Become a Patron!

LOST VAPE TRIADE DNA200

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was watching a video review from Advanced vape supply and he uses a Triad in his videos. The last video he posted his Triade has all the paint coming off like Manny's. I am glad I sold mine, stuff like that bothers me especially when you are spending over $100.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I guess that's the downside to a macro lens :D I got in the habit of carrying that triade everywhere. But I'm going to try to keep my 250 for videos only so it stays pristine..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got rid of the paint and nice chrome under the pain.....IMG_20161021_155908.jpgIMG_20161021_155852.jpgIMG_20161021_155818.jpg
22c68ff692e1a8417878b43e15c5af3d.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That's the chrome under the finish? Looks nicer than even the intact finish. Or did you take that somewhere to have the metal processed/polished/whatever was done?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Motherfucker. I just fixed another one. I put in brand new HG2's and it ripped the fuckers. It had not ben ripping others, had loosened up. I gues I have to get the 250. I am not going to fuck around though. Before I even use it I will dismantle it, strip the paint and electroplate it platinum over brass. that gives a real nice look. It will be a while though. First have to get a 250 cheap, wait for it then in the shop a couple weeks. This thing is a love-hate relationship of mine.

how did you do that though manny? The door and the 510 platform? You would have trashed those if you left the 510 on and did not protect the leather. I can't imagine you are just that lucky sanding not to hit those items. Speak up sir!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My springs got softer so it doesn't rip batteries and I got rid of the paint.... Now I polish her once a week with car polish.....
IMG_20161023_042737.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Motherfucker. I just fixed another one. I put in brand new HG2's and it ripped the fuckers. It had not ben ripping others, had loosened up. I gues I have to get the 250. I am not going to fuck around though. Before I even use it I will dismantle it, strip the paint and electroplate it platinum over brass. that gives a real nice look. It will be a while though. First have to get a 250 cheap, wait for it then in the shop a couple weeks. This thing is a love-hate relationship of mine.

how did you do that though manny? The door and the 510 platform? You would have trashed those if you left the 510 on and did not protect the leather. I can't imagine you are just that lucky sanding not to hit those items. Speak up sir!
Dremmel could do magic...but after scratching the old paint with my finger nail for days I finalised the project with the sand paper.
5bd3a41047bd73ce9654d054a818fa0e.jpg
0f425beb18fbf86080c4610549c8e8dc.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I polish a little bit every day... She gets nicer and nicer Every polishing....
IMG_20161023_201312.jpg

I just hit her again and she's getting really shiny
acbaf2139b63f0cb9432098d07005464.jpg

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow manny, that looks great. I like it better than the paint, if I still had mine I would probably look forward to the paint coming off

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dayum Manny that looks sweet. I would fuck that up royally. My 250 just has a strip missing on one side. That is fine with me. Then to trash the leather and everything.

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does it have a beard trimmer?
Can you take a picture next to the triade?

You know, I was concerned about the looks of it myself, but once I got it and saw it in person - it looks freaking awesome. And both SS and black tanks look astonishing on it. Plus, it feels extremely comfy in your palm.

I'll take pictures next to Triade when I get home, but VT250 is clearly taller (not much tho) and wider.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn this sucka rocks... And build quality is way better than Triade's...

YLb9D3F.jpg
I'm not use to seeing people saying Hcigar has way better build quality than Lost Vape. I have plenty of both brands including two Triade 250's. I think the build quality on all my Lost Vape mods is great. Just out of curiosity why do you say the VT250 build quality is way better than the Triade.250? In what way(s) is it way better? It certainly looks bigger!

Cheers,
Steve

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not use to seeing people saying Hcigar has way better build quality than Lost Vape. I have plenty of both brands including two Triade 250's. I think the build quality on all my Lost Vape mods is great. Just out of curiosity why do you say the VT250 build quality is way better than the Triade.250? In what way(s) is it way better? It certainly looks bigger!

Cheers,
Steve

As you might remember I've had a terrible experience with LV's battery compartment and battery door. For $150 device this is unacceptable. You're having hard times to put the batteries in, the door rattles like motherfucker, leather gets scratched real fast, the paint peels off in no time. On top of that, on my Triade the charging port was not centered and had a little tilt and I had gaps between panels.

With VT250 - no issues right off the bat. Batteries are coming in and out easily, battery door is rock solid, I tried to scratch the paint with the key - no issues, and this silver plate around 510 is centered which makes all tanks look nice.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You must have got a bad Triade, my two Triade 250's still look as good as the day I bought them. No rattles, leather and Ostrich are great.

The only mods I've ever had that had paint come off was one of my VT133's. I had no problem with that because it's my work mods and took a beating. It's mostly the Black on the bottom (a little on the side as well).

With those types of battery doors (VT133, Therion, Finder, Triade), if I notice they are a little loose I give them a little squeeze when they off the mods.

Here's a few pictures I just took.
Hcigar VT200, VT133, VT133, Lost Vape Duo, Therion 167, Triade 250, Triade 250
IMG_20170106_105905_zps1hjpdryg.jpg
IMG_20170106_105900_zpshqfitxbk.jpg

Closeup of the Lost Vape mods
IMG_20170106_105824_zpstw27nhkj.jpg

Closeup of the Hcigar Mods (notice the edge and near the bottom of the Blue VT133)
IMG_20170106_105839_zpsmmckcffq.jpg

Bottom of the VT133
img_20160914_104258-jpg.62334
img_20160914_104327-jpg.62335

PS I'm in no way ripping the VT133. As you probably know my VT133's have been some of my all time favorite mods. I used the living crap out of that mod. It still works as good as the day I bought it.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You must have got a bad Triade, my two Triade 250's still look as good as the day I bought them. No rattles, leather and Ostrich are great.

The only mods I've ever had that had paint come off was one of my VT133's. I had no problem with that because it's my work mods and took a beating. It's mostly the Black on the bottom (a little on the side as well).

With those types of battery doors (VT133, Therion, Finder, Triade), if I notice they are a little loose I give them a little squeeze when they off the mods.

PS I'm in no way ripping the VT133. As you probably know my VT133's have been some of my all time favorite mods. I used the living crap out of that mod. It still works as good as the day I bought it.

Cheers,
Steve

True that. I'm judging based on my personal experience with LV. As far as I remember @MannyScoot had the same problem with paint peeling off. I just really like VT250 at this point. It might be too early to make definitive rationale about it. But so far - it meets all my expectations and exceeds them.

I seen this post and taped all the parts I didn't want polished got some 1000grit to 2500grit then finshed it off with metal polish and this is what I came out with very simple you can also have a friend that paint cars to paint it whatever color you like even have them match the stock color with a few coats of clear

Attachments

• 14948599734541446421715.jpg
    14948599734541446421715.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 14948600305122034079802.jpg
    14948600305122034079802.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 1494860069765-1756218516.jpg
    1494860069765-1756218516.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 24

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have one Lost vape mod, the original Efusion, and I think it is a great mod.

It seems well built, the finish is good apart from where I dropped it and scuffed a bit of the paint, apart from that it has held up really well. It is one of my favourite DNA200's, although I do wish I had waited for the Efusion Duo if I had known it was coming out at the time- two 30Q's would suit me better than the 1300MAH Li-Po and last me longer at the wattage I run- 133W is more than enough for me, and the 200/250 is overkill but nice to know it is there.

I have the Wismec DNA200 instead of the Triade- I bought this fairly early when there was the screen shortage of DNA200's, and the RX200 had just been released. I remember it was so hard to get hold of one, one shop I had a preorder with phoned me to apologise as they received a box of RX200's instead of DNA200's, this was when I chose the Efusion instead.

The Triade is one nice looking mod though. If I didn't have so many mods I would love to add one to the collection.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but didn't want to start a new one.

I just received a clone Mod Father, both out of curiosity to try a 30mm RTA, and also as a good reason to pull my Triade out of retirement. For the life of me, though, I can't remember how to switch between wattage and power. I figured out how to switch between the preset modes, but now that I've got it on the correct SS316L, I can't figure out how to switch between wattage and temp to finish getting it set up. Please help! :eek::oops:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but didn't want to start a new one.

I just received a clone Mod Father, both out of curiosity to try a 30mm RTA, and also as a good reason to pull my Triade out of retirement. For the life of me, though, I can't remember how to switch between wattage and power. I figured out how to switch between the preset modes, but now that I've got it on the correct SS316L, I can't figure out how to switch between wattage and temp to finish getting it set up. Please help! :eek::oops:
I think its, when the lock is on, holding power and up or power and down. Might be mistaken on that though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think its, when the lock is on, holding power and up or power and down. Might be mistaken on that though

Thanks, just tried it. But power+down is stealth mode, and power+up is for locking ohms.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. Ya I had just found it online. When locked, hold both the plus and minus buttons.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks, just tried it. But power+down is stealth mode, and power+up is for locking ohms.
I just double checked. Turn the lock on, then hold up and down. You can change the temp and keep scrolling to "off"

It's also probably easier though to just go to power mode profile.

Super stoked about the Triade! I got me the black kevlar in red panels from element vape coming in. Going to be a great addition to my Paranormal and the orion pod system that is on order as well.
3UWYD4X.jpg

VU Sponsors