Become a Patron!

Love it folks hawk their wares on FB with false info

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This person was on my friends list but no longer. She sells that Plexus shit... has no Idea what she's taking about. Says her "Health Crap" will help you quit smoking.download (5).png.jpg

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curing removes most of the natural sugars in the leaves.
Sucrose etc. and/or invert sugars are approved for inclusion as additives in tobacco products... usually "American" style cigarette tobaccos, though it's done worldwide and I'd presume pipe tobacco with their "casing" (flavoring) techniques might exceed the cigarettes' 10% (by weight) permitted maximum.

However...

Sugar is about 4 grams per teaspoon.
Amount of additive sugars (worst case per NIH)... approx. 0.2 mg per cigarette.

Total daily dose for a 2 PAD smoker (factoring uptake & bio-availability)... ~8mg. Yes... 8 milligrams. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to get bent out of shape over the sugar in cigs. :D

--------
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296517/
Table 1
Estimate of ingredient sugar uptake (worst case assumptions) by smoking American-blend cigarettes.

Parameter Estimate
Number of cigarettes per day§ 40 cig.
Maximum use level for all sugar sources 5%
Tobacco weight 0.8 g/cig.
Transfer of unchanged sugars 0.5%
Bioavailability (deposition) 100%
Dose per cigarette 0.2 mg
Daily dose 8 mg

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Curing removes most of the natural sugars in the leaves.
Sucrose etc. and/or invert sugars are approved for inclusion as additives in tobacco products... usually "American" style cigarette tobaccos, though it's done worldwide and I'd presume pipe tobacco with their "casing" (flavoring) techniques might exceed the cigarettes' 10% (by weight) permitted maximum.

However...

Sugar is about 4 grams per teaspoon.
Amount of additive sugars (worst case per NIH)... approx. 0.2 mg per cigarette.

Total daily dose for a 2 PAD smoker (factoring uptake & bio-availability)... ~8mg. Yes... 8 milligrams. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to get bent out of shape over the sugar in cigs. :D

--------
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296517/
Table 1
Estimate of ingredient sugar uptake (worst case assumptions) by smoking American-blend cigarettes.

Parameter Estimate
Number of cigarettes per day§ 40 cig.
Maximum use level for all sugar sources 5%
Tobacco weight 0.8 g/cig.
Transfer of unchanged sugars 0.5%
Bioavailability (deposition) 100%
Dose per cigarette 0.2 mg
Daily dose 8 mg

LOL Yeah but she is stating that the sugar is the most addictive thing in the stinkies next to Nicotine which is completely wrong... As we vapers know, it is all those other 4000 chemicals rushing the Nicotine at hyper speed through the body to keep smokers highly addicted. :p

VU Sponsors