Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Therion 166 (DNA250)

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried the ss430 and didn't care for the single wire coils... nothing wrong with the wire just my vape style. Going to clapton some up with 36awg ss316 wrap in the next few days and hit it again.

zoolander3003

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got mine the other day and loving it. Glad I stumbled upon this thread @Wingsfan0310 and everyone's comments have been super helpful.
:bliss:

IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG

For those who have the red ostrich cover, how does the texture and material feel on the fingers? It looks like it would be great for grip which is what I like about my elephant. Hopefully pics of it make it NOT look a bit more "pink" than it really is .. don't think there's another color version, right?

Edit: bold

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine the other day and loving it. Glad I stumbled upon this thread @Wingsfan0310 and everyone's comments have been super helpful.
:bliss:

View attachment 78407
View attachment 78408

For those who have the red ostrich cover, how does the texture and material feel on the fingers? It looks like it would be great for grip which is what I like about my elephant. Hopefully pics of it make it NOT look a bit more "pink" than it really is .. don't think there's another color version, right?

Edit: bold
Looking good. I like my Ostrich doors (I have both Purple and Red - it also comes in Grey), the texture is good and they seem more durable than the regular leather (my Ostrich doors seem to look the same today as the day I bought them)

(L to R) Purple Ostrich, Red Ostrich, Grey Ostrich, Elephant, Cracked Brown, Smokey Brown, Brown, Yellow, Pearl Coffee, Red
IMG_6986_1024x1024.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried the ss430 and didn't care for the single wire coils... nothing wrong with the wire just my vape style. Going to clapton some up with 36awg ss316 wrap in the next few days and hit it again.
If 28ga is too small/thin, you could also cut off say, an 8 - 10 foot length of wire. Attach the 2 ends to and electric drill chuck and loop the middle through a hook and slowly fire the drill until you get it twisted to your desired tightness. I've done it before with decent results, but I actually like the single 28ga.

Cheers,
Steve

zoolander3003

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking good. I like my Ostrich doors (I have both Purple and Red - it also comes in Grey), the texture is good and they seem more durable than the regular leather (my Ostrich doors seem to look the same today as the day I bought them)

(L to R) Purple Ostrich, Red Ostrich,
Awesome, thx. Gonna have to snag the red .. nice contrast against black frame ;)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome, thx. Gonna have to snag the red .. nice contrast against black frame ;)
The Red is more of a Brownish Red imo (no Pink whatsoever in mine). Here's a couple of not so great pics. Mine has the lighter frame (bought before the Black Frame doors were released). I also have some better pics of the Purple and Red Ostrich covers in the Triade thread (they are the same, just for the Triade). Give me a second and I'll edit the post with the link.
IMG_20170111_111746_zpsxkcd0l47.jpg
IMG_20170111_111701_zpsa2vwlsmz.jpg

Here's some pics

L to R: Purple Ostrich, Red Ostrich, Pearl Coffee, Red Leather
IMG_20161112_153308_zpsq9kxdudm.jpg

The two new covers (L to R) Red Ostrich, Pearl Coffee
IMG_20161112_153233_zps5csgx84n.jpg

L to R: Red Ostrich, Purple Ostrich
IMG_20161112_153002_zpswrojav17.jpg

L to R: Pearl Coffee (this pic probably shows more of it's true color), Red Ostrich
IMG_20161112_152850_zpsjns3bx22.jpg

And the link to the thread:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/lost-vape-triade-dna250.280880/page-6

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

TH3JUICEMAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Need some assistance.

Vaping in tc with dual ss316 coils at 65 watts/425 degrees. When I hit it it says on the screen "off" when I hit the fire button. Double checked and I'm still in tc mode (ss326L).

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need some assistance.

Vaping in tc with dual ss316 coils at 65 watts/425 degrees. When I hit it it says on the screen "off" when I hit the fire button. Double checked and I'm still in tc mode (ss326L).
The only time I see off is if I scroll past 600F, then OFF comes on the display. Are you using my Ecig file? If not, make sure off isn't selected in the wire profile on Escribe. One other thing to check is to see if the resistance is stable in the Atomizer Analyzer of Escribe (both these things are on the General Tab). I would also check to make sure the connections are clean (510 on the mod and atty) and that the grub screws are tight. Also make sure neither one of the coils are shorting against the atty.

.upload_2017-4-1_13-44-9.png

zoolander3003

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only time I see off is if I scroll past 600F, then OFF comes on the display. Are you using my Ecig file? If not, make sure off isn't selected in the wire profile on Escribe. One other thing to check is to see if the resistance is stable in the Atomizer Analyzer of Escribe (both these things are on the General Tab). I would also check to make sure the connections are clean (510 on the mod and atty) and that the grub screws are tight. Also make sure neither one of the coils are shorting against the atty.

.View attachment 78418
I don't have that "Atomizer Analyzer" button or the "Mod" tab on the top and just downloaded Escribe yesterday, then loaded your file .. hmm. Also, I just picked up some 28 & 26ga Ni200 and will be my first time working with it (ss316 only so far). I'll do some research before I wrap tonight or tomorrow but any quick, general tips would be appreciated. I can't do anything more elaborate than twisted lol. -Thx

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have that "Atomizer Analyzer" button or the "Mod" tab on the top and just downloaded Escribe yesterday, then loaded your file .. hmm. Also, I just picked up some 28 & 26ga Ni200 and will be my first time working with it (ss316 only so far). I'll do some research before I wrap tonight or tomorrow but any quick, general tips would be appreciated. I can't do anything more elaborate than twisted lol. -Thx
You have to go to the top in escribe where they have the drop down menus. Go to Options, then user interface and select manufactorer settings. That will give you the extra tabs....

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Nevweezy explained how to get the mod tab already. The Atomizer Analyzer is at the very bottom of the General Tab. The picture I shared was from the General Tab of Escribe.

As for Ni200, I use to use it when I first started TC. It's very malleable (soft metal). It works good in TC (highest TCR of all TC wires). I never dry burned mine so I think it's very important to make spaced coils to avoid problems. Also in dual coils attys you will find the resistance will be very low. I use to have a hard time getting it high enough with 26ga in dual coil setups. I'd use the 28ga as it has a higher resistance per length of wire. That's all I can think of for now.

PS I highly recommend SS430 from Unkamen for TC, I think it works better than most SS316L because it has about a 50% higher TCR. It can still be dry-burned to clean and check for hot-spots as well.
https://www.creatingunkamen.com/col...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

PSS Temco is a good place to get SS316L but I hear they are back-ordered. It's good quality wire from the USA
https://www.temcoindustrial.com/shop/wire-cable-accessories/non-resistance-wire.html

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

zoolander3003

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Free shipping too....
"Shop now for Free Shipping this week with this coupon code: UnkamenShipFree
No minimums, no restrictions....just free shipping!"
Just got it in an email today not sure how long it is for.
@Nevweezy

PS I highly recommend SS430 from Unkamen for TC, I think it works better than most SS316L because it has about a 50% higher TCR. It can still be dry-burned to clean and check for hot-spots as well.
https://www.creatingunkamen.com/col...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

Cheers,
Steve

Ordered. Code still works, thx guys :wave:

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TCR of the metal doesn't change, no matter the gauge, amount of wires, etc. The TCR is the TCR. What will change is the amount of power required to get you to the set temp though. More metal mass will require more power.

I'm not sure how Smoke does TC, but the DNA's use the actual TCR - like .00088 for SS316. I've seen people use anything from that up to .00094. With SS being an Alloy, a slight change in the mixture will change the TCR. Personally, unless the wires TCR is way off, I leave the TCR alone and adjust the temperature if I want a hotter or cooler vape. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit What I'm saying is the TCR you are using for SS316 is .00105 (which is quite a bit higher than what Steam Engine says it is) and running it at a higher temp, then I'm not surprised it's giving you dry or really hot hits.

I use the curve for SS316L from Steam Engine which is based off of a TCR of .00088. I set my temp to 420F and I get a nice vape (I don't like a really warm vape).

In TC:
The temperature you set controls how hot or cold your vape is.
The wattage and preheat controls how fast you get to the set temp (ramp-up time).

Notes:
1. Like I said, I'm not sure how Smok does TC. It may be that you need a higher TCR to get to the same place that you do on a DNA.
2. A TCR of .00105 would be higher than that of SS304. Not all SS316L is created equally.
3. Dry Hits are usually caused by your wicking not being able to keep up. It's also caused by running out of juice :giggle:

Thanks, This is very, very helpful. =)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered the Bush Snake from GB a few hours ago. I looked around and saw Wny's site before pulling the trigger at GB, but I couldn't find a discount code or anything, and then came to this thread to look for pics after I ordered to see what the mod actually looked like in owners hands, and then seen the referral code for 10% off at Wny. Anyone know if the referral code still works? Might cancel the long wait to satisfy my semi instant gratification urges and deal with a US seller since they would be the same price.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered the Bush Snake from GB a few hours ago. I looked around and saw Wny's site before pulling the trigger at GB, but I couldn't find a discount code or anything, and then came to this thread to look for pics after I ordered to see what the mod actually looked like in owners hands, and then seen the referral code for 10% off at Wny. Anyone know if the referral code still works? Might cancel the long wait to satisfy my semi instant gratification urges and deal with a US seller since they would be the same price.
I had someone use it on Friday and it worked just fine. If you want, I can send it to you. It comes out to $126 shipped via Priority Mail. They are in the Buffalo, NY area.. If you order before noon or so (Monday-Friday), they usually ship the same day (at least that's been my experience).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: I PM'd it to you. Not only will it be much faster but on the off chance you have a problem, they have great CS, are in the USA, and have a phone number they actually answer (what a concept). :cheers:

Last edited:

zoolander3003

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone. Really digging the therion and getting more comfortable with escribe. So smooth in temp with SS but I'm still trying to get the "punch/kick" I can in power mode for a quick draw. Think my smaller attys might be more suited for it. Any good tutorials/articles on using/interpreting the device monitor live graph? - Thanks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone. Really digging the therion and getting more comfortable with escribe. So smooth in temp with SS but I'm still trying to get the "punch/kick" I can in power mode for a quick draw. Think my smaller attys might be more suited for it. Any good tutorials/articles on using/interpreting the device monitor live graph? - Thanks
If you want more of a punch, turn the Preheat up and set the punch to 11. As for an article about interpreting the device monitor, I don't have one atm. If you post a shot of yours, I'll take a look and tell you what I see.

upload_2017-4-11_10-37-49.png

Cheers,
Steve

zoolander3003

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want more of a punch, turn the Preheat up and set the punch to 11. As for an article about interpreting the device monitor, I don't have one atm. If you post a shot of yours, I'll take a look and tell you what I see.

View attachment 79321

Cheers,
Steve
Yea, I've played around with those quite a bit, but still can't get the "umph" I'm looking for. I found sometimes less is more in those power/punch fields depending on other settings. That crackling, popping, hissing sound when you know the coil, wick, and liquid is hard at work might be a better way to describe. I can get to my desired temp just fine for a cool-warm vape and the ramp up time it ok too. I'll try to post a shot or two tonight after work.

Christos_Tz

Member For 2 Years
Woooow..this bad boy Peerless brings a lot of vapor and some decent flavor for 20 Euros....iam waiting some Geekvape Fused Clapton Coils from Gearbest to rebuilt it like it must be....now just with dual SS 316L simple microcoils 0.46 Ohms in 40Watt..and Clouds..Clouds...Clouds....my mother told me that he will banned me fron the house..hahaha...
The blue plastic down in the 510 is to protect the SS from scratching the mod...anybody to know where can i find these plastics in 24mm that goes underneath the base of the atomizersto protect the mod from scratches?In black or transparent color...this blue is looking stupid...but what the hell protects my ss 510 surface of the mod...

Attachments

• IMG_20170411_173857.jpg
    IMG_20170411_173857.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

zoolander3003

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

View attachment 79321

Cheers,
Steve
This is a single coil (3mm twisted) in an avocado. A little higher ohms than my usual preference. Increasing punch and pre heat power from here hampers the draw. The end result is fine .. nice cloud, good flavor, heat, length?, ect. Just can't "feel" it in the back of my throat in the begging like I would my TFV8/factory coil on power mode. Can feel the vape from begging to end and it's usually quicker .. not nearly as smooth though ;) edit: can't spell beginning
SS Profile.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a single coil (3mm twisted) in an avocado. A little higher ohms than my usual preference. Increasing punch and pre heat power from here hampers the draw. The end result is fine .. nice cloud, good flavor, heat, length?, ect. Just can't "feel" it in the back of my throat in the begging like I would my TFV8/factory coil on power mode. Can feel the vape from begging to end and it's usually quicker .. not nearly as smooth though ;) edit: can't spell beginning
View attachment 79365
It looks like you are getting to your set temperature quickly. If you thought the vape was too cool, I'd say turn up the temperature.

As for the pop or sizzle. I would say my Claptons give me more of that effect. I'd also say certain juices seem to produce that more than others. The TFV8 is probably multiple coils, a different type of setup altogether. I know that's not much help, but it's all I have.

Cheers,
Steve

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had someone use it on Friday and it worked just fine. If you want, I can send it to you. It comes out to $126 shipped via Priority Mail. They are in the Buffalo, NY area.. If you order before noon or so (Monday-Friday), they usually ship the same day (at least that's been my experience).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: I PM'd it to you. Not only will it be much faster but on the off chance you have a problem, they have great CS, are in the USA, and have a phone number they actually answer (what a concept). :cheers:
Thanks Steve. It all went off without a hitch. Cancelled the slow boat Bush Viper that I wouldn't of seen for at least a month since they said it wouldn't ship until 4/24, and ordered the Grey Rattlesnake (can't call it grey rat) from Wny. I imagine I will see it shortly. Hopefully by Sat, but Monday will be good too. Been wanting a dual batt dna and this seems like a winner. I'll hit up your files when it arrives :) Thanks for the referral.

I almost went with the Vivarium because of the wood rather than carbon, but wasn't feeling the sleeve as much so I decided I'd handle the carbon lol.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Steve. It all went off without a hitch. Cancelled the slow boat Bush Viper that I wouldn't of seen for at least a month since they said it wouldn't ship until 4/24, and ordered the Grey Rattlesnake (can't call it grey rat) from Wny. I imagine I will see it shortly. Hopefully by Sat, but Monday will be good too. Been wanting a dual batt dna and this seems like a winner. I'll hit up your files when it arrives :) Thanks for the referral.

I almost went with the Vivarium because of the wood rather than carbon, but wasn't feeling the sleeve as much so I decided I'd handle the carbon lol.
You're welcome! Nice, I don't think you will be disappointed. I have both the Wood and Carbon Fiber inserts. They are both nice but I give a slight edge to the CF. The way I look at is the Snakeskin covers are Ltd Ed and until now all the Therions came with Wood. It just seems like the CF makes it feel more like a Ltd Ed. I could be out in left field on that way of thinking, but it's the way I see it. One other thing, I think the CF goes better with the Black Frame than Brown Wood,

I have the Grey Rat Snakeskin, Bush Viper, and Vivarium. I want to say this the right way, but I think you would like the Bush Viper or Grey Rat Snakeskin better than the Vivarium. The Vivarium is nice, but I like the other two better. Just out of curiosity, what made you change from the Bush Viper to the Grey Rat Snakeskin (WNY has them both)?

When it lands, let me know if you need anything (Ecig file, etc)

Cheers,
Steve

zoolander3003

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It looks like you are getting to your set temperature quickly. If you thought the vape was too cool, I'd say turn up the temperature.

As for the pop or sizzle. I would say my Claptons give me more of that effect. I'd also say certain juices seem to produce that more than others. The TFV8 is probably multiple coils, a different type of setup altogether. I know that's not much help, but it's all I have.

Cheers,
Steve
Perfect. I did increase the temp by 10 I could easily handle, then the power a bit on the device, without changing the pre stuff .. better! I am using some pretty simple coils too in my larger attys. Not all that great with wire yet. I did get a 316 pre built "variety" pack that I have yet to experiment with & that 430 spool you suggested. Geez, now I want a single battery for better pocket convenience .. stick with LV?? Thanks again Steve

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're welcome! Nice, I don't think you will be disappointed. I have both the Wood and Carbon Fiber inserts. They are both nice but I give a slight edge to the CF. The way I look at is the Snakeskin covers are Ltd Ed and until now all the Therions came with Wood. It just seems like the CF makes it feel more like a Ltd Ed. I could be out in left field on that way of thinking, but it's the way I see it. One other thing, I think the CF goes better with the Black Frame than Brown Wood,

I have the Grey Rat Snakeskin, Bush Viper, and Vivarium. I want to say this the right way, but I think you would like the Bush Viper or Grey Rat Snakeskin better than the Vivarium. The Vivarium is nice, but I like the other two better. Just out of curiosity, what made you change from the Bush Viper to the Grey Rat Snakeskin (WNY has them both)?

When it lands, let me know if you need anything (Ecig file, etc)

Cheers,
Steve

That is a good point on the LE aspect as I did not consider that. I was thinking of the wood inlay for the elephant panel and thought wood seems a bit more upscale looking than carbon, but I don't think the carbon takes away from it in any way.

Well the reason for changing to the Grey from the Bush was simply indecisiveness and second guessing. I was back and forth on these two last night when I ordered from GB. I ultimately convinced myself that the Grey looked more natural, and wondered if the Bush would look pinkish as some do a little in pics, but from reading this thread the darker tones are hard to capture on camera. Really I want both lol.

Oh and with GB's flash sale they had when I purchased and with the referral discount Wny was a penny more lol. :) That penny gets it quicker into my hands and has a US seller to deal with in the event of a problem.

At one point I was leaning towards a Finder but the lack of door panels brought me back to the 166.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perfect. I did increase the temp by 10 I could easily handle, then the power a bit on the device, without changing the pre stuff .. better! I am using some pretty simple coils too in my larger attys. Not all that great with wire yet. I did get a 316 pre built "variety" pack that I have yet to experiment with & that 430 spool you suggested. Geez, now I want a single battery for better pocket convenience .. stick with LV?? Thanks again Steve
You're welcome! Nice, I'm glad you are getting better results. It's all about experimenting until you find what you like best.

Personally, I like dual battery mods best. I like that you have more power if needed and battery life is better. My Dual 18650 DNA200/250 mods last me all day. I also like the DNA200/250 chip better. It's more efficient (97% vs 85%), it has more options in Escribe, runs cooler (because of the increased efficiency). The only DNA75 mod I have is a Blood Red Lavabox 75. It's a nice mod, especially if I want to go smaller/lighter (it's Aluminum Alloy). I actually have two of them, one is still factory sealed. I'm not sure if LV makes a single 18650 DNA75. They do make a single 18650 DNA60 though that looks nice but I believe the efficiency is the same as the DNA75.
https://www.wnyvapes.com/products/epetite-dna60-by-lost-vape

My favorite DNA 75 is the Blood Red Lavabox. It looks great (imo), is relatively small, lightweight, and feels good in hand. I just normally grab one of my dual 18650 mods.

Blood Red 75 with a 23mm Supreme (that's about as big of an atty that I think looks good on it)
IMG_20161018_101554_zpsepzzpckt.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is a good point on the LE aspect as I did not consider that. I was thinking of the wood inlay for the elephant panel and thought wood seems a bit more upscale looking than carbon, but I don't think the carbon takes away from it in any way.

Well the reason for changing to the Grey from the Bush was simply indecisiveness and second guessing. I was back and forth on these two last night when I ordered from GB. I ultimately convinced myself that the Grey looked more natural, and wondered if the Bush would look pinkish as some do a little in pics, but from reading this thread the darker tones are hard to capture on camera. Really I want both lol.

Oh and with GB's flash sale they had when I purchased and with the referral discount Wny was a penny more lol. :) That penny gets it quicker into my hands and has a US seller to deal with in the event of a problem.

At one point I was leaning towards a Finder but the lack of door panels brought me back to the 166.
I'd spend the extra penny all day long :giggle::giggle::giggle:.

As for the color, you make a good point on looking more natural and the possibility of it looking slightly pinkish if you get a lighter one (the Snakeskin covers seem to be unique - no two seem to look exactly the same). I was holding my breath when I opened the Bush Viper, worried I'd get a pinkish one (I think I hit the lottery with mine). Thankfully, I didn't, mine is actually Red/Dark Red (depending on lighting). I have heard a couple of people say, it's luck of the draw and my luck usually sucks :teehee: :giggle:. It's a tough call between the two, I think you will like the Grey Rat Snakeskin, I know I do. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woooow..this bad boy Peerless brings a lot of vapor and some decent flavor for 20 Euros....iam waiting some Geekvape Fused Clapton Coils from Gearbest to rebuilt it like it must be....now just with dual SS 316L simple microcoils 0.46 Ohms in 40Watt..and Clouds..Clouds...Clouds....my mother told me that he will banned me fron the house..hahaha...
The blue plastic down in the 510 is to protect the SS from scratching the mod...anybody to know where can i find these plastics in 24mm that goes underneath the base of the atomizersto protect the mod from scratches?In black or transparent color...this blue is looking stupid...but what the hell protects my ss 510 surface of the mod...
Kidney puncher sells mod guards in different sizes, 22, 25 and 30mm, they might have a 24mm but it has been awhile. They come in 5 packs for a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Christos_Tz

Member For 2 Years
Kidney puncher sells mod guards in different sizes, 22, 25 and 30mm, they might have a 24mm but it has been awhile. They come in 5 packs for a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Thank you i will ask him for 24mm..if anybody knows other site that has indeed 24mm mod guards i will be happy if he help me..thank you..

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You're welcome! Nice, I'm glad you are getting better results. It's all about experimenting until you find what you like best.

Personally, I like dual battery mods best. I like that you have more power if needed and battery life is better. My Dual 18650 DNA200/250 mods last me all day. I also like the DNA200/250 chip better. It's more efficient (97% vs 85%), it has more options in Escribe, runs cooler (because of the increased efficiency). The only DNA75 mod I have is a Blood Red Lavabox 75. It's a nice mod, especially if I want to go smaller/lighter (it's Aluminum Alloy). I actually have two of them, one is still factory sealed. I'm not sure if LV makes a single 18650 DNA75. They do make a single 18650 DNA60 though that looks nice but I believe the efficiency is the same as the DNA75.
https://www.wnyvapes.com/products/epetite-dna60-by-lost-vape

My favorite DNA 75 is the Blood Red Lavabox. It looks great (imo), is relatively small, lightweight, and feels good in hand. I just normally grab one of my dual 18650 mods.

Blood Red 75 with a 23mm Supreme (that's about as big of an atty that I think looks good on it)
IMG_20161018_101554_zpsepzzpckt.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

One thing I found on two battery setups like the Therion or the Lavabox is that big tanks just don't look quite right. I'm not referring to overhang, 25 mm fits just fine. It's more a matter of tank "mass" especially with the release of a number of 25 mm tank that then flare out to 27 or 28 mm. Sure the base does not hang over, but it just looks, to my eye imbalanced. I got a Pharaoh RTA and while it fits fine on my Therion without overhang, it just seems too chunky on top. So for me any of these large mass tanks are ending up on my Triade, where the size seems proportional. As always, that purely subjective and YMMV.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I found on two battery setups like the Therion or the Lavabox is that big tanks just don't look quite right. I'm not referring to overhang, 25 mm fits just fine. It's more a matter of tank "mass" especially with the release of a number of 25 mm tank that then flare out to 27 or 28 mm. Sure the base does not hang over, but it just looks, to my eye imbalanced. I got a Pharaoh RTA and while it fits fine on my Therion without overhang, it just seems too chunky on top. So for me any of these large mass tanks are ending up on my Triade, where the size seems proportional. As always, that purely subjective and YMMV.
That's a good point. However for me, the biggest RTA's I have are 25mm so it's not really an issue (none that flare bigger). I consider a 25mm tank, a big tank.

I know for a lot of people, Bigger is Better, but I like my 25mm just fine (I moistly use SS430 , 28ga - how big of a deck do I really need). I don't feel the need to create my own Weather Patters with my Vape :giggle:. Like you said, bigger would probably look out of place on most dual 18650 mods and that's mostly what i use. I only want to carry around a vape combo so big. Sooner or later, some are going to need a wheelbarrow to carry around their mod and atty :teehee: :giggle: :devil:

PS I'm not saying my way is the right way. I'm just talking about the way I look at things. We are all different.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got it locally at my shop. WNY would cost approx $205 with conversion including $25 shipping. Got it here for $220 CDN all in
I figured that. I thought you were saying they weren't getting it until next week though. That's why I said they got in in quick. That conversion is killer. It's only $126 shipped here with the refer a friend discount. Even without the $25 shipping, $180 vs $126 is a big difference.

How do you like it? I like my Bush Viper. I feel like I hit the lottery with mine. I was worried it was going to have a Pinkish tint before I opened it.

Cheers,
Steve

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah they got it today so I got them to hold one for me. Yeah for $15 more and get it now it was worth it.

Love the Viper. It's like a red wine. Might sell my Grey Snakeskin though. Have a friend willing to pay $160 so I might do it. I'll keep my Silver Therion though. Have a Black Elephant door for that coming eventually. Loaded you Ecig file like always and golden

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this just happened.

A shout out to WNY Vapes for their fast delivery. Ordered Tuesday night in the mailbox Friday morning.
I now need to figure out how to do Steve's files. I had a Opus dna 200 but never really did much in escribe with it.

Over all the mod feels and looks great. :) Feels about as heavy as my Q class, but smaller.

20170414_111541.jpg 20170414_111557.jpg 20170414_111617.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this just happened.

A shout out to WNY Vapes for their fast delivery. Ordered Tuesday night in the mailbox Friday morning.
I now need to figure out how to do Steve's files. I had a Opus dna 200 but never really did much in escribe with it.

Over all the mod feels and looks great. :) Feels about as heavy as my Q class, but smaller.

View attachment 79613 View attachment 79614 View attachment 79615
I really like the look of that one. It seems like you hit the lottery on that one my friend. If you PM me your Email address, I'll send you the Ecig file along with directions on how to load it.

PS What do you think of the Carbon Fiber inserts?

Cheers,
Steve

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the look of that one. It seems like you hit the lottery on that one my friend. If you PM me your Email address, I'll send you the Ecig file along with directions on how to load it.

PS What do you think of the Carbon Fiber inserts?

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks. :)
File went off without a hitch

I am really liking the look. No regrets on switching from the Bush.

The carbon blends really nicely on the device. Wasn't sure about them when I ordered but they blend in really well on the frame.

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. :)
File went off without a hitch

I am really liking the look. No regrets on switching from the Bush.

The carbon blends really nicely on the device. Wasn't sure about them when I ordered but they blend in really well on the frame.

Where can I get the file for this? I have the same one. Great mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just got mine and I'm loving her to bits! Perfect combination. Named her Scarlett, fitting right? :D

Btw, any tips that I can hopefully play around in escribe for a better vaping experience? I mean I'm in love with how she vapes but I think I wanna play around in escribe as I bought this mainly because of the customizability and this is actually my first DNA device. Many thanks for future inputs. Cheers!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors