Become a Patron!

Low to Mid-Range

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was an early run that had some screen issues, but those are long gone. Mine are probably 9 or 10 months old.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
what is the best life one can expect from a regulated mod?
i will pay extra for long life.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Depends on the mod, I’ve had a hexohm v2 for 3-4 years and it has a lifetime warranty.
My Prorape mods were almost 6 years old when I sold them; and they still worked as new. I have a vapor shark dna30 that’s almost 4-5 years old, vsdba40 that’s 3-4 years old.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure, most of my mods are hanging in there. My first regulated crapped out in just over 3mo, the internals of the fire button broke due to crappy design. An istick tc100w. My alien went over 100k puffs and got used daily for 8-9mo and still works. My vaporesso revenger I used for a year straight and it still works. Now been using my ipv eclipse mostly for the past couple months.

The only real complaint is the crap paint, both isticks, alien and revenger are all losing their paint. Pretty sad for mods that don't get put in pockets or knocked around and dropped. Three different companies and all the paint sucks so seems to be an industry problem.

The screen on my mom's wismec presa took a crap and went haywire after around a year but she got another. Her paint is fading in spots as well. She replaced it with another and basically used two mods the past 3yrs or so. I wasn't really even looking to get another mod when I got the eclipse but I was interested in it when it first came out. Not for $80-90 interested but when it went on sale for like $26 shipped I couldn't pass it up.

I've never paid more than around $40 for a mod and the way I see it so long as I get a year out of it it's worth it. Even if I spent $80 to get 2yrs out of a mod there's not as much advantage to me. It means the mod will end up looking even more beat up by the time it dies and I'd be using a 2yr old mod. No guarantee that newer means better but when it comes to things like temp control there's a chance the newer chip will handle it better. Also design changes, I do prefer more centered 510's. So some incremental changes are improvements to me. I do feel like the older mods were built heavier, some of the newer ones really chintz out on things like battery doors or body construction. That and if an accident happens and I drop an $80 mod I'll cry a lot more than if it was a $30-40 mod. Pros and cons to durability and whether it's worth the extra cash though even most of my cheapo mods seem to be doing fairly well aside from cosmetics.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
iStick 40W TC with a CoV Avenger Mini tank on it. I took it in a walk to Trader Joe's a bit ago. :cool:

O7ktBwZ.jpg

Usually, it's on the CoV MiniVolt mod, but when I grabbed it to take with, it wasn't charged up fully. Ooopsie.
So, popped it on the old iStick. Same 30W power used for the 0.8 coil.

Those mods won't die. :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like tasty but not so healthy stuff there.
Enjoy it, I do :)

Oh, I have a full veggie drawer and more frozen/tinned veggies than I could eat in a month. But they need stuff to go with too for fun. ;)
Got the no-salt added tuna to share with Tiki, she goes outa her mind. The tinned trout is mine though...I miss fishing.

I made one of TJ's "Parlano" pizzas for watching sports, quite delish. I also only ate like 2 slices.

This:

70c22e97648dbc1b055347ebb78b5782.jpg

She lived to 91yo. :D

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think I will get some dogs on sticks next time out shopping.

Ya I love 'em. With a blistering hot DIY horseradish/Dijon mustard/habanero chile sauce.
Just don't eat 'em everyday or five at a time...lol!

I also never deep-fry anything. Got a nice older convection toaster oven for $20, it works miracles.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya I love 'em. With a blistering hot DIY horseradish/Dijon mustard/habanero chile sauce.
Just don't eat 'em everyday or five at a time...lol!

I also never deep-fry anything. Got a nice older convection toaster oven for $20, it works miracles.
I got one of those new fangled 'Air Fryers'. Pretty much a convection oven thingy.
Love it. Need to get another one so I can do the frozen fries and frozen fish fillets at the same time.
Not tried the fozen dogs on a stick in them yet but should work fine.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heh, I think I'm good.

95FS3NI.jpg

sle2V1n.jpg

FWIW, this 'ol Timex SC-1 scale is about as old as I am. :eek:
It still functions just fine.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I eat what I want, including lots of sweets and junk food.
My main fluid intake is Mountain Dew :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I eat what I want, including lots of sweets and junk food.
My main fluid intake is Mountain Dew :)

Aww, I don't like sweets really. Salt is the one I gotta watch.
I like the occasional soda, but mostly just water, coffee, tea, and booze. ;-)

Do not like HFCS at all. Try to avoid it as much as possible.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
66C217E4-DFFE-4F3C-BA53-55BB7663963A.jpeg
As a true and faithful cadet at the Cheaplitist Academy, I say it's all in the patience......and endless hours of "clearance aisle" surfing. A new low in "low end".....

Digiflavor Bucho tank...............$2.50 at Everzon.com
Old school KBox 40w mod.......$7.99 at EFun.top

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 136455
As a true and faithful cadet at the Cheaplitist Academy, I say it's all in the patience......and endless hours of "clearance aisle" surfing. A new low in "low end".....

You win!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 136455

Man I think I've paid more for just cotton. Great score

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 136455

I picked up 3 of the Kbox mods several years ago on clearance for $5 each, I had never tried one when they first came out. Little workhorses, they are. You scored quite a deal for $10!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just arrived yesterday. Bought it for my girlfriend. $13.50 from VaporDNA. Uses a pod attachment that can also use juul pods. But can also use any 510 atty. Fires up to 45w in power mode.

I thought the Pico was small. And I was really surprised this thing is solid. The body is metal. Not plastic like I was expecting.

6952854745a22c5bcccc10dcc6cefc64.jpg

974cd239dd92636086aa1d555147787a.jpg

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up 3 of the Kbox mods several years ago on clearance for $5 each, I had never tried one when they first came out. Little workhorses, they are. You scored quite a deal for $10!
Do not confuse the Kbox mods with the Kbox mini mods.
2 very different devices.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just arrived yesterday. Bought it for my girlfriend. $13.50 from VaporDNA. Uses a pod attachment that can also use juul pods. But can also use any 510 atty. Fires up to 45w in power mode.

I thought the Pico was small. And I was really surprised this thing is solid. The body is metal. Not plastic like I was expecting.

6952854745a22c5bcccc10dcc6cefc64.jpg

974cd239dd92636086aa1d555147787a.jpg

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Wow great price and such purple....
20f6343992690824c2c73279cd86745a.jpg

FWIW: https://vapordna.com/products/ijoy-diamond-vpc-ultra-portable-starter-kit
Use coupon code DNA10 at checkout (10% off sitewide)

I might have to snag one of those. It won't replace my 2300mAh Axiom, but would be a nice small mod for summertime when I don't have a jacket to carry stuff. (unless I get another MiniVolt)

Last edited:

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Never was interested in the OG Kbox mod, but love the mini.
Honestly, I wasn't either, but ordered something else on a clearance deal and it auto fired terribly. They offered a credit to me, so I just got those. Ended up liking them, really. Used as beater mods.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, but I'd look marginally less stupid with a mod in a fanny pack, than with a vape mod on a lanyard. IMO. ;)

Fanny pack? I'm not even gonna touch that one.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why, are you European? In 'Merrica that is what they are called. Mine is black and made of Napa leather. ;)

Oh I know what they are called. I just didn't think they still existed.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh I know what they are called. I just didn't think they still existed.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

OFC they do, not everyone has a car to carry their shit in summer ya know.
Most places here won't allow a backpack in either, like grocery stores and etc. Because of shoplifters.
So, wearing a shirt and shorts in summer, how would you carry everything?

Mine holds my wallet, keys, a mod + juice, some paper towel in case of juice oops, my cell phone, pencil and paper, pocket knife, chapstick, Altoids, and other crap as needed.

Outdoors folks use them a lot though as well. :)

Here, get yerself a fanny pack at Dicks!
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/products/fanny-packs.jsp

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, I resemble that, but with less tanning or Geritol.

LOL I carry a Murse/shoulder bag but not everywhere.
they most often stay in the car while I am in stores and such.

A messenger bag I think they are called.
Backup vape stuff, Kindle, power bank and maybe camera and stuff.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL I carry a Murse/shoulder bag but not everywhere.
they most often stay in the car while I am in stores and such.

A messenger bag I think they are called.
Backup vape stuff, Kindle, power bank and maybe camera and stuff.

I've thought of getting one, it'd be very handy.
But in this area, it'd also say "I'm a dood with a purse and likely have money, plz beat me up and rob me" :huh:

If I lived in one of the fancy "districts" full of Millennials and shit or in Downtown proper, it'd probably be normal.

I used to be one of those folks living downtown and laughing at the poor schlumps living on the North Side, but now I am one of those peeps. Argh.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But in this area, it'd also say "I'm a dood with a purse and likely have money, plz beat me up and rob me" :huh:

If I lived in one of the fancy "districts" full of Millennials and shit or in Downtown proper, it'd probably be normal.
Ohh I am far from normal for where I live.
I live in rural redneckville.
I know of no other vapers within mile of me.
And I am not into camos, hunting or NASCAR :)
Do not even have a 4 wheeler!
And I actually like to read books!!!

I can however fix cars, weld do carpentry, etc
But I also vape, have electronics as a hobby and like to read.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ohh I am far from normal for where I live.
I live in rural redneckville.
I know of no other vapers within mile of me.
And I am not into camos, hunting or NASCAR :)
Do not even have a 4 wheeler!
And I actually like to read books!!!

Nice. Cheers to you sir!
martinismiley.gif

Plus, you have the advantage of not having to deal with dumbazz humanity.

If I could drive, I'd live elsewhere where it's more peaceful and cheaper, but I don't anymore.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice. Cheers to you sir!
martinismiley.gif

Plus, you have the advantage of not having to deal with dumbazz humanity.

If I could drive, I'd live elsewhere where it's more peaceful and cheaper, but I don't anymore.
Ohh plenty of dumbazz's around here.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Finally broke down and ordered a Vandy Vape Jackaroo American Eagle G10 yesterday for $45 shipped. Not the cheapest mod but way cheaper than some. I was gonna hold out until they eventually go low. But I caved. I was gonna go for the blue python G10 but thought the American Eagle would look pretty good with a gunmetal tank.

1229f6b24318944d4988268e1b30cad8.jpg

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I used to be one of those folks living downtown and laughing at the poor schlumps living on the North Side, but now I am one of those peeps. Argh.
I bought one of these:
s-l500.jpg
Figured no one would give me any shit about it....:sneaka:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors