Become a Patron!

low ohm builds on regulated mods??

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep seeing posts about people building .2 ohm builds on regulated mods. Why? I don't see the benefit in low ohms on regulated mods. What am I missing here?

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I keep seeing posts about people building .2 ohm builds on regulated mods. Why? I don't see the benefit in low ohms on regulated mods. What am I missing here?
I build low so my builds work well on both my regulated and mech mods.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I stay above .3.... but thats just me.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.5 - 1.0 is perfect for me. I notice drastic battery depletion below .5. Above 1.0 isn't significantly better on the battery but the ramp up time starts to slow down which drives me nuts.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.5 - .6 is my ideal target on rdas running at 70 watts. This lasts me a day and a half of heavy vaping on my sigelei 150. I understand amp draw, but a very important point to remember is that your on the button for much less time with a lower ohm build. People don't always consider that as part of the equation.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I usually build higher ohm coils say .6 or .75 for my high wattage mods. Less stress on the mod and batteries. For mechs, I usually am at .17 to .25

People will build as low as they can on regulated devices because they simply can, no rhyme or reason.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
From what I understand on some regulated mods you need low resistance coils so the device will actually provide the full advertised max output for the mod.

When I first got my Sigelei 100 Watt I read somewhere that if I wanted to actually get the full 100 watts out of it, I needed build 0.50 ohm coils.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i build a high resistance build on a regulated device and it wouldn't hit the highest power rating. also I have only mechs and if I have one regulated device, I can only use one build on the regulated device. but if it fires down to .2 ohms all my builds are interchangeable.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
From what I understand on some regulated mods you need low resistance coils so the device will actually provide the full advertised max output for the mod.

When I first got my Sigelei 100 Watt I read somewhere that if I wanted to actually get the full 100 watts out of it, I needed build 0.50 ohm coils.
This is correct. If you figure out your devices max voltage output, you'll be able to plug in your desired absurdly high wattage, using ohms law, to determine how low of a resistance you need to build. Voltage output is still the limiting factor.

I build between .4 and .65 for RDA's on my iPV3. At 50-55 watts, I'm pleased.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been switching out between .16 to .90 with a couple in between.
Baal is at .55 and loving it. at 45 watts
Dark horse is .28 and grooving on it. 40 watts.
Mutation x has the .16 in it which is duel parallels if you would call it that.. 2 coils of 22 ga with 26 in between the 22 ga coils.

VU Sponsors