.45V / 10W
Green = 3.65V / 11W

When charging the device the surround of the fire button pulses and it takes about 1.5 hours to charge which is a bit sluggish and even more of a pain as the device doesn't support pass-through.

My Experience Using The Lyra

The experience i found with both the Lost Vape replacement and the retail device was far better than the original sample i was sent. Both coils wick far better and longevity of both coils are about average compared to other similar coils. After saying that they don't like thicker juices and i would recommend 50/50 with the 1.2ohm coil and no higher than 60%VG with the 0.6ohm Coil. Apart from better wicking and longevity i found the 0.6ohm coil to perform the same, good flavour but still a very cool vape, it just feels it needs more wattage or the capability to adjust airflow to get a bit more warmth in the vape. The 0.6ohm coil gives a restricted DL vape but not much restriction as there is plenty of airflow, i couldn't use this coil MTL style there was just too much air. The 1.2ohm coil is much improved, like the 0.6ohm coil as long as you stick to 50/50 juice it wicks fine and i found the flavour is far better than the original coil i received, in fact in my opinion it now has the edge over the 0.6ohm coil when it comes to flavour. Also the 1.2ohm coil gives a warmer vape than the 0.6ohm coil although it still gives too much air and although you can MTL using this coil it's a very loose draw, the airflow with both coils is very smooth. I do like the power levels although you only really get the voltage for the setting while the battery can give it as they are not constant output settings because the device doesn't boost voltage. This means drop off in power is noticed but only towards the end of the battery life and more so with the 0.6ohm coil, i found i used the device on the highest setting with both coils and while this suited the 1.2ohm coil like i have already mentioned i felt the 0.6ohm coil needs more power. I do like the top-fill method on the pod and being able to replace the coils is a big pro, seeing your juice level is no problem and the pods fit in the device very securely. Battery life is very good and the device has battery status indication although i feel this could be done much better.

Conclusion

It's not a bad device but a frustrating device with unfulfilled potential, add adjustable airflow, more comprehensive battery status indication and type C USB with quicker charging and this would be as good as it looks, let's hope there is a version 2.

Excellent build quality
Aesthetically stunning (subjective)
Plenty of colour/design options
Real leather used on leather panel options
Portable
Replaceable coils
MTL and DL coil supplied
Both coils good flavour
Smooth airflow
Coils decent longevity
Excellent top-fill method
Spring loaded system for sealing chimney
Pod fits securely
Clearly see juice level
3 power levels for each coil
Battery status indication (acceptable but could be better)
Very good battery life

Cons

MTL coil very loose draw (may suit some people)
DL coil very cool vape
Coils would benefit from adjustable airflow
Drop off in power as battery discharges
Can't change coils with e-liquid in pod
Can't use thicker e-liquids
Takes 1.5 hours to charge and doesn't support pass-through

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Lost Vape Lyra Pod System Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-lost-v...15377.html

VU Sponsors