Become a Patron!

LOST VAPE TRIADE DNA200

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
According to the Evolv spec sheet, the 250 comes with reverse polarity protection, so those "manual reverse polarity protection" rings are not required.
"If you are manufacturing a device that is designed to be used with three individual replaceable 18650 cells, the DNA250 now offers reverse polarity protection."

from https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250.pdf

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to this picture of the new Triade DNA250's at Ecig there are no rings. It makes sense since they aren't needed.
lost_vape_therion_dna250_4a.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'll be able to confirm this when I get home from work sense mine has already been delivered :vapemail:

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to the Evolv spec sheet, the 250 comes with reverse polarity protection, so those "manual reverse polarity protection" rings are not required.
"If you are manufacturing a device that is designed to be used with three individual replaceable 18650 cells, the DNA250 now offers reverse polarity protection."

from https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250.pdf
My Triade after it arrived from the Lost Cape repair center, I can put the batteries wrong and I get a check batteries warning ???

I put them in wrong several times after getting ducked up and she still works fine......
IMAG2006_1.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I shorted the batteries and it sparked, fuse blown. Maybe they installed protection for you but i doubt it. The DNA 200 does not have reverse polarity protection without the daughter board which LV does not use. I cannot put my batteries in backwards with the rings. Strange. 250 is a lot. Then why not just get the Smok 400 watt. Who vapes at these wastages? Maybe Manny Lol.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I swear on my mother-in-laws grave....... I have put the batteries wrong 3 or 4 times on that biotch and it tells me to check batteries.......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You pick the mother of your crazy ex to swear on Lol. Is it possible they upgraded you to a 250? turn it all the way and see how high it goes! please, in the name of science. does it still have the hoops? if so you are damn strong. I have trouble getting them in the correct way! I am not sure I wish to repeat this until you confirm it is not a 250 in there Lol. However the way I shorted the first one was different than reverse polarity. I dead shorted the cells.I am damn lucky that Motherfucker blew on my ass. Or my face might have looked like my ass!

If this is true remove the fucking rings and forget the 250. Well for you, Manny you might actually use the full 250! Tu estas loco! Just kidding my man.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You pick the mother of your crazy ex to swear on Lol. Is it possible they upgraded you to a 250? turn it all the way and see how high it goes! please, in the name of science. does it still have the hoops? if so you are damn strong. I have trouble getting them in the correct way! I am not sure I wish to repeat this until you confirm it is not a 250 in there Lol. However the way I shorted the first one was different than reverse polarity. I dead shorted the cells.I am damn lucky that Motherfucker blew on my ass. Or my face might have looked like my ass!

If this is true remove the fucking rings and forget the 250. Well for you, Manny you might actually use the full 250! Tu estas loco! Just kidding my man.
Nope .... 200 watts...... Maybe the home boy rigged it so I wouldn't fry the bitch again ?
IMAG2014_1.jpg

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That is weird. According to the Triade instruction manual (put my glasses on to be sure I was reading it correctly) the only battery warning listed is 'Weak Battery". Granted, there's been a firmware update from Evolv after that was printed, but still unless they added the daughter board, it shouldn't have that polarity protection. Regardless, glad it's working well, and congrats on somehow getting polarity protection.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is weird. According to the Triade instruction manual (put my glasses on to be sure I was reading it correctly) the only battery warning listed is 'Weak Battery". Granted, there's been a firmware update from Evolv after that was printed, but still unless they added the daughter board, it shouldn't have that polarity protection. Regardless, glad it's working well, and congrats on somehow getting polarity protection.
It tells me (Check Batteries)...... I just got it back last week from the Triade Repair center...... I guess it knows if a battery I put in wrong....... Because it was only one..... Maybe I should put in all (3) wrong to see if it fries it....

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny, you want to do it and show the screen here? Totally up to you. I certainly do not want you to break it again. Quite frankly I wouldn't......but if you want to cool.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It shows now DNA200 and doesn't do anything..... I've tried several ways but nothing fries....... When I push the button it says simply DNA200......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny breaking shit again!!!
Ok ok
The hcigar dna250 is a Lip0?

The problem I see it's Like all the other DNA200 with lipos, they drain the batteries super fast...... And then they screw you with a larger Lipo and the thing still drains fast..... Then a 3s and then a 4s...... Your getting fucked buying shit then you want to trade or sell so you can get fucked some more......

I feel like people like and want to be fucked..... Over and over again......

The only happy people I see are the Vt133 people....... Haven't found one yet that says I got fucked....

14374450_332407087110776_3319185245000957952_n.jpg

It does look Nice, maybe i should get fucked again.......

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem I see it's Like all the other DNA200 with lipos, they drain the batteries super fast...... And then they screw you with a larger Lipo and the thing still drains fast..... Then a 3s and then a 4s...... Your getting fucked buying shit then you want to trade or sell so you can get fucked some more......

I feel like people like and want to be fucked..... Over and over again......

The only happy people I see are the Vt133 people....... Haven't found one yet that says I got fucked....

View attachment 63814

It does look Nice, maybe i should get fucked again.......

It looks like 3 26650

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Were are you guys ordering them from???? Link?

Been looking for them and Duo covers.....
Ebay just search triade battery cover, should be first listing. As for duo covers, try vaporskinz.com

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, well all the paint just jumped off mine. Sonofabitch! I do not really want to get the 250 because this is just bullshit. Cheap chinese crap. Rather spend $650 for a good custom. Fuckit. That cat is very funny but that is photoshopped. I know a whole lot about felines and a cats tail cannot do that Lol.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guy's here is a poll of sorts! What color should I electroplate or anodize this bitch? Electroplate is metal colors like gold,silver;platinum, Nickle Etc. Anodize as you know can be many colors. I am lucky I have access to that equipment. My buddy works the 3rd shift in a metal fab plant. I can sneak in there and he can fix me right up. I have to give him the bare body though he can't get caught sitting there dismantling it Lol. It is a Motherfucker to take this one apart too. I tell you one thing I solder it back better than those Chinese 8 year old slave girls.will put 14AWG too. Honestly the 510 is bullshit grommet on this one too but it looks nicer. They are so cheap they can't use a real pin with a spring. Bastards. I am already having problems with the battery contacts too but I can fix that as well. As I said this is all just cheap shit. Instead of throw away Three of these buy a custom! Actually, that is what I think Triade really means.....You throw away Three of them before you decide to get a custom Lol.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, paint starting to peel off mine. Pretty lame. Anyone purchased a wrap for their Triade? I just want to cover the darker gray portion (ie not the lighter grey where the buttons are, and not the battery door of course). There's so many choices on these wrap sites, it's super hard to make a choice. :blah:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was watching a video review from Advanced vape supply and he uses a Triad in his videos. The last video he posted his Triade has all the paint coming off like Manny's. I am glad I sold mine, stuff like that bothers me especially when you are spending over $100.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That sucks. I was actually saving up to get the triade 250. Fuck that. I'm not spending that type of money so it can look like shit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was watching a video review from Advanced vape supply and he uses a Triad in his videos. The last video he posted his Triade has all the paint coming off like Manny's. I am glad I sold mine, stuff like that bothers me especially when you are spending over $100.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That's a RX200S he uses. There is very little paint on a Triade:cheers:

lost-vape-triade-4.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Paint failed. Two days later second unit failed. Then my Crown II is busted. I am no longer going to diss particular companies or their products. I am sending out a big diss to Chinese cheap shit that they jack up the Motherfucking price 500% in the western world. Fuck those motherfuckers. Again, not based on race at all. I am not a racist. It is based on the quality of all of this shit they are making. Nothing against Chinese people. In fact I feel sorry for them. Many Chinese workers are children and/or in slavery. It is that country that sucks not the human beings. I would have to say N. Korea is a lot fucking worse though. Luckily we do not trade with them. Again, it is not the people there either it is the Dictator. I honestly like some Russian goods but they are the same crap. Communism sucks!

There is certainly very little paint on the Triade. Like none now Lol. At least the undercoat is a similar color amazingly. What the fuck kind of metal is that or a Primer. Aluminum and zink don't look like that shit.

Here is an interesting joke. Ecigs may in fact be deadly to our health because anything goes in China. If they were made in the US I bet they would be harmless. The strange thing is YiHi can pull off good mods but just cannot compete with DNA. I am surprised Evolv sells to these companies. It tarnishes their name. Of course Hana made in USA was crap as well go figure. If you get the right custom it should be sweet though.

BTW, in Lost Vapes email for RMA it states repair may take up to Six weeks. Manny certainly found out. Plus they will not fix their crap paint.

Okay, I am done complaining.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well apparently he has a both, this is the video I am referring too and I have seen it in other video's, I own a RX200S and use to own the Triade so it is easy to tell the difference between the 2.

I guess he does lol. I take good care of my mods :cheers: Edit..I purchased the Beast. I hope it's not as bad as he says it is!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess he does lol. I take good care of my mods :cheers: Edit..I purchased the Beast. I hope it's not as bad as he says it is!

Lol, on the Beast, I bought one too, the price was so cheap I figured why not. More looking forward to the black Calypso I have on the way as well, ever since Ej posted the pic of it on his VT75 I have wanted one for myself.

I take good care of my mods as well and my Triade was flawless when I sold it. When I saw the paint chip problem on some I looked at mine really closely and could see spots were the paint was a little bit bubbled, wasn't like that when new and I really looked it over then. I had it for about 3 months, bought in late June from ecig.com.

I was going to sell it anyway as form factor wise I don't use my RX200S as much as my other mods and the Triade was getting the same little use as time went on. When I saw that the paint may be an issue it accelerated the sale.

I really hope yours stays in excellent condition, never had a problem with mine and that new DNA250 chip has me jonesing for a new mod

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, on the Beast, I bought one too, the price was so cheap I figured why not. More looking forward to the black Calypso I have on the way as well, ever since Ej posted the pic of it on his VT75 I have wanted one for myself.

I take good care of my mods as well and my Triade was flawless when I sold it. When I saw the paint chip problem on some I looked at mine really closely and could see spots were the paint was a little bit bubbled, wasn't like that when new and I really looked it over then. I had it for about 3 months, bought in late June from ecig.com.

I was going to sell it anyway as form factor wise I don't use my RX200S as much as my other mods and the Triade was getting the same little use as time went on. When I saw that the paint may be an issue it accelerated the sale.

I really hope yours stays in excellent condition, never had a problem with mine and that new DNA250 chip has me jonesing for a new mod

If i had my choice, I would have purchased a Dna250 Efusion Duo. If these China made mods aren't made out of High quality Aluminum, there always going to peel. It's just a matter of time :cheers: But for 110.00 for the new Dna250 i just couldn't resist:D

BTW...I also sold my Triade 200 this weekend for 110.00. Love Craigslist !!

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well, it's not a 250 Triade, but thanks to the release of the 250, new backs are available that fit the 200 as well. Unfortunately they seem to sell out in minutes, but I was able to score a new black leather cover for my 200 Triade (original was red leather still in perfect shape). Decided I'll stick a black OBS Engine on it.
Case and black Engine.jpg

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I use this just about every day (in my home) since I purchased it the beginning of the summer, and my paint is still perfect. Not even evidence of wearing on the bottom.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So far I'm loving the 250. Still wish the battery doors were easier to come by, everywhere I've found either needs wholesale quantities or is sold out..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors