Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Therion 166 (DNA250)

Christos_Tz

Member For 2 Years
Thank you very much Steve!!!Iam in LOVE..so beautifull solid device!!Lost Vape is killing it with these Mods!!!It worths every god damn Dollar&Euro!!!Have a Nice Day Outhere Steve!Cheers!

So, how hard is Escribe to navigate? I won't need to do anything complicated. I don't really use temp control. I like what I've read about being able to "program" what batteries I'm using and settings for said batteries.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, how hard is Escribe to navigate? I won't need to do anything complicated. I don't really use temp control. I like what I've read about being able to "program" what batteries I'm using and settings for said batteries.
I don't think it's hard, but I've been using Escribe for awhile now. I posted my Ecig file that's set up for Samsung 30Q's. If you have any problems, I'll be happy to help.
Link to my Therion 166, Triade250, VT133, Lavabox M DNA 75, and VF133 ECIG Files

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forget Escribe for now. I can't even figure out how to switch the damned thing from temp mode to power mode. Help?
Press the Up and Down buttons until you see Temp Lock. Then press either button twice to scroll through the profiles, once you get to the one you want, press the fire button to select it.

Edit: Profile #5 is Power Ctrl. If you load my Ecig file, each Profile has custom screens that come up that are clearly marked what they are like this:

316.png 430.png PM.png

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy Birthday to me :D. Here's a couple of pics of one of my presents. No matter how hard I tried the Red isn't as dark as it is to the eye. I've never had so much trouble getting the color to come out right before. Maybe natural light will be better. It's really a nice dark shade of Red to my eyes.

IMG_20170310_110639_zpsce3awogw.jpg

IMG_20170310_110715_zpscfmmaoj7.jpg

This was the closest picture to the actual color
IMG_20170310_114301_zpsi0ijpgar.jpg
IMG_20170310_114327_zpsuyslbecn.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy Bday Steve. All the best today. Btw thanks for telling me to buy Clapton wire from Lightning Vapes. Got two spools today and love it. Def a difference from the GeekVape and UD wire I was using.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy Bday Steve. All the best today. Btw thanks for telling me to buy Clapton wire from Lightning Vapes. Got two spools today and love it. Def a difference from the GeekVape and UD wire I was using.
Happy Birthday Steve!!And Thank you very much for your help in everything for the Therion!!
Thanks for the Birthday wishes and I'm glad you like the Clapton wire and Therion. :)

Cheers,
Steve

Here's a couple of natural light pics
IMG_20170311_153545_zpsug7dfhtj.jpg
IMG_20170311_153548_zpsvwehilvw.jpg
IMG_20170311_153526_zpsknj0zul9.jpg
IMG_20170311_153527_zpsfshlt0a6.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Everyone! Been reading the forums for a little while now and wanted to start by giving a huge shout out and thank you to everyone who has taken their time to share their knowledge, experience, reviews, etc. Relatively new to vaping so I've been trying to learn as much as possible from all of the great posts - especially information on hardware so I'm getting equipment that will keep me vaping happily. Examples - Hometech G2 and most recently Therion 166 - first DNA.

Steve - happy belated BDay! I'd really love to try your Therion 166 settings but I'm having issues with the pdf file on my system. Is there anyway to get the ecig file? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again everyone and have a great day!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Everyone! Been reading the forums for a little while now and wanted to start by giving a huge shout out and thank you to everyone who has taken their time to share their knowledge, experience, reviews, etc. Relatively new to vaping so I've been trying to learn as much as possible from all of the great posts - especially information on hardware so I'm getting equipment that will keep me vaping happily. Examples - Hometech G2 and most recently Therion 166 - first DNA.

Steve - happy belated BDay! I'd really love to try your Therion 166 settings but I'm having issues with the pdf file on my system. Is there anyway to get the ecig file? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again everyone and have a great day!
If you send me your E-Mail address via a PM, I'll be happy to E-Mail you the Ecig file.

PS Thanks for the Bday wishes.

Cheers,
Steve

If you send me your E-Mail address via a PM, I'll be happy to E-Mail you the Ecig file.

PS Thanks for the Bday wishes.

Cheers,
Steve
Just had the chance to load Steve's Ecig file and..... WOW! What a difference. Really enjoying the Therion in temp control. I'm beginning to understand the hype. Awesome job, Steve, and thanks again for sharing your wisdom with the vape noobs! Now I just need to resist shiny-itis - really digging the grey rat/bush viper versions. Have a good day!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just had the chance to load Steve's Ecig file and..... WOW! What a difference. Really enjoying the Therion in temp control. I'm beginning to understand the hype. Awesome job, Steve, and thanks again for sharing your wisdom with the vape noobs! Now I just need to resist shiny-itis - really digging the grey rat/bush viper versions. Have a good day!
You're welcome and I'm glad you like the Ecig file. It really is a great mod imo.

Cheers,
Steve

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Famous last words - I'm done buying stuff. I've said that myself more than once and meant it. It held up until I saw something else I liked and bought it :giggle:.

PS I'm glad you like the file. Thanks for the kind words!

Cheers,
Steve
LoL. I just think about how much money I've saved over the last 3 years not smoking. At least $60×156=$9360 and say fuck it.
Vape On

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LoL. I just think about how much money I've saved over the last 3 years not smoking. At least $60×156=$9360 and say fuck it.
Vape On

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.
That's exactly the way I look at it myself. I haven't smoked for almost 5 years now, build my own coils, and make my own juice. I'm way ahead of the game money wise. Not only that, but I feel better as well. :bingo:

Cheers,
Steve

Christos_Tz

Member For 2 Years
Vape On

We all saved money from smoking all these years..but now the laws at least here in Greece started to fucked the prices in e liquids..The vape shops started to fuck up the prices in e liquids too.....example(for 10ml of liquid they are asking 8 and 9 euros....and the nicotine levels are at least 6mg...and in DIY bases the same story too..only 10ml of base in small bottles...if they gonna behave like that and try to steel us i think that many vape stores gonna close becauce lot of us are buying from ouside countries.....iam not supporting greek shops(yes i know..thats not honnors me.....)...but its my pocket..my money..and i dont like to steal me everytime that i need e liquids..the same story with the Therion that i bought from Gearbest...It had it 136 euros and in Greek vape stores almost 200 euros.....i say no to my countrie's vape stores and i dont care at all if they do bussiness or close finally...they are thieves.....

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy B day Steve!
Where the heck did you find the red one??? Been looking for one in stock for the last week...
Maybe I'll wait for the 20700 version;)

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy B day Steve!
Where the heck did you find the red one??? Been looking for one in stock for the last week...
Maybe I'll wait for the 20700 version;)
Thanks for the Birthday wises, I appreciate that!

It's also at WNY Vapes (Buffalo area). I have a refer a friend link that gives you 10% off your first purchase. The Snakeskin Therions are $126 shipped via Priority mail with the link. If you need it, shoot me a PM. They are a great place to do business with, fast shipping, excellent CS, and a phone number that they actually answer.

PS They have all 6 different Snakeskin Therions in stock.

image_1024x1024.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is where I got mine because I was tired of waiting on wny vapes to get theirs in lol. Price works out to the same at either place with a coupon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are both very good places to shop imo. I like WNY because they really ship fast and I like talking to them. Very nice, friendly people to deal with. I ordered the Bush Viper on Wednesday around noon and received it on Friday. :bingo:.

Cheers,
Steve

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are both very good places to shop imo. I like WNY because they really ship fast and I like talking to them. Very nice, friendly people to deal with. I ordered the Bush Viper on Wednesday around noon and received it on Friday. :bingo:.

Cheers,
Steve

My freedom smokes was the same, ordered on Friday and had it by lunch time Monday

DetroitVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Long time lurker. First time posting. I can attest for WNYVAPES shipping. I was put in contact with them through wingsfan on Friday for the purchase of the Bush Viper version and received confirmation that it's in my state waiting to arrive at my home tomorrow. That's damn good and fast shipping imo seeing as how most companies don't ship on the weekend. Again thanks to Wingsfan and all of you guys who contribute to this forum. Y'all helped me pick out what I know is gonna be a bad ass mod.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Long time lurker. First time posting. I can attest for WNYVAPES shipping. I was put in contact with them through wingsfan on Friday for the purchase of the Bush Viper version and received confirmation that it's in my state waiting to arrive at my home tomorrow. That's damn good and fast shipping imo seeing as how most companies don't ship on the weekend. Again thanks to Wingsfan and all of you guys who contribute to this forum. Y'all helped me pick out what I know is gonna be a bad ass mod.

Enjoy it, I LOVE mine and am glad this group talked me into getting one

DetroitVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Enjoy it, I LOVE mine and am glad this group talked me into getting one

Yea for the longest I battled with the cost and talking myself into getting it lol but the support I've seen for the mod alone swayed me. Plus it's my 1 year cig free anniversary gift to myself so I HAD to

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea for the longest I battled with the cost and talking myself into getting it lol but the support I've seen for the mod alone swayed me. Plus it's my 1 year cig free anniversary gift to myself so I HAD to

Congrats on the 1 year anniversary :slowclap:. I really think you going to like the mod. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of very friendly and helpful people here.:cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the Birthday wises, I appreciate that!

It's also at WNY Vapes (Buffalo area). I have a refer a friend link that gives you 10% off your first purchase. The Snakeskin Therions are $126 shipped via Priority mail with the link. If you need it, shoot me a PM. They are a great place to do business with, fast shipping, excellent CS, and a phone number that they actually answer.

PS They have all 6 different Snakeskin Therions in stock.

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks Steve.... my wife's going to kill me.....
Last question, how's the black holding up?
I'll shoot you a PM.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Steve.... my wife's going to kill me.....
Last question, how's the black holding up?
I'll shoot you a PM.
PM sent. I have three of the Black Therions and the Black is holding up Great. All three of mine are perfect so far and I take them out everywhere I go (I'm not beating them up, but I'm not babying them either). They are basically the only mods I'm using now. I really like the mod!

Cheers,
Steve

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apologies for being a bit off topic and general, but what do people have their battery soft and hard cutoffs set to?Just wondering what is generally considered safe and effective for these 18650 batteries, to balance out battery care with between charge use.

Hi folks,

Just got my DNA166 today, absolutely love it. I've moved from an SX Mini M Class and, even though that was a single cell battery, it was made of steel and the Therion weighs less but holds two cells! Very happy indeed.

I have a quick question to Steve if I may, I've grabbed your ecig profile for the Therion (thanks very much mate, loads of effort gone into that I see) and got it all running through eScribe (first time I've used it, pretty cool to have such customisation!). I'm using a Uwell Crown with ss coils (the much debated "can they be used in temp control even though they've got nickel legs etc.") but they're working fine using the 316L-SS profile, however I'm not getting much of a throat hit. In your expert opinion, what would be the best way to enhance the throat hit? Is this something I can adjust in eScribe? I don't want to go tinkering too much with the options and end up cooking a coil, so being that you're clearly experienced here I was wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction? Getting plenty of vapor, just not a satisfying hit as I take it straight to lung.

I got the cracked brown cover with the carbon inlay on black frame... waiting for the black elephant to come in the post to really match it up (they only had cracked brown in stock at time of order). If anyone has a carbon battery cover they don't want please PM me!!

Cheers,

Sarge

I've just been running the device monitor and can see that I hit temperature limit of 400F within about a second of hitting the fire button... on the NI200 coils on the SX Mini it would take much longer to reach that, so potentially is there a problem with the power/resistance? It's reading the correct resistance of the coils on the Therion (.25) - is it just SS reacts that much quicker?

Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers,

Sarge

I should've tried this before posting and making myself look both silly and mental having questioned and responded to myself... I've switched to the SS304 profile and now get a much more satisfying vape... Here's a pic of mine just for anyone wanting to get an idea of what it looks like in the color combination I have...
20170313_142636-min.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should've tried this before posting and making myself look both silly and mental having questioned and responded to myself... I've switched to the SS304 profile and now get a much more satisfying vape... Here's a pic of mine just for anyone wanting to get an idea of what it looks like in the color combination I have...
View attachment 76740
I just saw your posts and using the SS304 profile is exactly what I would have suggested. The reason being that Nickel has a higher TCR than SS316. Since the legs are rumored to be NI200, that would increase the TCR. SS304 has a higher TCR than SS316 so that seems to solve the issue. I'm glad you are enjoying the mod. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apologies for being a bit off topic and general, but what do people have their battery soft and hard cutoffs set to?Just wondering what is generally considered safe and effective for these 18650 batteries, to balance out battery care with between charge use.
The hard cutoff is set by Evolv. We can set the Soft Cutoff (Cell Soft Cutoff). I'm not positive what Evolv sets the hard cutoff at, but I think it's 2.75v. I st mine at either 2.75v or 2.8v. I think I've tried both.

I use that because 18650's are tested down to 2.5v by the manufacturers so it's safe. That voltage is under load so it will bounce back up a little during rest. If I still have power left in my cells, I don't want my mod shutting down while I'm out and about (especially if I don't have a spare set on hand). Lastly, I can change them before I get the weak battery message if I want to, but if I set it too high, I don't have the option of using it if need be.

PS I set my Soft Cell Cutoff to 3.09v for my 3s Lipo DNA mods. The above is pertaining to my 18650 DNA mods.

Cheers,
Steve

I just saw your posts and using the SS304 profile is exactly what I would have suggested. The reason being that Nickel has a higher TCR than SS316. Since the legs are rumored to be NI200, that would increase the TCR. SS304 has a higher TCR than SS316 so that seems to solve the issue. I'm glad you are enjoying the mod. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for all your input Steve, very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sarge

One question Steve - the battery profile you have setup for the Samsung 30Q - are these the 3000 mAh 18650s? Just want to make sure I'm buying the right ones before I snag four of them!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One question Steve - the battery profile you have setup for the Samsung 30Q - are these the 3000 mAh 18650s? Just want to make sure I'm buying the right ones before I snag four of them!
Yes, those are the 3000mah 18650's. I really like those cells. I also have LG HG2's and Samsung 25R's but my favorites are the 30Q's.

If you have other cells, I might have the CSV file for them and could set up an Ecig file for you. I have quite a few different CSV files. Let me know. I can also walk you through how to change it if you are interested.

Cheers,
Steve

Yes, those are the 3000mah 18650's. I really like those cells. I also have LG HG2's and Samsung 25R's but my favorites are the 30Q's.

If you have other cells, I might have the CSV file for them and could set up an Ecig file for you. I have quite a few different CSV files. Let me know. I can also walk you through how to change it if you are interested.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks mate, I've just ordered 4 of them so I should be all set, the other two I have are AW IMR 18650 3.7V 3000mAh and then another set that I'm about to bin. Should I PM you for more detail? I'd like to know just as I'm new to eScribe and interested in what else I can do here.

Many thanks,
Sarge

VU Sponsors