Become a Patron!

Low ohm builds

I have been building my own coils for a while now. And I'm well aware of ohms law. My question is how are cloud chasing builds of .06-.09 safe? They are exceeding 30amp of Sony vct. I guess my question is, why aren't we seeing more accidents?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been building my own coils for a while now. And I'm well aware of ohms law. My question is how are cloud chasing builds of .06-.09 safe? They are exceeding 30amp of Sony vct. I guess my question is, why aren't we seeing more accidents?

06-09 is safe using regulated mods
LIKE I SAID BEFORE
STAY AWAY FROM MECH MODS!!!
FOR ME!! It doesn't matter how long you been vaping, it doesn't matter how knowledgeable you are with ohms law, batteries etccccc
The risk is higher using UNREGULATED MODS OR MECHANICAL MODS....
An advance VAPER would say the same thing....

LESS ACCIDENTS? Because there's LESS STUPID VAPERS!

But people in cloud chasing scene are using mech mods with these low builds. Or series and unregulated mods. I just watched a video about two guys talking about it. They say don't go lower than .06 and don't chain hit it. They said as long as you have good battery and give it time to cool before hit is safer but still dangerous. I have been seeing many people even my own friends build below .10,

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not safe at all, they're taking huge risks to having the battery pop. It's like someone driving a Formula 1 Car, they know the risks but choose to risk being a red spot on the pavement.

If you want to risk blowing your face off for the bragging rights of being a "Clouds Bro" then go for it, just be sure you know what the fuck you're doing.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Your friends are the same type of people giving vaping a black eye.

What city do you all live in, I want to keep an eye out for the next explosion story to sweep the nation

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Usually luck. Some say by using pulse amp ratings.
In my opinion.... Thermal runaway is only a matter of when not if. Especially for those trying to force a cell to provide more power than it was designed for.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ReyesRec89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just built a dual coil subohm build at 0.12 Kanthal with 8 wraps 22 guage. Definietly chucking good clouds right now

ReyesRec89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
0a7223968ec82b7cd76248fe52cb1511.jpg

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem here is .08OHM measured on the atty is simply not presented to the battery. There will be losses at each contact point. The lower the build the more crucial it is to have connections have as little drop as possible. Most catastrophic cell failures (venting) are due to directly shorting of the cell. Also beware that there are a lot of shitty rewraps claiming to be 30A and may actually do 30A briefly before heating internally to unsafe levels. (MXJO!) A long pull >3 sec could cause it to tip past the point...

Steam engine is great to calculate what a build will do. However don't expect the outcome to be exact. The loads presented and power output estimates always are lower. Which is to the vaper's advantage! Regulated devices are completely different and can indeed put out the power assuming staying within set operating limits as well as SOA of the dc-dc or pwm circuitry, etc.

VU Sponsors