Become a Patron!

LOST VAPE TRIADE DNA200

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it makes you feel better to believe that, then knock yourself out. The simple truth is you won't get 33 WH out of 3 HG2s (around 29-30WH depending on soft cutoff and how hard you are pushing them).. It's exactly what I said, around twice as much.
Yup, and 18650s gives you plenty of warning before they die. Lipos acts like NiCad batteries and they are working fine one minute and completely dead the next. I too have 14 lipo packs for my mods. I still like how 18650s are far better.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My posts had nothing to do with what I like best, that's just personal preference. I was speaking to runtime and that's based on fact. I'm not sure what liking something better has to do with runtimes.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not kidding unfortunately. The batteries got so loose I have to play around with them every time to get it to work. Sometimes they lose contact midvape from handling it and ir reboots. How crazy is that? First so tight it wrecks my batteries now much too loose! I can't win. This is still my favorite mod and I have over 40 counting Mech's. Including some high end customs. Yes, they are fancier but either lack a Dna200 or have Lipo's. This would be close if it had better attention to detail but what do we expect from mass produced Chinese? It is still very nice.

So mine is set at 33.3WH. Is that dangerous or something? I am not being smart I honestly don't know. The curve csv cuts off at 29.1. Is that okay?
That link might be about to come in handy darnit but Thank you BillW50. Also agreed, the usb is Evolv's fault but it is hardly a deal breaker.

Personally I cannot love Lipo's just because they tend to have a short life by me and are not readily available. If they were it would be no issue. I still think the benefit's of 18650's have been described herein.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Battery settings for the most part is cosmetic. Meaning you can set when the battery says it hits 0 and when it will display weak battery. But the device will for the most part work the same battery wise whether you enter the right data or not.

An example I ran a battery analyzer on both my devices for both HG2's and 30Q's. I was an idoit and didn't save the 30q settings to the device. When the HG2 hits 0% it is really close to dead and I get a weak battery warning. The 30Q device I get to %0 and it's still firing at full power.

Which brings up an annoyance. Anyone else notice the previously created CSV files for batteries are no longer compatible with escribe? Or maybe I am doing something wrong.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think if you mess up the curve you can cause a serious hazard? The WH as you say I have at 33.3 on HG2's it dies right when the bar is gone. So 33.3 must be right. Even though people say it is like 29WH. I have no idea. I think the curve actually controls the cutoff and the "WH" is just the display? My curve cuts off at 29.1 leaving the batteries at 3.73V.

I am just tired of playing with the batteries to make contact I guess I have to send it in.

Edit: I just realized my curve is discharging the batteries to about 3.04V. I assume that is not good at all! So apparently the curve does control how much it will discharge the battery. I guess this is not even 29.1WH then. I am just going to use the battery analyzer and be safe. The combination of ratty batteries from this thing originally and discharging them that low is a recipe for disaster. Be careful with Escribe folks.

Edit2: It appears these HG2's are just dead after a month. I have reason to think they are fake however. Originally at 33.3WH it stopped firing just as the bar was gone. Now they stop at half the bar. I think 33.3WH is reasonable for the meter. These just have to be fakes. Of course they were damaged by this mod as well. So I do not know if that plays a role in what is going on. With the curve at 29.1WH they should not discharge to 3 volts which as everyone knows is very bad.

Sorry for long post did not want to hijack the thread.

Last edited:

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Death depends on the power you need for your Atty. At 40w on .2 ohm coil my Battery analyzer came up with just above 29Wh on both HG2's and 30Q's. I am sure that if you vape at a lower setting it will fire lower. Also 2.7 is the point you don't want to go below and The lowest cutoff for a DNA is 2.9 on top of that the curve means absolutely nothing. It allows you to adjust the battery meter curve but has no affect on the actual discharge limits of the battery.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. That is very good to know. I was very worried for no reason. Honestly it is best to approach these with caution if you do not fully understand. Apparently, such as I. If you make a stupid mistake with batteries this powerful I know they will not hesitate to bite. I personally know someone whom was killed by a flashlight with 16 18650's and one shorted. Setting off a huge explosion. Even just three of them should be taken seriously. Especially in one's face. I am glad the curve does not actually control the battery, just the meter. Evolv leaving that in the software would have been not good IMO. I am also glad it is not below 2.7. I thought it was 3.5 so that is a relief.

Yes, I should have a different WH on HG2. I am running 120W on a .1 Ohm coil. I will just use the battery analyzer.

Edit: I found a solution to my other issue too. If I just tightly squeeze the batteries together in the mod they will then make proper contact. Odd, and I don't know why but it works. I also used the batery analyzer and got 31.7WH. So pretty close. I assume it changes the curve as well so I saved it.

Overall this is my favorite mod right now.

Last edited:

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the tip about the battery door Billw50, got one recently and it was rattling, squeezed it a bit and fixed.

Also thanks for the tip about saving the default file :), although it looks like they did hardcode the settings since a restore to defaults seemed to load stuff as it was with the lost vape logo etc but still felt easier pushing that button after having a backup :p.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need help from those with technical expertise.

I rewrapped my batteries as we discussed. It was working fine. I came home and it was sitting there saying "warranty service" I tried other batteries. No batteries will power it now! Luckily I know the board is fine. Since if I plug in usb with no batteries it works fine. I am assuming they have a bad solder connection on the battery sled. I would appreciate expert input before I take it apart. As I do not even know how to approach that. I do see the screws but do not want to further damage anything. I will wait for you guys to advise me please. I am sure there are folks on this board that know this stuff inside and out. I sincerely hope someone will provide help. Since I loved this mod. I know my way around electronics a small bit so I can take instructions most likely.

Thank you guy's in advance!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the Triade has little circles around the + battery posts that function as mechanical reverse polarity protection. Sometimes they can prevent the + end of the batteries from making good connection. Try wiggling/spinning the batteries to see if that's the issue.

The other thing that it could be is the on-board fuse is blown. It will still power up with the USB if it's either one of those things.

Cheers,
Steve

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. I am reasonably sure it is the fuse. it shorted yesterday which must have weakened it It is a real shame these things are so unreliable. Certainly not Evolv but the Chinese that put them together. Evolv is top notch. Every lost vape product I have is dead now. that makes 11.

First of all the DNA200 was never designed for 18650's but I really welcome it. I am certainly not trying to Troll. Just relating my experience. I would say if you do want an 18650 DNA200 mod obviously you have two choices that I know of. If you want fancy but temperamental there is the Triade. If you want plain but reliable there is the .Reuleaux Of course I am sure some had the latter break as well. You know, the little strip of leather is not such a big deal. I am now using one of my 5 Reuleaux. I have really beat on them and they have not busted on me. Perhaps just good luck with Wisemec and bad with Lost Vape. I don't know. One thing I do know is the fuse blew in less than a week due to the super tight battery tray.

If there is another 18650 DNA200 mod please advise me and I will try it as well.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wanted to mention I have been playing with the curve. It appears to me that it does in fact affect the battery behavior. Not just the meter. Of course the chip will limit it at some point though. You cannot drain it to 1 volt for instance. Which is a very good thing. If I am just completely wrong so be it.

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah i think i won't remove the batteries from mine for a while, will just charge it connected to the pc for the time being when i go to sleep, even if it's a slow charge beats mangling my batteries, lost vape wise welp i still have one of https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0272/6333/products/tan-plus-1.jpg?v=1450797626 and still works fine (though i had to take it apart including the battery tray etc and clean it using tissues / cotton swabs, didn't look like it was too much protection if any from leaks on the 510 connector so there was ejuice inside for like 6 months until i picked it up again and a lot of rust, so when i turned it on it was autofiring, hope triade doesn't let juice go down the 510 connector as easily), is there no way for you to swap yours Gorgon27? But yeah things could be better, stuff like having to hand 'mold' the battery door to not rattle shouldn't be required :p.

Only thing i changed on mine so far was the battery wh to 33.3 and the welcome logo, i like the fact they have it nicely setup from the factory, my version has kanthal mode in it etc unlike the video reviews i watched.

Edit: Looks like i spoke too early about my old lost vape mod with dna 40, plugged my kayfun on it and the wattage was going down on it's own and bam screen off :(, will have to open it again and see what's up. Just hope the triade will be more robust in eliquid proof, i never even used that mod much since was too scared of messing the wood up and had the vaporshark dna 40 too.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cannot swap it like they would always do. Reputable shop. New FDA rules prevent them as you are aware I am sure. All I can do is send it in after just Six days. I had rewrapped the batteries. So I just put them back in and prayed. Not only did it not work, it ripped the batteries again!

I want to warn you though. USB is not really the answer either. Micro USB jacks tend to have a duty cycle of about 500. That is much longer than it might seem but still. These are really disposable devices for $150. Also, juice will leak down the 510 on anything but the DNA200 at least is waterproof. Rust inside is not good though. Don't get that since these should be aluminum. Maybe not that one you have.

So our luck with Lost Vape is just YMMV I guess. I wonder what they are going to do when I send in 11 of them HAHA.

The Triade just looks very nice. For 18650's the Reuleaux gets the job done.

Oh, I am so stinking mad!

It looks very nice for production but I cannot recommend it. It is well known it rips batteries. That is not acceptable as it is dangerous. I had to have it though and it lasted Six days of frustration.

Last edited:

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah sorry i'm not from the us so didn't know that it would even mess with swappings.

And yes does seem so like it's about luck, just hope quality went up from the old dna 40 ones, but considering that i had to fix the battery door and the fact that up and down buttons have a different click (not like i'm gonna swap it for that but it's the little things) just seem to point in the direction that they don't care much about quality control, are there any other good dna 200 devices? Sort of want to buy another before it's harder to buy stuff in europe.

I'd get the tugboat but the fact the battery is soldered in is a nono for me, then there's the Aria Solara which only has a 1200mah lipo, other than that just left with the chinese ones like hcigar or custom boxes, any recommendations for a 'backup' dna 200 mod? Besides the Reuleaux ofc since i don't like the 510 connector on it.

Also the leaking/rust was on the old lost vape tan wood box mod i had not on the triade, which used a dna 40 board. Seems to have died for good will try to disassemble it and check if there's any messed up solder joint and give it a better cleaning with deoxit.

And yeah will watch out for the usb port, will be just be as gentle as i can and hope it holds up,

Cheers and hope you get things sorted out GorGon27

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah sorry i'm not from the us so didn't know that it would even mess with swappings.

And yes does seem so like it's about luck, just hope quality went up from the old dna 40 ones, but considering that i had to fix the battery door and the fact that up and down buttons have a different click (not like i'm gonna swap it for that but it's the little things) just seem to point in the direction that they don't care much about quality control, are there any other good dna 200 devices? Sort of want to buy another before it's harder to buy stuff in europe.

I'd get the tugboat but the fact the battery is soldered in is a nono for me, then there's the Aria Solara which only has a 1200mah lipo, other than that just left with the chinese ones like hcigar or custom boxes, any recommendations for a 'backup' dna 200 mod? Besides the Reuleaux ofc since i don't like the 510 connector on it.

Also the leaking/rust was on the old lost vape tan wood box mod i had not on the triade, which used a dna 40 board. Seems to have died for good will try to disassemble it and check if there's any messed up solder joint and give it a better cleaning with deoxit.

And yeah will watch out for the usb port, will be just be as gentle as i can and hope it holds up,

Cheers and hope you get things sorted out GorGon27
The FDA regs don't say you anything about not being allowed to swap out defective products for new ones. They don't say anything like that at all. I don't know what he's talking about (I'm in the USA by the way). All the regs say is no new products can be introduced to the market after 8-8-16 without their approval. He can either get an exchange or sent it into Evolv for warranty service if it's the board (the fuse is part of the board).

I have 12 different DNA mods and all of them are working perfectly. The DNA200 is a great chip. Something doesn't quite add up here.

PS There are lots of great DNA200 mods. I really like the Hcigar VT133 (dual 18650 capped at 133 watts), I have my 6th one being delivered today. There is a big thread here on that mod where you can read about it. Lavabox makes great mods as well (I have two of their DNA200's and a DNA75 from them). Vapor Shark also makes a some really nice DNA mods. That's just to name a few off the top of my head..

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Steve :), will look into lavabox and see if i can get it from europe, i saw the lavabox 75 just not the 200, but i'm sure with some searching i'll find it.

Cheers

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Steve :), will look into lavabox and see if i can get it from europe, i saw the lavabox 75 just not the 200, but i'm sure with some searching i'll find it.

Cheers
You're welcome. The Lavabox is made by Volcano (Hawaii). Vapor Shark is also a US company.

L to R Blood Red Lavabox DNA200, Blood Red Lavabox DNA75
IMG_20160812_174237_zps6vyky2yg.jpg

IMG_20160812_151548_zpsdwkw3b8y.jpg

My five VT133's. They are really nice mods and can be found for ~$80-90 on sale
IMG_20160708_141522_zpspcybyvwx.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Triade was delivered on Saturday:D. Only problem i see is the battery tray. I think i have a simple fix for that if it's becomes a bigger issue. I am really liking it so far:cheers:

FullSizeRender[2].jpg FullSizeRender[1].jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every shop in IL and WI now has a sign in the window. they read " Due to recent FDA regulations we can no longer Repair, Exchange or Replace any hardware". It also says they can no longer build coils and other stuff. I have no idea what is up with this but they will not even discuss it now.

So tonight, first I took apart the Triade then the Reuleaux. The latter has more QC it appears. Plus contrary to what everyone says it seems to have a better 510 but certainly not a great one in either. My Reuleaux's ring that prevents reverse polarity was cracked in half. That's not good. I repaired it. I was just unhappy the Reuleaux is not fancier. So I proceeded to spend the last Six hours Electroplating the front and back covers with Chrome and then .5 mil of platinum. So little because it is incredibly expensive. The Chrome supports it good. So the mod should be long gone before it wears off. All it really does is make a duller Chrome finish. I probably liked the Chrome better but wanted a little bling. I certainly hope it still works when I put it back together but I see no reason it should not. The front and back are currently in the Ultrasonic bath to remove any burrs. I will then polish them with Flitz. Should be nice. At least I think so.

If anyone knows how I can get the store to handle this please inform me. However with it ripping batteries I cannot really use it anyways. At the least that will kill the mod. At the worst it vents in my face. As there are no bottom holes. In fact there are no holes at all in the battery compartment on the Triade. Overall this thing looks the part but is poorly designed and QC stinks IMO. That is just my opinion, no one needs to feel they need to challenge me on it.

Interestingly I am currently using a Lost Vape mini Abalone. My first one was DOA. This one has lasted over 100 charges. All my other lost vape products just have dead Lipo's. Peeling off the carbon fiber is likely to wreck it. Nice with the mini is you can easily replace the battery and find one art any R/C shop. You will most likely need to put on the correct connector but takes no soldering. You can probably get that at the R/C shop as well or certainly any electronics supply. Over all it is a nicer design with a Lipo. The triade of course the batteries are easy to come by but my fuse blew due to a ripped battery wrapper. I had rewrapped them but they ripped again causing the short upon insertion. Looks wise I prefer it to the Reuleaux. Even though now mine is customized. As for design and QC it leaves a lot to be desired. The bottom line is none of these last. LavaBox is made in China. As with most Lip mods my Lipo died in it. Easy to replace in that as well though.Hana was not great and Afaik now gone anyways. I have had the rubber wear off Three Vapor Sharks treating them gently. You just can't win. I much prefer 18650's to Lipo. The real duty cycle of Lipo IMO is akin to that of an 18650. Then you have to go looking for them. Although easy to find on the internet, rarely locally.

Even my mods such as Variant and Top Hat have flaws but of course soldering etc is much better. I am not sure if you were looking to spend that anyways. So I guess as a backup I would recommend the Lost Vape mini. The board is from Evolv so should be fine. The battery is easily replaceable. Especially if you just order one with the correct connector online. Evolv is great all the way around. It is the people that assemble these that do not care mostly. That plus often times poor designs to begin with. The LavaBox is also easy to replace the batery and well built. Although slightly more difficult to do than on the Lost Vape mini.

I would really appreciate if anyone could point me to the FDA regulations I can stick in the shops face. With their sign outside. It may just be a ploy to get out of exchanges due to costs now going up for them in other areas. I do not know. It is strange that it is every shop though. I mean like 20 of them. Yes, they are everywhere now.

One thing I just want to stress. Do not use batteries with ripped wrappers! That should be common knowledge though. The issue with The Triade is it may rip them upon insertion without your knowing it. Then blowing the fuse or much worse., If anyone's is very tight I would take steps to lossen the connection or do not use it. It is not worth the risk even though I understand people paid enough for it. I have spare DNA200 boards so if I cannot get the store involved I will just replace it. However I am not going to keep wrapping batteries. I know about pushing up on them but it does not work on mine. The issue is the button contacts for negative do not move as they do in the Reuleaux. I know it is notorious for this but maybe I received a particularly bad example. Perhaps there is another way to loosen them. I hate to spend time replacing the board and then have it blow again. If I could get the store to oblige that would be much better. He told me when I bought it that there are now no exchanges should anything happen sold "as is"

Sorry for such a long post but I am just trying to help.

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Triade was delivered on Saturday:D. Only problem i see is the battery tray. I think i have a simple fix for that if it's becomes a bigger issue. I am really liking it so far:cheers:

View attachment 59736 View attachment 59737
Yeah if it's loose just squeeze the door gently until it doesn't rattle anymore :), and eh the building coils i had heard about that Gorgon27, since it's considered a new product sort of, but the triade already existed and should be no problems getting a replacement, i'll let someone with more knowledge in the US fda stuff chime in but sounds wrong to me.

After all that's the reason the recoil rda v2 came out even tho it probably doesn't even exist atm and sold a small number like 10 so they can claim it existed before the 8th of August.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just talked to them. He said it is in fact okay to do but they do not handle the warranty per Lost Vape. He said if I just send them my proof of purchase in an email they will send me another not even wanting the broken one back. I shall see.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t know why you are having such bad luck with ripping batteries with your Triade. I have changed mine out about 12 to 15 times and they are fine. I do put them in and out like in the video I posted earlier and I’m using LG HG2’s.

I know by your posts you know what you’re doing that’s why I’m posting my confusion.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just talked to them. He said it is in fact okay to do but they do not handle the warranty per Lost Vape. He said if I just send them my proof of purchase in an email they will send me another not even wanting the broken one back. I shall see.
If that's the case I can see a lot of people with broken units:eek:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They should really start selling separate battery covers.
I bet quite a few Triade owners wouldn't mine another different colored one.

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If that's the case I can see a lot of people with broken units:eek:
Haha that reminds me of the razer boomslang fiasco (their first mouse), people would do just that 'hey my mouse is broken', they would send new ones without asking for the 'broken' one back and almost went bankrupt back then since people would sell the extra ones to friends etc.

And yeah battery doors would be good, i picked the brown one but would like a darker one :(, i'd figure they would sell them seperate but nothing so far.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn boost, I also got mine Saturday. Thought you stole my setup for a minute lol.
e498950c3a574887e4c5c76b96bdd6e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK, you guys are making me jealous now. Looks like I'm the only one not in the club. If one of you want to trade me your Triade for my DNA200 Reuleaux, Ill be kind enough to oblige :p:giggle::giggle::giggle::devil:

PS Both of your guys mods look very nice!

Cheers,
Steve

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They do look the part. that is why I like it so much. Plus it feels much better in the hand than the Reuleaux,. Ripping the batteries is a known issue with it. CarmMond I guess you just lucked out. I rewrapped them in extra thick shrink wrap and it ripped them. Which is when it shorted and blew the fuse. I have to admit I have rotten luck. Lipo's last me like 3 months in everything. I vape a lot but nothing crazy. I installed a new board and it is good to go of course but if it keeps ripping the wrappers it will most likely just happen again. Thank you for saying you think I know what I am doing. I have been vaping 7 years since they just had Cigalikes but I am new here.I have built custom mods. I am disabled but I can manage.

Logitech does that to this day. Some people go into a store and get the number off the display tag to get a free mouse. I am just not dishonest like that. See if everyone did things like that the world would suck because no one would trust each other. Companies that do this I hold in high esteem and do not abuse the privilege.Neither should anyone else really. Honesty goes both ways. I recently bought an item at walmart and it was the wrong item in the package that was much cheaper. That is crummy of people to do that. I do not judge anyone though. Everyone can do as they see fit but I stress honesty.

My Reuleaux, is much nicer now though. Still does not feel as good as the Triade but it looks custom now because it is. No one else has one like mine unless they happened to do the same exact thing. So now at least mine sets me apart. Plus I got this one before it had CE and the trashcan with the line through it. I think that states this device is disposable. Of course also please dispose of properly. I am not a goody Two shoes and I do not preach to others. I just live my life the way I think I should. That is just me though. I never tell anyone else what they should do.

On that note however ripped battery wrappers is a very bad thing. Luckily the fuse should save us from certain disaster.

Anyways, I decided the Platinum electroplate I did not care for. I went for a silver body, gloss black front cover and satin red back cover. Unique to say the least. Since right now I do not care to be wrapping anymore batteries. Which is a shame. Reuleaux,, at least the RX200 has replacement front and back covers in a variety of colors but do not fit the DNA200 one. So i made my own. Good thing I have the equipment at my disposal.The Triade, if it lasts most certainly needs replacement back covers. Since that thin strip of leather covered with juice should not last too long itself.

I much prefer the Triade so long as it is not ripping batteries. I thought it has loosened up but apparently not.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I also owned the Releaux DNA 200 at one point, and I don't find the battery sled that much different than the Triade as far as difficulty putting the batteries in or taking them out. They both could be wrapper rippers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I just realized I got a little carried away. My bad and my apologies.

How tight either is I suppose is luck of the draw.

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, i know it's slightly unrelated but did the efusion duo get discontinued? Wanted to grab one but most stores seem to be sold out, specially in europe.

Thanks

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, i know it's slightly unrelated but did the efusion duo get discontinued? Wanted to grab one but most stores seem to be sold out, specially in europe.

Thanks
Probably. Most of this stuff is done on runs instead of consistent production. Specially the more expensive the mod. So a company like LV will just issue more runs as stock goes down. But if sales just tail off they won't order another run. So it's not officially discontinued. Just so much that another run wasn't ordered. Like a show some shows get cancelled. Like pulled off the air before episodes even air. Some shows get a big announcement that the show was not being picked up for another season. Some shows they just quietly never order another season. In the vaping world it's mostly the latter.

LV also in the last few months has changed the image of their devices with the Triade and Therion. The Halcyon is probably the last hurrah for the efusion form factor from LV. Even then they seem to be toying for international sales squankers and other configurations of the Therion. So it's easy to see how the efusion might have fallen out of favor.

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gotcha thanks, guess i'll try to get one from america and deal with customs before no one has them in stock anymore since i like the style of it.

Cheers :)

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took mine apart to install a new fuse. Works fine. To dispell any myths, the 510 is not anything special. Not like on a SX Mini of any class. You al are welcome to call me out because I forgot to take pictures. The wiring was good. Now, to be able to use it I had to double wrap 18650's. That, I find inexcusable. As I stated before before Wisemec got with Joyetech they also had a good 510. I wil give you all not anymore. So other than the battery issue for what you can get now the Triade is nicer. Both cosmetically and in build quality. To the old Wisemec it was a tossup. You know you have an old Wisemec if it does not say "CE" and the recycle symbol on the bottom. Without taking it apart though with no batteries just take a flat screwdriver and push on the 510 pin. Spring loaded is a lie. It is just in a grommet and I observed that. YiHi must have the best 510 on their own mods IMO.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put batteries just like always (2) pos down and front pos up...... Took a Vape and it felt like a demon 300watt throat Fuck....... That's it no numbers no power no nothing DEAD.......
IMAG1883_1.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This 300w demon JUST happened to me with my brand new VF Stout oob. I played with it a bit and got it working sort of properly, but it kept misdetecting the resistance about 10% of the time so VF issued a RMA and prepaid label. Getting it in the mail to them tomorrow. May be worth it to contact the manufacturer.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This 300w demon JUST happened to me with my brand new VF Stout oob. I played with it a bit and got it working sort of properly, but it kept misdetecting the resistance about 10% of the time so VF issued a RMA and prepaid label. Getting it in the mail to them tomorrow. May be worth it to contact the manufacturer.
I contacted the manufacturer, they told me to contact the Lost Vape registered seller, that they do not handle warranty issues directly.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I contacted the manufacturer, they told me to contact the Lost Vape registered seller, that they do not handle warranty issues directly.

Hope you hear from them soon then. It sucks, but give them time. One thing I've found is that if you use an alternate contact format other than their channels that aren't working (days without response), you can sometimes effect a result much sooner than the normal channels.

VU Sponsors