Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Therion 166 (DNA250)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wingsfan0310

Great ecig file. Liking the theme also. Even better then the onboard settings. Nice work.
I'm glad you like it. I spent a lot of time developing/fine tuning the ecig file since getting my first DNA200 (I think it was back around September of 2015). I set all of my DNA mods up the same way (other than different welcome screens, case thermals, and mod resistance).

Cheers,
Steve

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad you like it. I spent a lot of time developing/fine tuning the ecig file since getting my first DNA200 (I think it was back around September of 2015). I set all of my DNA mods up the same way (other than different welcome screens, case thermals, and mod resistance).

Cheers,
Steve
DNA Master,
I have a 166 on the way. I'll send you a pm when it arrives lol.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
am.png

Can anyone help me with this for a theme pic. I am having a hard time with the theme generator

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's for one of my Profiles screens. I have one for my Griffen but can't do that Ammit one

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's for one of my Profiles screens. I have one for my Griffen but can't do that Ammit one
It's the right size. What's the problem? Is the orange coming through as white and just basically showing an empty white screen? The DNA screen is monochrome so it will turn colors black or white, depending on their color (light colors are white, dark colors are black). I'll mess around with it. I just want to know what the problem is so I know where to start..

Cheers,
Steve

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly. Just want Ammit and RTA in white with black background like your theme from your Ecig file

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This will work. It is dark enough it will show black (the Ammit printing). For me to make a Black background I will have to print it myself. That's not a problem, I just need to find the right font. It's not always easy when the pictures have different colors. For now this will work until I can spend a little more time on it.

GV2.png

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn Steve's Ecig file is amazing. I haven't seen my GeekVape Ammit perform this well especially with SS316 Elite that I've used on my other mods in Temp Control. Obviously the DNA will preform better but using his file took it to another level past the DNA onboard settings that I used since getting the Therion last Thurs. Finally had access to Windows this morning to load his file. This is great. Thanks for sharing buddy. Never been so happy with a mod. Vaping experience is a total new level.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn Steve's Ecig file is amazing. I haven't seen my GeekVape Ammit perform this well especially with SS316 Elite that I've used on my other mods in Temp Control. Obviously the DNA will preform better but using his file took it to another level past the DNA onboard settings that I used since getting the Therion last Thurs. Finally had access to Windows this morning to load his file. This is great. Thanks for sharing buddy. Never been so happy with a mod. Vaping experience is a total new level.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm really glad you like it. :cheers:

I'm still trying to figure out what font they used to get the Capitol M's right leg to descend like that. Trying to find the matching font can be a pain at times (well most of the time :teehee:). I'll either find it or I'll substitute a font I think looks good. I'm still looking.

Cheers,
Steve

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the kind words. I'm really glad you like it. :cheers:

I'm still trying to figure out what font they used to get the Capitol M's right leg to descend like that. Trying to find the matching font can be a pain at times (well most of the time :teehee:). I'll either find it or I'll substitute a font I think looks good. I'm still looking.

Cheers,
Steve
Can't you just edit it in paint

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm not proficient using MS Paint.

Here's something I came up with. If you want the geek vape in there too, let me know.

View attachment 72588 View attachment 72590

Cheers,
Steve

You make these in Theme Generator? Not to seem like a total moron but what is it and where do you grab it. I've been making my screens in Photoshop. Works OK as I'm used to it, but always like to know other options.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I checked out the link and there is a pixel editor on there and you can change the color of each pixel manually. Not sure if you knew this or not so I figured I'd say something. Though that's just what I saw on the first post there.
I'm aware of that, I've been using the program for awhile. In order to change the pixels you have to carefully trace over each one you want to change. It's not as easy as you are making it sound (at least not for me using a desktop PC, controlling the courser with a mouse). Give it a go and you will see what I mean. If someone can help him out better, my feelings won't be hurt. The OP asked if anyone could help, not just me.

Cheers,
Steve

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm aware of that, I've been using the program for awhile. In order to change the pixels you have to carefully trace over each one you want to change. It's not as easy as you are making it sound (at least not for me using a desktop PC, controlling the courser with a mouse). Give it a go and you will see what I mean. If someone can help him out better, my feelings won't be hurt. The OP asked if anyone could help, not just me.

Cheers,
Steve
I meant no disrespect. And it was over and done with, he liked it and it looked great. I only said it to help you out later on.

I have been using computers for 25 years and there are many things I don't know or over looked. There are short cuts on my phone I'm sure I don't know about and it use it everyday. Again I meant no disrespect only tried to help.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I meant no disrespect. And it was over and done with, he liked it and it looked great. I only said it to help you out later on.

I have been using computers for 25 years and there are many things I don't know or over looked. There are short cuts on my phone I'm sure I don't know about and it use it everyday. Again I meant no disrespect only tried to help.
No worries, I didn't take it that way. Heck I'm not even sure if it's just me that doesn't find the Pixel Editor easy to use. I wasn't just singling you out when I posted if anyone could help help him better, my feelings wouldn't be hurt. I meant I wouldn't feel like someone was stepping on my toes by giving it a go. I'm not the most artistic person and I also don't have the most patience when it comes to things like that.

Cheers,
Steve

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heck I'm good with computers and was having a hard time with the Pixel Editor. That's why I asked for help . Even when I was inverting the colors it was messed. If it was already Black and White it would have been fine.

laserloui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could anyone point me to a shop that has the BLACK Edition of the Therion 166 in stock? I would also prefer wooden inlays instead of the carbon. Also it would be nice to also get some additional battety door designs for the black version.

So far it seems this mod is out of stock world wide, at least the version i am looking for.

Thanks advance

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could anyone point me to a shop that has the BLACK Edition of the Therion 166 in stock? I would also prefer wooden inlays instead of the carbon. Also it would be nice to also get some additional battety door designs for the black version.

So far it seems this mod is out of stock world wide, at least the version i am looking for.

Thanks advance
The Black Frame Therion is very hard to find atm. The only spare doors I've been able to find so far have the lighter color frame. I have some pictures in this thread with a couple of them on my Black Frame Therion and they really don't look bad at all (imo). If I didn't know there were two different types, I probably wouldn't notice (if that makes any sense). With the CNY shutdown, I think it's going to be sometime in late February (at the earliest) before we see them restocked (unless there are some already in the pipeline).

Cheers,
Steve

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I've been using the Therion more often than the Triade because the size suits my hands better. Or sometimes it depends on my mood. :) The Therion really is a beautiful mod & my pic of the grey ostrich with a silver frame and wood inlay didn't do any justice to how it looks face to face. When I first got the mod, the grey ostrich leather, which to my eyes seems a little on the light light brown side of grey, was rather shiny to the point that the ostrich texture looked fake or printed on. The leather has since darkened and dulled somewhat and looks prettier than it did out of the box.

I like everything about this device except how the batteries are inserted. It's not a major con and I've gotten used to taking care with that first battery but ideally, it would be nice to just pop the batteries in. Other than that, I'm done with mod shopping :bliss:(but not atty shopping!) :drunk: The only other mod I'm interested in is something with hohmtech's fsk. Although, I am waiting for a more ergonomic form factor.

I have some questions: 1) The TC performance is affected by the atty. Why is this so? I have no problems with it because I can change attys but I'd like to understand what I'm doing. 2) I've read advice here and elsewhere that if I don't need TC, then go for another device. I don't always use TC because I sometimes chain vape. Is this advice just a matter of the price difference? 3) I don't think I'm maximizing the use of TC. For one thing, I'm still experimenting with attys. Sometimes, using power mode is just more convenient because I chain vape. Is there something I should try out to get the most out of this experience?

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I fought my temptation to buy one, as bad ass as they look tho it was a struggle lol. I want to see an all black Triade, I swear I saw a pic of one some place but have yet to see them for sale, that's what I'm holding out for!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using the Therion more often than the Triade because the size suits my hands better. Or sometimes it depends on my mood. :) The Therion really is a beautiful mod & my pic of the grey ostrich with a silver frame and wood inlay didn't do any justice to how it looks face to face. When I first got the mod, the grey ostrich leather, which to my eyes seems a little on the light light brown side of grey, was rather shiny to the point that the ostrich texture looked fake or printed on. The leather has since darkened and dulled somewhat and looks prettier than it did out of the box.

I like everything about this device except how the batteries are inserted. It's not a major con and I've gotten used to taking care with that first battery but ideally, it would be nice to just pop the batteries in. Other than that, I'm done with mod shopping :bliss:(but not atty shopping!) :drunk: The only other mod I'm interested in is something with hohmtech's fsk. Although, I am waiting for a more ergonomic form factor.

I have some questions: 1) The TC performance is affected by the atty. Why is this so? I have no problems with it because I can change attys but I'd like to understand what I'm doing. 2) I've read advice here and elsewhere that if I don't need TC, then go for another device. I don't always use TC because I sometimes chain vape. Is this advice just a matter of the price difference? 3) I don't think I'm maximizing the use of TC. For one thing, I'm still experimenting with attys. Sometimes, using power mode is just more convenient because I chain vape. Is there something I should try out to get the most out of this experience?

I think the reason why people say if you're not using TC to look elsewhere is mainly because you can get a cheaper mod that does power mode well (imo the DNA200/250 chip is the best TC chip on the market). It's not that it doesn't do Power Mode well, because it does. It's just there are cheaper options out there if you are only going to use Power mode.

As for different attys having different results in TC. That is because of a few things. Not all attys have stable resistance, their internal resistance can vary, etc. I mainly use Aromamizer Supremes (25mm) and get great results using them in TC. TC all I use anymore.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might have gotten the Black Frame if it was in stock at my local Vape Shop. I did get the silver with black leather door. Absolutely love it. Much better looking in person than pics just like the other poster mentioned. Only thing is I am OCD a bit and have a scuff ontop of the mod near Therion and bugs the crap out of me. Don't know if this casing is made of Zinc Alloy or something. Don't think scratches can come out. First scuff is always the hardest lol

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
Thanks @Wingsfan0310 - I do prefer that it does power mode well. I don't need the power, but I like the safety and accuracy. Also, compared to custom-made mods using the DNA chips, the LV options are reasonably priced. I can't afford more expensive devices, though stab wood mods look fab. In the Philippines, the LV mods are cheaper than most other DNA mods and the SX mini Q class. For example, the SX mini Q class is about $30 more expensive than the Triade dna 250.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the reason why people say if you're not using TC to look elsewhere is mainly because you can get a cheaper mod that does power mode as well (imo the DNA200/250 chip is the best TC chip on the market). It's not that it doesn't do Power Mode well, because it does. It's just there are cheaper options out there if you are only going to use Power mode.

As for different attys having different results in TC. That is because of a few things. Not all attys have stable resistance, their internal resistance can vary, etc. I mainly use Aromamizer Supremes (25mm) and get great results using them in TC. TC all I use anymore.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve, are you talking about Live Ohms in Device monitor? For example my Mod shows .43 Ohms and holds there when taking a draw while in TC. Live Ohms on Device monitor usually shoots up to .48 or so.

In Power Mode my Ohms start at .43 like Usual and shoots up to .49 Ohms on the Mod.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, t
Steve, are you talking about Live Ohms in Device monitor? For example my Mod shows .43 Ohms and holds there when taking a draw while in TC. Live Ohms on Device monitor usually shoots up to .48 or so.

In Power Mode my Ohms start at .43 like Usual and shoots up to .49 Ohms on the Mod.
No, that's not what I meant. What I was saying is some attys don't have stable resistance when they are at rest. That is crucial to getting a consistent Vape using TC.

The DNA mods show you the cold resistance in TC. In power mode you see the real time resistance.

With TC coils the resistance rises as the coil heats up. That's how the mod calculates the temperature of the coils. Using the TCR of the wire that you are using, the mod calculates how much the resistance has to rise to be at your set temperature. Once there, the mod fluctuates the power to keep you there.

I hope I answered your question.

Cheers,
Steve

laserloui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just canceled my order for the battery doors since it turned out that there are no black framed doors available / in existance.

Does anyone know how to get additional black battery covers? I wouldnt mind stuff from 3rd party manufactors/vendors since it seems lost vape does not offer them at all as a seperate purchase.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just canceled my order for the battery doors since it turned out that there are no black framed doors available / in existance.

Does anyone know how to get additional black battery covers? I wouldnt mind stuff from 3rd party manufactors/vendors since it seems lost vape does not offer them at all as a seperate purchase.
As I mentioned earlier, I don't believe the darker frame doors are out yet. The Black frame mods were just released recently. I say give it a little while, they will probably release them sometime after the CNY. If I see them anywhere I will post it here.

Since the framing around the side is lighter than the top, bottom and end, I think the lighter framed doors look pretty good. It gives it a three toned look. I understand that you want them to be exact, but the mod is still so new, I haven't seen any of the darker frames yet for sale separately.

IIRC it took awhile before the lighter framed doors were available separately. I believe at this time their main effort will be getting more Black Framed mods out to retailers. I think it will be a little while before we see the darker doors available on their own (hopefully sooner, rather than later) .

L to R Original door on the mod, Lighter framed door on the mod.
IMG_20161231_125527_zpsylvb0bs9.jpg
IMG_20161231_130053_zpsddtrf2ui.jpg

Here's a picture I just took outside in natural light to try and give a truer sense of what I'm talking about (triple tone/shade of Black/Grey)
IMG_20170125_143205_zpsaznnmk0r.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

laserloui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As I mentioned earlier, I don't believe the darker frame doors are out yet. The Black frame mods were just released recently. I say give it a little while, they will probably release them sometime after the CNY. If I see them anywhere I will post it here.

Since the framing around the side is lighter than the top, bottom and end, I think the lighter framed doors look pretty good. It gives it a three toned look. I understand that you want them to be exact, but the mod is still so new, I haven't seen any of the darker frames yet for sale separately.

IIRC it took awhile before the lighter framed doors were available separately. I believe at this time their main effort will be getting more Black Framed mods out to retailers. I think it will be a little while before we see the darker doors available on their own (hopefully sooner, rather than later) .

L to R Original door on the mod, Lighter framed door on the mod.
IMG_20161231_125527_zpsylvb0bs9.jpg
IMG_20161231_130053_zpsddtrf2ui.jpg

Another Lighter frame door on the mod
IMG_20170111_111746_zpsxkcd0l47.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
Cudos!
Yep, i'm gonna wait a while. Still not a fan of the light doors though. xD

Thanks advance
They have them in stock at WNYVapes. I just ordered one an hour ago! www.wnyvapes.com/collections/dna-75-133-200-mods/products/lost-vape-therion-dna133-tc-box-mod?variant=33687778567 Also i think you can get 10% off if you use this link http://i.refs.cc/Oz2q6Wu8 Not sure about the discount though. Its some refer a friend thing.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have them in stock at WNYVapes. I just ordered one an hour ago! www.wnyvapes.com/collections/dna-75-133-200-mods/products/lost-vape-therion-dna133-tc-box-mod?variant=33687778567 Also i think you can get 10% off if you use this link http://i.refs.cc/Oz2q6Wu8 Not sure about the discount though. Its some refer a friend thing.
They just listed those tonight. I looked earlier today and they weren't listed.

Which color did you get?

I have one of those refer a friend links as well. They are good for 10% off. Here it is if anyone is interested:
http://i.refs.cc/LdRWM3oe

Cheers,
Steve

They just listed those tonight. I looked earlier today and they weren't listed.

Which color did you get?

I have one of those refer a friend links as well. They are good for 10% off. I never posted it, Here it is if anyone is interested:

Cheers,
Steve
I got the black elephant leather. I'm super excited! I seriously considered the snake skin but without being able to see it in person I figured I'd go for the safe route.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Must be a new price.
VapeNW has them for the US$134.99 free shipping.
https://vapenw.com/lost-vape-therion-dna166-dual-18650-mod

For me, I'm much closer to NY so I'd go with WNYVapes.
That's what they were going for a Vape NW when I bought mine. They just happened to be running a sale at the time (10% off) so I got it for $121 and change. WNY has 10% off now if you use the refer a friend link I posted back a few posts. You have to be a first time buyer though.

It does seem like that's the going rate with the Black Frame / DNA250 chip now (they're a couple of bucks more if you get the Limited Edition Snakeskin versions). I bought a Grey Snakeskin/Black Frame with Carbon Fiber inlays from WNY that's supposed to be delivered tomorrow.. :vapemail:
https://www.wnyvapes.com/products/lost-vape-therion-dna133-tc-box-mod?variant=33687778695

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors