Become a Patron!

LOST VAPE TRIADE DNA200

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I said this before but don't be disappointed if they did not fix the paint and leather. That is not warrantied. I would be pissed though because it is a special exception that it took 2 months. They have sent you a new one. Shit company. Every LV product I have died in days. Even so i am digging this Triade while it lasts. Knock on Wood.

LLF1968

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got my triade today. Why do i have a different usb cable? I checked the serial number in escribe so i know my triade is not a clone.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a shame to hear about all the problems that some of you have with LV products.
My Triade still works just fine and has no wear and tear issues, besides the leather darkening (which is fine), after several months of daily usage, hope it stays that way.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a shame to hear about all the problems that some of you have with LV products.
My Triade still works just fine and has no wear and tear issues, besides the leather darkening (which is fine), after several months of daily usage, hope it stays that way.
Agreed, I have a Duo and it's in my daily rotation. I like it quite a bit and I'm have no troubles whatsoever. I have friends with LV mods that also don't have any issues.

I do find it odd that one person in particular has posted numerous times every LV product they have bought has died within in days. Who in their right mid would keep buying mods from a company if they keep dying within days? It really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve,

I hope you could help me. My Triade DNA200 would not read the battery anymore. Three fully charged HG2s are in and it shows empty battery on the screen. Do you happen to know any electronics repair shop in Michigan that would be able to help?
Have you upgraded Escribe and the firmware recently? The newest version is 1.2 SP3.

For some the battery bar showed empty after that. Try hooking it up to Escribe and doing a soft reboot.

If none of that helps I would suggest opening up a ticket with Evolv. That would be chip related and they warranty it for 1 year. If you need the link, let me know and I'll send it to you via PM when I get home tonight.

PS They are located in Ohio

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would try the firmware update, if that doesn't help, I'd open a ticket with Evolv. They have excellent CS imo. Like I said in my above post, I can send you the link when I get home tonight.

PS My above post was posted too quick by accident. I had to finish it after I posted it. I'm on my phone.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From what i saw from the reviews and some pic they have a much thinner usb cable. I got this one. I dont know if lost vape changed it.

View attachment 63261
Yeah I got a different cable with my triade. It's not a round cable. It's flat and really short. I love the cable that comes with the duo. Wish they would have used the same one for the triade.

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would try the firmware update, if that doesn't help, I'd open a ticket with Evolv. They have excellent CS imo. Like I said in my above post, I can send you the link when I get home tonight.

PS My above post was posted too quick by accident. I had to finish it after I posted it. I'm on my phone.
Yeah, I saw your link and am currently opening a case with Evolve. I'll also try contacting VaporDNA (I bought my Triade from them) because as I mentioned before LV customer service is non-existent. In the meantime I'll try upgrading Escribe. I do think that something is wrong with the board though...

But to sum it up - Triade DNA200 was the worst investment I've made in vaping (well, maybe Centurion TC100 could be added to the list). For $150 device rattling battery door and 4 months of a life span is non acceptable.

Can't wait for Digiflavor/GeekVape to release their DF-D200 mod.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By the way while I was looking for the link to the update I noticed Evolv snuck in a new update on me. It's V1.2 SP4. I posted the link in the VT133 thread. I'm also going to update the Evolv thread I have here.

Cheers,
Steve

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She found herself home...... Finally and working good.......
IMAG1996.jpg
6e9cf584920b68948da01d31ea4b024b.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
For how long is the question ?

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wingsfan, just because they look so darn good. Three out of 9 still work.

If batteries don't work try to take a clean rag and rub hard the terminals and battery ends. Plus try changing battery positions and slowly rotating the top battery. Maybe dead but that is often the cause.

Manny, you should not get the storm so bad. I hope my house in Boca withstands it. Glad you finally got it. What tank is that, Manny?

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

So it didn't work. Updated firmware, performed soft reboot - no bueno. Opening a ticket with Evolve. In the meantime ordered Realeaux DNA200 for $100.

Escribe screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajfqymb8vk3u0d1/2016-10-05_182209.jpg?dl=0
Video of what's happening: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yls2t0w0uffambj/2016-10-05 18.20.37.avi?dl=0

Let's hope Evolve can help. If not - fuck LV, I'm done.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would you wrap the Triade? The Realeaux DNA200 for $100 is a great deal. Where please?

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why would you wrap the Triade? The Realeaux DNA200 for $100 is a great deal. Where please?
I wrapped RX200 (had shit ton of scratches on it - now it looks like new with this great feel in your hand). Triade looks hot in wrapping too, by the way.. Plus, if you get scratches on aluminum body of the Triade - this wrap covers them perfectly.

MDJEQUVGQUYyNUE3OEExMjEyNjU6NjI0OTczYTIzMWJjYjkxNjJlYjQxMzYxN2Q3ZDVkYmM6Ojo6OjA=

I had 15% off coupon at Sweet Vapes: http://sweet-vapes.com/wismec-reuleaux-dna-200.html

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kill her again manny
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I been Vaping all day SS316 on 550 degree and 130watts...... She held up..... Now I'm hitting my RX200 on 175 watts......

Let's see which one throws in the towel first..........

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geez Manny, High enough heat and watts? Lol. That wrap does look sweet.
It's a hot Vape..... IT fires immediately at 60 to 70 watts..... At 150 watts 1 or 2 seconds mouth to lounge...... Clouds and flavor are there.......
IMAG1981_1.jpgIMAG1961_1.jpg

Here is a smaller I made for the aromamizer supreme...... It's ohming at .14
IMAG1974_1.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As i said before, You build very good. Why not get a quad deck? Actually, I think that is?
I have built a quad before on the modfather..... I'm thinking on putting (2) six wraps on top and 8 wrap on bottom......
But they won't fit at 4.5 mm circumference I have to go down to 3.5mm or 3mm......

These are 4.5mm in diameter

431677f6d06867370649f6055d051318.jpg

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve,

I hope you could help me. My Triade DNA200 would not read the battery anymore. Three fully charged HG2s are in and it shows empty battery on the screen. Do you happen to know any electronics repair shop in Michigan that would be able to help?
I sent mine to the repair center and it's functioning way better after they installed a new board...... Working awesomely !!!!
IMAG2003_1_1.jpgIMAG1997.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, my second one is the shiznit! I guess these are just hit or miss. For the price it is a gamble i guess. It is indeed nicer than the Wismec. I was just pissed mine broke and went off.

If no contact on mods with buttons. Clean all contacts with a clean rag. Then clean the ends of the batteries. I have to do that like every third time on these type of mods. So much current they get a film on them. Works for me every time. This thing is nice after all. The second time around.

I have no plans for the 250. Wait until a new technology is out.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, my second one is the shiznit! I guess these are just hit or miss. For the price it is a gamble i guess. It is indeed nicer than the Wismec. I was just pissed mine broke and went off.

If no contact on mods with buttons. Clean all contacts with a clean rag. Then clean the ends of the batteries. I have to do that like every third time on these type of mods. So much current they get a film on them. Works for me every time. This thing is nice after all. The second time around.

I have no plans for the 250. Wait until a new technology is out.
Told you. I wasn't lying. There waayyy better than the wismec dna200.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No kidding..... You have to understand i was not thinking about this mod but $200+ smackers. In working form, yes indeed it is way better! You guy's sold me.

It is like the build quality of the SX Mini but with the better(IMO) DNA 200! This is my favorite production mod now. It is not a custom Stab wood but pretty close at 1/3rd the price.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I get how you felt. I would be mad to if I spent 200 bucks and it stoped working but it's not common. I know at least 8 owners of the triade and no one has had a problem. But I have read of a few dying on this forum. With any mass produced mod there are always duds. Glad you came around and like your new triade.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I get how you felt. I would be mad to if I spent 200 bucks and it stoped working but it's not common. I know at least 8 owners of the triade and no one has had a problem. But I have read of a few dying on this forum. With any mass produced mod there are always duds. Glad you came around and like your new triade.
Mine is strong after arriving from the repair center....... I'm just starting to loose the paint...
IMAG2007_1.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny, I thought you said all the paint came off before you sent it in? I have used this one a lot and not lost any paint yet. Probably lucky. The Wismec does feel more solid. The LV is nicer, and I like the 510 platform much better. However the 510 itself is not much better. Not spring loaded. A fucking grommet job too. These Chinese will cut corners anywhere they can. Think about it, a real good 510 is like $20. No way they are putting that. Overall the LV is nicer but the Wismec has more heft. Which can actually be a bad thing. It is fucking heavy. A tiny amount of paint came off the Wismec but I can mix and touched it up perfectly. It's a tossup I guess. I give the LV 4/5 and the Wismec 3.5/5. 5 would be like a custom Stab wood mod from a top builder and cost a grand. So, either is doing good.

If your hands are not sweaty and you just pat juice with a tissue paint should not chip. Don't drop it!

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a fyi....The reverse polarity rings/circles are removed on the Triade Dna250:D

Capture.JPG

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just a fyi....The reverse polarity rings/circles are removed on the Triade Dna250:D

View attachment 63587
I have removed these rings manually myself. That actually voided my warranty; however, I found Nymbus Vape - these guys repair mods. I shipped this mod to them on Friday and was quoted $25 to fix my Triade (looks like one of the contacts is loose and that's what causing mod not to read the battery).

LV support is useless anyway.

Last edited:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So you took apart your battery sled and fucked up your battery contacts. Sorry to hear that! Why would you want LV have to pay for your mistake?

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So you took apart your battery sled and fucked up your battery contacts. Sorry to hear that! Why would you want LV have to pay for your mistake?
Well, first of all I didn't say I wanted LV to pay for anything. Secondly, I did not took my battery sled apart - these rings could be easily pulled out without disassembling your device. And finally, I took these rings out after numerous failed attempts to get a hold of LV support either by phone or email. So yeah, their support is useless.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, first of all I didn't say I wanted LV to pay for anything. Secondly, I did not took my battery sled apart - these rings could be easily pulled out without disassembling your device. And finally, I took these rings out after numerous failed attempts to get a hold of LV support either by phone or email. So yeah, their support is useless.

I also own a Triade. There is no damn way you're going to remove the rings without removing removing the battery sled.
Glad you're paying for your mistake:cheers:

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I also own a Triade. There is no damn way you're going to remove the rings without removing removing the battery sled.
Glad you're paying for your mistake:cheers:
It's actually easy to pull them out. All you need is a hook. These rings are not part of the battery compartment - they're separate plastic things. No need to get hostile, bruh. Nobody's paying for any mistakes. The reason why one of the contacts got loose was because Triade got dropped. But if you want to attack people - then I'll just wish you to get your device f'd up so you would have to deal with LV support. :) @MannyScoot knows what's up.
Guess you did that because it was a bitch to get those batteries in and out, but all you needed was a little patience.
After about 2 months of use the contact springs got weaker and now I can easily pull the batteries out and put them back in.
You're absolutely correct. Patience, unfortunately, is not my strongest side :D

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny, I thought you said all the paint came off before you sent it in? I have used this one a lot and not lost any paint yet. Probably lucky. The Wismec does feel more solid. The LV is nicer, and I like the 510 platform much better. However the 510 itself is not much better. Not spring loaded. A fucking grommet job too. These Chinese will cut corners anywhere they can. Think about it, a real good 510 is like $20. No way they are putting that. Overall the LV is nicer but the Wismec has more heft. Which can actually be a bad thing. It is fucking heavy. A tiny amount of paint came off the Wismec but I can mix and touched it up perfectly. It's a tossup I guess. I give the LV 4/5 and the Wismec 3.5/5. 5 would be like a custom Stab wood mod from a top builder and cost a grand. So, either is doing good.

If your hands are not sweaty and you just pat juice with a tissue paint should not chip. Don't drop it!
The paint is coming of on different spots, it came off on the door and where your hand touches , it's like a rubber style paint and it doesn't stick well to the metal, or the metal wasn't sanded or prepped well enough for the paint to stick.....IMAG2007_1.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 250 is in stock at our favorite Vapor Joes. It says it has Mechanical and Electronic reverse polarity protection per the ad copy from LV. We cannot be sure until someone actually has one in hand and reports. Knowing the Chinese, who knows. I saw another picture showing "250" and battery loops. We currently have no way of knowing. Otherwise, yes than I would get the 250. Or I could just remove mine as they just pull out. A good idea to leave them in place but I am unlikely to reverse them. As said they do get looser and if you put them in correctly it is no big deal. You do not need to remove the battery sled though even though i certainly can and have. I do not recommend doing that though.

VU Sponsors