Become a Patron!

LOST VAPE TRIADE DNA200

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm also wondering how well the leather holds up to normal hand contact when using it.
My yellow one usually spends its time in the box. While my red one I carry it around everywhere. It's a month old and no wear anywhere except the bottom rim where it gets slid a lot. Otherwise it looks just like you just removed it from the box. They are actually smaller around than the Reuleaux (I have two RX200 and two DNA200). As the Reuleaux silicon sleeve fits loose around the Triade and all of the cutouts almost line up perfectly except the vent holes.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So people are liking the Triade, huh? Does anyone own, or have seen in person the 3 colors side by side? Going off of photos online, they all look nice, and I'm having trouble deciding which to go with. :xD:
For a DNA200 newb like me the Triade is a godsend, it already comes configured with presets . Luckily there are good dudes around here like Steve who helped me set up my VT133. I'm in like with the VT133 but i am in red hot sexy lust with the Triade, if it had realistic love openings i would be tempted

I got the red but saw the brown at a vape shop and it is nice, red for me though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a DNA200 newb like me the Triade is a godsend, it already comes configured with presets . Luckily there are good dudes around here like Steve who helped me set up my VT133. I'm in like with the VT133 but i am in red hot sexy lust with the Triade, if it had realistic love openings i would be tempted [emoji7]

I got the red but saw the brown at a vape shop and it is nice, red for me though.

Be careful of those glowing Clapton coils. You don't want to burn any sensitive areas. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just received my red one yesterday and man is it a looker. I love this thing. The red leather is a little weathered and vintage looking. I loved the form factor of my rx200 so of course I love the shape of the triade. I just ordered another one in red yesterday before ecig.com sells out. With 10% off coupon code it was 112.50 shipped. Killer deal.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if it is a good idea to use a leather conditioner or something like that on it? I just want to make sure it stays all nice and purdy.

I did hook it up to escribe and it connected and downloaded settings but when I looked at the different profiles they were not the same. I panicked and hit the disconnect button, I love the way it is set-up already so didn't want to mess anything up. It already has a SS430 and SS304 profile in it....sweet. Not only is it sexy as fuck but for a DNA200 newb like me the way it is set-up is a HUGE advantage over other DNA200's.

I am still leary to hook it up to escribe though, shouldn't the profiles be the same as what's on the mod when you connect and download settings? What am I doing wrong?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if it is a good idea to use a leather conditioner or something like that on it? I just want to make sure it stays all nice and purdy.

I did hook it up to escribe and it connected and downloaded settings but when I looked at the different profiles they were not the same. I panicked and hit the disconnect button, I love the way it is set-up already so didn't want to mess anything up. It already has a SS430 and SS304 profile in it....sweet. Not only is it sexy as fuck but for a DNA200 newb like me the way it is set-up is a HUGE advantage over other DNA200's.

I am still leary to hook it up to escribe though, shouldn't the profiles be the same as what's on the mod when you connect and download settings? What am I doing wrong?
When you first open Escribe you should get the factory settings from Evolv. Now if you had a different mod hooked up you will see the settings from that one. If you get a mod that's configured already a good idea before making changes is to hook it up to Escribe. Click on OK in the connect popup screen (Now you will see the settings on that mod) Then click on file at the top left hand corner of Escribe, then click on Save As and name it something like Triade Factory Settings.. That will save the settings so if you make changes you don't like, you can always go back and load your saved Ecig file to get back to the way it came. After I'm done configuring my mods I always save the Ecig file so I have it just in case I need it.

Cheers,
Steve

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Steve.

I did connect it the first time just how you showed but must have done something wrong as all 8 profiles had nickel listed as the coil material. I just did it again and now it came out right and I saved the settings like you said. Super Steve to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I am going to make any changes though as it is working like a Ninja Assassin. It even has NIFE30 in one of the profiles, I had to google it to find out what it is.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's always that
RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS...

VAPE ON

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Steve.

I did connect it the first time just how you showed but must have done something wrong as all 8 profiles had nickel listed as the coil material. I just did it again and now it came out right and I saved the settings like you said. Super Steve to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I am going to make any changes though as it is working like a Ninja Assassin. It even has NIFE30 in one of the profiles, I had to google it to find out what it is.
I always think it's a good practice to save the Ecig file when you get it the way you like it. That way in case you have a memory wipe or if the chip takes a dump on you and you have to send it to Evolv to have a new chip installed (I've never had that happen, but nothing is perfect). Then you can just load the Ecig file and be back up and running in no time. YMMV.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if you've been asked before, are you gonna get the triade?
If no.! WHY?
I will appreciate your input..
Thanks Steve..

VAPE ON
I'm thinking about it. I think it's a sharp looking mod, good build quality (love the 510 placement), configured by the factory (always a plus even though I would probably end up changing it lol). The only thing that has stopped me is that I'm just not a big fan of 3 x 18650 mods. I have the DNA200 Reuleaux and I found it not to be pocket friendly and a little on the heavy side (just personal preference). If you like the RX200 form factor than I think this is an upgrade in just about every way imaginable.

Cheers,
Steve

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking about it. I think it's a sharp looking mod, good build quality (love the 510 placement), configured by the factory (always a plus even though I would probably end up changing it lol). The only thing that has stopped me is that I'm just not a big fan of 3 x 18650 mods. I have the DNA200 Reuleaux and I found it not to be pocket friendly and a little on the heavy side (just personal preference). If you like the RX200 form factor than I think this is an upgrade in just about every way imaginable.

Cheers,
Steve
If this triade was a 1300 mah Lipo, MAN OH MAN
thanks steve

VAPE ON

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Luckily for me, I love two and three 18650 DNA mods! :inlove:And if you measure around the mod, the Triade is actually smaller around than the Reuleaux or the VT133. The VT133 is actually larger around than the other two. The Triade is easier on the pocket than the Reuleaux. I am not sure why? Maybe that leather helps a bit in your pocket. :confused:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Luckily for me, I love two and three 18650 DNA mods! :inlove:And if you measure around the mod, the Triade is actually smaller around than the Reuleaux or the VT133. The VT133 is actually larger around than the other two. The Triade is easier on the pocket than the Reuleaux. I am not sure why? Maybe that leather helps a bit in your pocket. :confused:
Hmmm.....

VAPE ON
The VT133 is quite a bit thinner than the Reuleaux which makes it easier to pocket imo (Lighter too). I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the 3 x 18650 form factor and they feel very good in hand. It's just my personal preference. YMMV

L to R VT133, DNA200 Reuleaux
IMG_20160709_165202_zpsmcjuvv5x.jpg

Last edited:

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VT133 is quite a bit thinner than the Reuleaux which makes it easier to pocket imo (Lighter too). I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the 3 x 18650 form factor and they feel very good in hand. It's just my personal preference. YMMV
Yup that is true, but it measures larger all the way around. Although the VT133 is more pocket friendly.

Weight (all four have a Subtank Plus mounted with 7ml of juice - well the Reuleaux looks more like 6.5ml of juice)
379g = VT133
413g = Triade
414g = Reuleaux DNA200
429g = Reuleaux DNA200 with silicon sleeve

I don't know, they are all on the heavy side. :cheers:

307g = DX200 (red) with Boreas
311g = DX200 (black) with Supreme

I just had the scale out so I threw those two on there too.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the G2 and xXx is still my first love. There different animals but both the 2 best chips on the market bar none.

F

fckaugust8th

With the G2s, the Slice and now the Triade, the RX200s are being pushed in the back row. I'm tempted to get the FSK chip and make my own box but that's a project that will have to wait.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now I'm having a huge problem with the Triade....It is too purdy to carry around.
I'm with you on that one. I don't wanna take it anywhere because it's to damn pretty to get scratched up or drop. Thats why I ordered another triad, so I can have one for the house and one to take out.. lol. That's how I justified buying two.:teehee:

F

fckaugust8th

To answer ej, the DNA 200 is a great chip, no doubt about it but the FSK chip is no slouch either. The learning curve is different for each but the DNA 200 takes quite a bit more learning. The FSK, xXx mode is your friend, you can throw any wire or mix of wires at it and it works. Granted, once you setup your profiles in Escribe and load them in your mod, you're good to go, but getting there takes some doing. At least it does for me because I like to know the why and how of things.
Besides all that, the G2 is brick house solid and given my propensity to drop things....

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To answer ej, the DNA 200 is a great chip, no doubt about it but the FSK chip is no slouch either. The learning curve is different for each but the DNA 200 takes quite a bit more learning. The FSK, xXx mode is your friend, you can throw any wire or mix of wires at it and it works. Granted, once you setup your profiles in Escribe and load them in your mod, you're good to go, but getting there takes some doing. At least it does for me because I like to know the why and how of things.
Besides all that, the G2 is brick house solid and given my propensity to drop things....
You should take the triade out and use the g2 at home or in the bathroom or something lol...

VAPE ON

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im with @Brewbear on this one. I am really digging the triade but if i could only keep one it would be the G2. There both great and the best chips on the market but with the G2 i don't have to remember which metal coil i am using since it does tc on ALL metals.
The G2 hits like a Mac truck too, great mod.
For the price of less than $60 shipped for a refurbished G2 if vaporcube still has there sale going on it is cheap enough to give it a shot.

F

fckaugust8th

@ej1024 , to each his own. I will continue to use the G2 and when (not if, cause it's a matter of time) I drop it I will not have a long face looking at a scarred mod. You may have seen the video with the G2 being run over? Dare you to do that with the Triade!:vino:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ej1024 , to each his own. I will continue to use the G2 and when (not if, cause it's a matter of time) I drop it I will not have a long face looking at a scarred mod. You may have seen the video with the G2 being run over? Dare you to do that with the Triade!:vino:
XXX

VAPE ON

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im with @Brewbear on this one. I am really digging the triade but if i could only keep one it would be the G2. There both great and the best chips on the market but with the G2 i don't have to remember which metal coil i am using since it does tc on ALL metals.
The G2 hits like a Mac truck too, great mod.
For the price of less than $60 shipped for a refurbished G2 if vaporcube still has there sale going on it is cheap enough to give it a shot.

Just out of curiosity if you are using xXx mode, do you really know at what temperature you are vaping at? I mean if I have to adjust a curve until I think it's at a certain temperature, I have no way of knowing what temp it's really at. Maybe I'm missing something. I set the DNA200 at 420F and I know I'm vaping at 420F.

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have a Hohm Wrecker G2... so I guess I am stuck using my purdy Triade out and about. :cool:

F

fckaugust8th

Here is the current reading on my Slice: 2.8V, 69.2W, 0.12Ohms, 400 deg.F. It is a very enjoyable vape and my 26650 battery lasts almost the entire day. Am I vaping at exactly 400 deg F? Probably not, but it doesn't diminish my enjoying it.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just out of curiosity if you are using xXx mode, do you really know at what temperature you are vaping at? I mean if I have to adjust a curve until I think it's at a certain temperature, I have no way of knowing what temp it's really at. Maybe I'm missing something. I set the DNA200 at 420F and I know I'm vaping at 420F.

Cheers,
Steve
Actually your were right before, I guess you can call FSK more of a taste control than temp control but it is controlling temp, you just have to wing it. I have only burned my cotton once with the FSK though. I forgot I had it set to were I usually vape SS316L and excitedly threw on my new Boreas with kanthal claptons and burned the cotton. I just was in bliss and not paying attention, totally my fault.

The truth is your adjusting FSK to what temp you like as you vape, what that is is a preference. Once you figure out what ranges work for you though it works outstanding.

Like I have said before, the DNA200 is the best chip on the market if you want accurancy. My opinion though the FSK chip is the most versatile chip out there, just for the fact that you can control kanthal. If you want to call it taste control that is fine, all I know is i can vape my cotton dry with kanthal coils and not get any burn marks. Same with SS316L and i would suppose other metals I do not use.

Don't get me wrong, I am not putting down the DNA200, it is a phenomenal board and I love the Triade and VT133 after I figured it out. What I am saying that for my vape enjoyment the FSK board is phenomenal as well, just in a different way.

As far as hard hitting in power mode both are the best of all the mods I have owned.

Before you guys put down the FSK mods you should give them a shot first. It is really important to read the G2 thread though, there is were you will learn how to properly use it. Just like the DNA200 if it is used the wrong way then it will be frustrating.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not putting fsk down
I just don't like the box mod and the skinny FONTS
if they can improve those 2 before 8/8/16 I will probably buy 2

VAPE ON

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I usually don't like spending this much on mods, but its damn sexy. Less than $120 out the door at Ecig, not bad for a purty DNA200. Also grabbed the Therion 75 at wetvapes, the 4thjuly coupon is still working.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya, I think I'll order one today too. A couple bucks cheaper via my wholesale account with ecig. Think I'll go with the red one, it is very pretty! :inlove:

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my first Triade over the weekend. But I was gone all saturday when the batteries I ordered for it (Doing one Triade with 6 HG2's and another with 30Q's for fun basically) came in. Got the batteries charged up, wicked a new SS Boreas (with gold AFC ring). Last night it was having a hard time TC'ing. Same with a build I did on a Limitless RDTA and another DNA (both on 316L). But as soon I as I woke up this morning it was running perfectly.

I will post pictures when I get home but the combo is looking fantastic. Wondering how many Boreas tanks per charge I'll get.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get over 20ml of juice per charge. :)
I already ended up putting another 5ml in the tank this morning and the batteries are just down from full. Seems like it's going to be an awesome resting at home over the weekend, never ending clouds of you favorite juice set up.

Really love the Boreas with its bottom juice tray, you notice that your out of juice but don't want to get up. Well no worries there is another ML in there that can last you another hour. Same thing on this device I can see it already. Battery is at 25%, don't want to get up from the couch. Don't worry there is still half a day left in those batteries.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors