Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Therion 166 (DNA250)

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn I'm so tempted to pick up a Therion 166 looking at this bread. Not cheap in Canada. Over $200. Slim pickings also. Only purple Ostrich and black leather models I have seen. Both are Silver body. Would like to find the all black if I could but haven't had any luck. Decisions decisions

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Over $200 in Canada? Is it cheaper to just order from someplace like Fasttech and have it mailed, or does that create problems with customs for you?

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$199 Plus tax which equals $225.

Fast tech is $149 I think then exchange which will equal $202 CDN plus duty most likely at the border guessing

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well that sucks. I know some US vendors are selling it for less than $149, but no idea if they ship to Canada. It does sound like a wash once you're done with currency conversion and shipping fees.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Fast tech is $149 I think then exchange which will equal $202 CDN plus duty most likely at the border guessing

What you need is a buddy in the US or something to buy it for you and then ship it over....that's the only way I can think to work round those crazy tax Jacks

EDIT - Maybe Steve has the better idea ;)

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Use coupon code MAP at FastTech to bring it down to ~$120 USD. It just a dollar or two less at Gearbest (no code). 3F Vape is another place that's about $114 USD with their code 2017CNY.

Cheers,
Steve

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah even if it was say $30-$40 cheaper in the end to get it from the US I would still pay the extra to have it same day instead of waiting a couple weeks for delivery. That's just me though. When I want it I want it now lol.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah even if it was say $30-$40 cheaper in the end to get it from the US I would still pay the extra to have it same day instead of waiting a couple weeks for delivery. That's just me though. When I want it I want it now lol.
That's not just you, that's most of us LOL..

Hope you find one DX

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haha I feel your pain, just get an order in before Chinese new year if you go over seas, otherwise you'll be waiting an extra month

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beautiful! Is that the black leather or the carbon fiber?

Black leather. Damn I'm in love. Honestly you can feel the premium feel with this Mod. I have an SMY DNA75 with rubbery grip and it's starting to chip away. I have a Smok Alien that's chipping away also and a few older mods with paint scratching etc. You can def feel why this costs more. Spent $200 today (got a little discount from the shop). I've always wanted a Dual 18650 DNA and finally have one.

I'm already familiar with Escribe so it's been fine and have already tuned it for SS 316 Elite for TC and it's vaping like a champ. Very happy with my decision today to jump on the Therion

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I gotta say, for virtually the same configuration as the hcigar this thing is so much more ergonomic.
Amazing what a few mm difference in girth can do.
(That's what she said)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
3331c3cbcccffbf85a404409159b278c.jpg
cfebc3d33ae30b50fabc2d6b9296c8ec.jpg

For fellow therion fans in the UK or anyone else who must have this one and willing to pay for shipping.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bit off topic but love it or hate it, this Trinity Glass Cap has made such a difference !

Goon 24mm RDA with a Trinity Glass Cap, flavor, flavor, flavor and clouds bro clouds, mental this thing is lol (but that's just because of how I built it)

I put some monster Alien comp Coils that turn green after you put heat through them, it takes days for that to happen so I took a pic from the guy I bought them off. 3x26g Kanthal wrapped in 32g NI80 on a 3.5mm drill bit, 7 wraps, you wont fit these in many RTA's if any.

I was pleased with my build, they look creepy sick (My Son said that, kids hey !) ......Creepy sick LOL

https://postimage.org/

https://postimage.org/app.php

Wicked, juiced and ready to go

https://postimage.org/app.php

Goon 24mm RDA with Trinity Glass Cap .......Outstanding.....Therion 166 all black, outstanding, awesome setup.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bit off topic but love it or hate it, this Trinity Glass Cap has made such a difference !

Goon 24mm RDA with a Trinity Glass Cap, flavor, flavor, flavor and clouds bro clouds, mental this thing is lol (but that's just because of how I built it)

I put some monster Alien comp Coils that turn green after you put heat through them, it takes days for that to happen so I took a pic from the guy I bought them off. 3x26g Kanthal wrapped in 32g NI80 on a 3.5mm drill bit, 7 wraps, you wont fit these in many RTA's if any.

I was pleased with my build, they look creepy sick (My Son said that, kids hey !) ......Creepy sick LOL

Wicked, juiced and ready to go

Goon 24mm RDA with Trinity Glass Cap .......Outstanding.....Therion 166 all black, outstanding, awesome setup.
Very nice indeed my friend! :slowclap: :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys. Finally received my Theron! It's just a work of art really. My first DNA chip as well. Quick question. I'm used to pressing the fire button 5x to turn the mod on and off. But in the Theron it just "locks" it so no buttons can be pressed but the screen is still lit up. Is this the same as being off? I just don't want the battery to run down while it's locked in my pocket with the screen on because I kept pushing buttons.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys. Finally received my Theron! It's just a work of art really. My first DNA chip as well. Quick question. I'm used to pressing the fire button 5x to turn the mod on and off. But in the Theron it just "locks" it so no buttons can be pressed but the screen is still lit up. Is this the same as being off? I just don't want the battery to run down while it's locked in my pocket with the screen on because I kept pushing buttons.
The DNA board does not turn off, it automatically goes into sleep mode, perfectly fine, uses very very little battery, nothing to worry about and congrats, it's a great mod !

So yeah just lock it when it's in your pocket and your all good, even with the screen on if it's pressed your not going to get battery drain.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no off button on DNA chips. The mods do however go too sleep about 30 minutes after the last use. While in sleep it uses practically no power. I have 3s Lipo mods that basically have the same charge after sitting idle for months.

You can choose how long the screen stays on after firing. The Escribe default is 60 seconds. On my Ecig files I change it to 30 seconds because I feel that is plenty long enough after I let go of the fire button. You can change it on the screen tab in Escribe.
Important: Don't forget, after making changes, you have to click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe in order to save the changes to you mod.

PS I posted my Escribe file in case you want to give it a try. The mod will be completely set up with 7 TC profiles, 1 for Power Mode, custom screens, custom theme, case thermals, etc. The link is in my signature.

upload_2017-1-21_16-56-52.png

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no off button on DNA chips. The mods do however go too sleep about 30 minutes after the last use. While in sleep it uses practically no power. I have 3s Lipo mods that basically have the same charge after sitting idle for months.

You can choose how long the screen stays on after firing. The Escribe default is 60 seconds. On my Ecig files I change it to 30 seconds because I feel that is plenty long enough after I let go of the fire button. You can change it on the screen tab in Escribe. Don't forget, after making changes, you have to click on Upload Settings to Device in order to save the changes to you mod.

PS I posted my Escribe file in case you want to give it a try. The mod will be completely set up with 7 TC profiles, 1 for Power Mode, custom screens, custom theme, case thermals, etc. The link is in my signature.

View attachment 72365

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah I use your ecig file, it's great Steve

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys thanks so much for the info. You guys are the best. You can just tell how great this mod is by just holding it in your hand. It screams quality.
Yeah lost vape have been killing it for a mass produced mod, I thinks it's fantastic for the money....Now I just need them to bring out an all black Triade :) ... That's another awesome mod, I have the 200 and DNA 250. I hope they make another new mod this year though !

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_1854.JPG Here is my new every day carry boys and girls. With the new goon Lp ontop. I know this goon has had a lot of negative reviews but I have to say I absolutely love it. Best vape combo I have had in my vaping existence. Got myself a new set of Samsung 25r's for this too. My shop originally sold me mxjo's and have read that they are somewhat frowned upon. So I went with one of the trusted brands instead.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 72376 Here is my new every day carry boys and girls. With the new goon Lp ontop. I know this goon has had a lot of negative reviews but I have to say I absolutely love it. Best vape combo I have had in my vaping existence. Got myself a new set of Samsung 25r's for this too. My shop originally sold me mxjo's and have read that they are somewhat frowned upon. So I went with one of the trusted brands instead.
Samsung 25R's are great batteries, you made a good choice. If you want to download the battery discharge curve, here's a link where you can get it. Just load it in the mod tab here once you download it.
http://dna200.de/kurven_akku/
Important: Don't forget, after making changes, you have to click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe in order to save the changes to you mod.

Edit: One last thing - The correct Watt Hours for 2 x Samsung 25R's is 18.5 Watt Hours. That along with the discharge curve will make your battery bar/meter accurate. You enter in in the same Mod tab at the upper left hand corner. If your not seeing the Mod tab, you access it by clicking on: Options > User Interface > Manufacturer at the top of Escribe

upload_2017-1-21_21-28-6.png

Last edited:

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow thanks A lot man. I haven't had a glance to download e scribe yet. I will tomarrow. Is all that battery curve stuff only to somewhat "calibrate" the battery meter? I'm going to do everything you showed me today on e scribe tomarrow

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow thanks A lot man. I haven't had a glance to download e scribe yet. I will tomarrow. Is all that battery curve stuff only to somewhat "calibrate" the battery meter? I'm going to do everything you showed me today on e scribe tomarrow
You're welcome my friend. Yes, that's basically what it's for, to make the battery meter accurate. You can also set your soft cell cutoffs, add custom screens, different wire profiles, etc. It's one of the best things about the chip imo - unlimited customization. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah lost vape have been killing it for a mass produced mod, I thinks it's fantastic for the money....Now I just need them to bring out an all black Triade :) ... That's another awesome mod, I have the 200 and DNA 250. I hope they make another new mod this year though !
Lost Vape is going to release a sqounker in the nxt couple weeks. Its going to be a dual battery sqounker, which is gonna be shaped like the Triade. Its suppose to be really nice. Im excited because i always wanted a dual battery Dna sqounker. Im sure you should see reviews and pictures soon.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lost Vape is going to release a sqounker in the nxt couple weeks. Its going to be a dual battery sqounker, which is gonna be shaped like the Triade. Its suppose to be really nice. Im excited because i always wanted a dual battery Dna sqounker. Im sure you should see reviews and pictures soon.
That comes at a perfect time for my goon rda which I've not long bought, awesome news, thanks.

Last edited:

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn Escribe withdrawal. Only have a Mac at home lol. At least I setup my profiles at my office Friday before the weekend. Want to try out Steve's profile. One more day :)

On a side note had some friends over last night for dinner. Two of my buddies were in awe of the Therion. They have never used TC and were blown away how good it is. "Hold my Mod with 2 hands Please".

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn Escribe withdrawal. Only have a Mac at home lol. At least I setup my profiles at my office Friday before the weekend. Want to try out Steve's profile. One more day :)

On a side note had some friends over last night for dinner. Two of my buddies were in awe of the Therion. They have never used TC and were blown away how good it is. "Hold my Mod with 2 hands Please".

Don't drop my mod, be careful please !

Words we have all used lol

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Steve I downloaded e scribe and the Samsung 25r file and uploaded it to my Therion. Was very very easy. One thing I have a question about though. Is it possible to have a battery percentage be put on the screen? I didn't see anywhere on e scribe that gave that option. I would like my Therion to have a battery percentage if possible.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Steve I downloaded e scribe and the Samsung 25r file and uploaded it to my Therion. Was very very easy. One thing I have a question about though. Is it possible to have a battery percentage be put on the screen? I didn't see anywhere on e scribe that gave that option. I would like my Therion to have a battery percentage if possible.
Yes, it's in the screen tab of Escribe. The drop down boxes let you select quite a few different things that can be displayed on each of the 3 smaller displays (battery charge % is one of them). You have two different boxes (one for TC and one for power mode). You can also choose what's displayed while charging.
upload_2017-1-22_15-12-34.png
Cheers,
Steve

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_1855.JPG Steve your the man. Can't believe I overlooked that. Wish there was a way to make the watts smaller and display them plus voltage of the two batts at the same time too. But that's prob asking to much to be on the screen lol. How low do you guys usually let the batteries go before a charge? On escribe at 41% there showing 3.70v 3.69v

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
View attachment 72447 Steve your the man. Can't believe I overlooked that. Wish there was a way to make the watts smaller and display them plus voltage of the two batts at the same time too. But that's prob asking to much to be on the screen lol. How low do you guys usually let the batteries go before a charge? On escribe at 41% there showing 3.70v 3.69v
I usually go 3v but with these style batteries you can charge them whenever u want. They don't need to be low to be charged

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome Ant thanks. So maybe 25% would be safe? I can't see the voltage of the battieries u less I hook up to escribe or take them out and put them on my charger. So I'll be going off the percentage for my day to day use.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Awesome Ant thanks. So maybe 25% would be safe? I can't see the voltage of the battieries u less I hook up to escribe or take them out and put them on my charger. So I'll be going off the percentage for my day to day use.
Just set escribe to 3v and fire till it's dead lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 72447 Steve your the man. Can't believe I overlooked that. Wish there was a way to make the watts smaller and display them plus voltage of the two batts at the same time too. But that's prob asking to much to be on the screen lol. How low do you guys usually let the batteries go before a charge? On escribe at 41% there showing 3.70v 3.69v
In the mod tab you can set the soft cell cutoff to whatever you want. I set mine to 2.8v. Battery companies test the cells down to 2.5v so 2.8v is perfectly safe. That being said, some feel that the higher you set them, the more cycles you will get (I would hope so since you would have to charge them more often :teehee:). I'm half joking around there. I look at it like this, if I'm out and about, I don't want my mod shutting down while I still have juice left. It's not like you have to wait until thet are completely empty to change/charge them.

Note: The soft cell cutoff is applied on the voltage sag while firing. The batteries will bounce back a bit while at rest.(not firing).

upload_2017-1-22_15-47-1.png

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wow that's a great idea. I'm new to escribe so sorry for all the questions. Not quite sure where to set the low cutoff to 3v

Edit* Steve replied and answered before I saw. Steve thanks again brotha!!!!
Steve knows a lot more then me in escribe. I learned most of what I know on it from him.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should be getting my Troll RTA tomorrow, this one looks really good and should look really nice on the Therion. I'll post a link to my review if anyone's interested..kind of a first impressions and how if wicks ect..

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping like a mad man. Clouds for miles :teehee::giggle:. I'm just messing around. I've never seen so much fog as I have this winter. I'm not sure what's going on but it's been in the 50's the last few days here (that's very unusual for January in Michigan). We have had fog warnings on and off the last 4 days or so.
IMG_20170122_153226.jpg

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping experience with the Therion and running my SS316 in TC has been awesome. These are out of box settings pretty much and only adjusted my preheat, temp etc for a few profiles and the theme quickly the other day when I got it. Looking forward to finally spending some time with Escribe tomorrow and loading Steves profiles when I have time on my laptop at work.

Just love the TC for SS316 right now instead of regular wattage. So smooth with vapor production and flav at 400F. Love this Mod.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Should be getting my Troll RTA tomorrow, this one looks really good and should look really nice on the Therion. I'll post a link to my review if anyone's interested..kind of a first impressions and how if wicks ect..
I always enjoy seeing fellow members reviews

VU Sponsors