Become a Patron!

Low profile firing button help?

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys, I'm gathering materials to convert my iJoy zenith to an unregulated pwm. The button quit working on it so I went ahead and gutted the whole thing. I will reuse the 510 and battery "tray". My idea is to use the current button as a mounting plate for a new one. Since there is practically no clearance between the top battery contacts and the button, I need to find a very low profile button with a fairly small diameter. Anybody have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I am using a zenith as we speak and just popped off the battery door. You are going to be hard pressed to find a button that shallow. You may have better luck trying to craft a momentary circuit closure and reutilizing the existing button. I havent taken this apart yet but one would assume you could create a contact closure under the switch and give it some spring with a piece of v shaped spring steel or something similar.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Whoa buddy, that's out of my league to understand what you're saying . I did find a low profile vfd(?) switch that looks like it might work if I can find a way to raise the original button a tad, like a plastic or metal plate below it. It'll probably look janky but I'll be ok with it. The battery sled has a thin plate to hold the contacts in place so there will be enough gap to run the wires to the button. But I don't know about the soldering points and the nut that will hold the button in place.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Whoa buddy, that's out of my league to understand what you're saying . I did find a low profile vfd(?) switch that looks like it might work if I can find a way to raise the original button a tad, like a plastic or metal plate below it. It'll probably look janky but I'll be ok with it. The battery sled has a thin plate to hold the contacts in place so there will be enough gap to run the wires to the button. But I don't know about the soldering points and the nut that will hold the button in place.

I will be watching this thread. Be sure to post pics. I automatically assumed it should look good, so I go straight to that and work out the mechanics from there.

You can fold a piece of spring steel such as a feeler gauge with a piece of it longer than the other and then bent on the end so it contacts the other side of the circuit and completes the loop. You are doing three things. Completing the circuit, putting some spring back in the button and keeping it pretty.

This is the best way I could think to explain it visually.

Image 2018-06-02 14-46-32.jpg

VU Sponsors