Become a Patron!

Low ohming

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Is .16 to low to ohm for a regulated mod? The Drag 2 says it fires as low as .5 and the Freemax mesh pro tank was .16. How fast will it eat the battery? Do any of u use that low of an ohm build?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My go to build ohms at 0.12.

You're fine. Battery drain will depend on your wattage and the amount of times you smash the fire button.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
My go to build ohms at 0.12.

You're fine. Battery drain will depend on your wattage and the amount of times you smash the fire button.
I got yhese good N90 fused claptons that r supposed to fire super fast. I run on 100 watts. I may add a couple more wraps and get it to .18. Do u use a regulated mod? .12 is really low. What ru u building?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got yhese good N90 fused claptons that r supposed to fire super fast. I run on 100 watts. I may add a couple more wraps and get it to .18. Do u use a regulated mod? .12 is really low. What ru u building?
Yep using a regulated mod right now. I don't build them myself because I suck at it.

3x26/36, 3.0mm, 6 wrap 0.12 ohm N80 Alien at 80 watts

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
16faaad4a9bbb0adc204835c3153bcd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yep using a regulated mod right now. I don't build them myself because I suck at it.

3x26/36, 3.0mm, 6 wrap 0.12 ohm N80 Alien at 80 watts
Mine r 30×4+40 N90. I bought the same gauge in N80 but Lightning Vapes told me N90 wud ramp up way faster. I havnt got it in the mail yet. I ordered a roll of wire in n80 and n90.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Mine r 30×4+40 N90. I bought the same gauge in N80 but Lightning Vapes told me N90 wud ramp up way faster. I havnt got it in the mail yet. I ordered a roll of wire in n80 and n90.
Wud u suggest using the N90?

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i've never used N90. The N80 ramps up super fast.

What are you trying to accomplish? Your coils not heat up fast enough?
I dont know how theyll heat up. I use 8 to 10 wraps on a 3mm for plenty surface area and vapor. They just told me N90 was the best so I figured Id try it. The N80 might be just fine. The Drag 2 has the super fast firing Gene chip so N80 may be fine. I dont know yet.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I dont know how theyll heat up. I use 8 to 10 wraps on a 3mm for plenty surface area and vapor. They just told me N90 was the best so I figured Id try it. The N80 might be just fine. The Drag 2 has the super fast firing Gene chip so N80 may be fine. I dont know yet.
Will quicker ramp up give more vapor?

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I think the difference between N80 and N90 will be minimal enough where you can make up the difference in ramp up time by just adjusting your wattage.
Lightning Vapes told me there was a big difference but Ill have to find out. As long as I can ohm at about .18 without harm Im fine. I never built that low. I plan on 9 or 10 wraps. I may even use a 3.5mm bit to ohm a little higher and get more surface area. Will a 3.5mm give me more vapor?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lightning Vapes told me there was a big difference but Ill have to find out. As long as I can ohm at about .18 without harm Im fine. I never built that low. I plan on 9 or 10 wraps. I may even use a 3.5mm bit to ohm a little higher and get more surface area. Will a 3.5mm give me more vapor?
Yes. Generally, the more wire mass, the more vapor but also will require higher wattage to heat up.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Will more wire mass give better flavor to?
Flavor is a tough one because there are so many factors. I would say yes because you're getting more vapor so the flavor will be more intense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors