Lost Vape Therion 166 (DNA250)

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by Wingsfan0310, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Christos_Tz

Christos_Tz New Member

Blog Posts:
    My Therion 166 DNA...still like brand new..iam taking care of it very well..its working flawlessly........!

Attached Files:

Wingsfan0310 and gadget! like this.
  2. EndaStory

EndaStory New Member

Blog Posts:
    Steve you legend! just grabbed a 166 all black/carbon/carbon and threw on your ecig settings, guna grab some ss coils next week and try my hand at this temp control stuff as ive never vaped in temp before :O but ive been stalking this thread for a while and you've given some really great advice throughout, thanks alot man.

3. GorGon27

GorGon27 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    This is good. First outstanding experience with LV. Much different than brand new Triade I once again got. It is swimming in juice and still works fine. About 2 months ago it dropped from my pocket onto concrete. Tiny chip. Has not peeled at chip. Apparently the paint is different and much more robust than Triade. Also not affected by juice as is the Triade. At this point the logo on top is just starting to fade. Paint is perfect other than the tiny chip. I have treated this very poorly. It was going to be my beater amongst customs. It nearly looks custom and the build quality is 10/10 imo. It ended up getting a lot more use than expected.. Honestly no one needs to get a custom with this unless you just want to show off. The quality is all there. After 7 Triades I figured LV a joke. Than this. It is top notch. I highly recommend it over the Triade. Also much smaller. At say 90W it lasts within minutes of Triade anyways. This would be my top Chinese production mod and the Triade much lower. After the Triades this really caught me off guard. Perhaps is actually their flagship model. By a mile. Of course YMMV.

Oh my personal taste is the Elephant/black/ CF. Have not checked if they have anything new.

4. Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Happy to hear that you are having a good experience with the Theron. I'm one of mine as I type this.
    You're welcome. Thank you for the kind words my friend. I'm glad you like the mod and Ecig file. It's still my most used mod.

PS I just finished a move to Pocono country in PA. Hopefully I'll be able to spend more time on the forum. It's been a crazy summer.

Cheers,
    Steve

xXxelis_prxXx, EndaStory and skt239 like this.
  5. gadget!

gadget! Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Steve's ecig files are awesome that's for sure.

I have really became fond of temp control, Steve's files and the Therion are a perfect match.

I have tried TC on several different mods and the Therion is the only mod that I am completely satisfied with it on.

I've moved on from the 166 to the 75c bf myself. A Therion Squonker and TC mode is heaven!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    skt239 and EndaStory like this.
  6. EndaStory

EndaStory New Member

Blog Posts:
    ahh don't say that man, im already looking for an excuse to buy a 2nd one !

gadget! likes this.
  7. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Opening a vaper's honeymoon retreat?

Wingsfan0310 likes this.
  8. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    More like a vaper's fishing retreat. This is the closest (about 2-3 blocks from the house) of the 3 lakes in our community. :bliss:

2616873215027890101.jpg

Cheers,
    Steve

9. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I’m not far from you now.
    It’s a beautiful area for sure.

Wingsfan0310 likes this.
  10. 2c5000

2c5000 Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    how many of you with therions are mac users? is it a PITA to use a mac to update the therion? even possible?

im also looking into a paranormal. i want to accurately TC mesh and my evic minis are not cutting it. they do an ok job with wire, but getting mixed results with mesh. on two dif evic mins. frustrating as all hell. im hoping to cop a device that does TC properly.

11. gadget!

gadget! Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
  12. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    Checking into the thread to say I'm still enjoying my Therion 166's. Here's a quick pic of the Bush Viper at the new house:
    IMG_20171202_1535061.jpg

Cheers,
    Steve

EndaStory, skt239, ShowerHead and 2 others like this.
  13. Carmmond

Carmmond Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Nice yard Steve! Looks like I won’t be loading the SS430 onto the Boxer I got today... loaded the batteries and started using it and the fire button got hot and it reboots over and over. Sick to my stomach :mad:

14. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to hear that my friend :(. On a positive note, if you bought it from Ginger Vaper I hear they have great CS. :cheers:

Cheers,
    Steve

ShowerHead likes this.
  15. Carmmond

Carmmond Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I did get it from them. Will report back :sad: Back to the Triade.

ShowerHead and Wingsfan0310 like this.
  16. GorGon27

GorGon27 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Well, dead. Sort of. My fault I got juice in the usb. Evolv offered to fix it. They are great. Doubt it is a big deal it powers on but going haywire. I tried cleaning the usb with alcohol to no avail. I bet they can fix it in 5 seconds unless it actually needs a new board. LV gave up on repairs so Evolv is handling full warranty on them now. That is very good because LV take 6 months and Evolv a week.

I handled a Paranormal. Imo not as nice as the Therion. I ended up buying another custom. The Therion is sort of fancier looking than most customs for 1/3rd the price but customs are just kind of nicer Imo. Although amazingly the Therion is probably better built too. Like tiny gap in my face plate being hand made. The Therion has extremely tight tolerances. The back has a drop of wiggle but no biggie. I could not even open the battery door on the Paranormal and it is bigger when it should be smaller. Look forward to getting mine fixed. I have many mods and plenty of customs but the Therion was my daily driver.

17. EndaStory

EndaStory New Member

Blog Posts:
    reporting in a month later. Awesome little mod this is! il probably never use another regulated device until this packs up. i haven't gotten round to temp control just yet :oops: does anyone have any reccommended coil builds for TC? bearing in mind my current build skill is capped at fused claptons.

obligatory hand check.
    handcheck.jpg

Wingsfan0310 likes this.
  18. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    I'm happy to hear you like the Theron. It's basically the only mod I use anymore. It's hard to put it down. As for TC builds, this will probably sound boring but here goes. I use a simple dual coil setup in a 25mm Aromamizer Supreme, 7 wraps, spaced, 2.5mm, 28ga SS430 (from Unkamen). I get great results (well at least I'm happy with it :teehee:)

Cheers,
    Steve