Become a Patron!

Low wattage vapers

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What's up VU.

I have been seeing people post and it seems like most people on these forms vape from 15-65 Watts.

My question is how and why go low. I personally don't get hardly any vape from 15 Watts. Personally I vape at around 75 but like going to 100. Just depends. So, what are your methods for low wattage vaping?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
When you're vaping at 1 to 2 ohms there's no way you could go to high watts because the voltage would fry whatever coil heads you are using.

Mostly mouth to lung vapers who prefer tanks like the protank or nautilus vape at lower wattage.

I vape between 35 and 115 watts depending on what I'm using as an atomizer.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I usually go with 55-70 watts myself, all depends on where the which flavor will be better highlighted at the range. I like alot of multi-fruit juice, so at lower watts i can pick up a certain flavor better, and vice versa for higher. Like all things in the vaping world, it's subjective.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you're vaping at 1 to 2 ohms there's no way you could go to high watts because the voltage would fry whatever coil heads you are using.

Mostly mouth to lung vapers who prefer tanks like the protank or nautilus vape at lower wattage.

That is exactly my wattage range! *high five* haha :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's up VU.

I have been seeing people post and it seems like most people on these forms vape from 15-65 Watts.

My question is how and why go low. I personally don't get hardly any vape from 15 Watts. Personally I vape at around 75 but like going to 100. Just depends. So, what are your methods for low wattage vaping?

I vape my 1.5-2 ohm coils at 9.5(ish) watts. The way to make it an effective vape is with a VERY TIGHT airflow. If you're using any type of sub-ohm RTA made since 2015, that is probably not even remotely possible. I use an RDA that has a *naturally* very tight draw, the Achilles -- which, dammit all to hell, aren't available any longer.

However, the new Berserker RTA has a very tight draw, and is a reasonably decent vape, though the flavor isn't as good as what I get from the Achilles -- the Achilles has apparently spoiled for anything else, ever. *sigh*

The sub-ohm RTAs are a conspiracy to get people to use 20-30ml of ejuice daily, instead of 5-10ml, as I do -- since most of the profit in selling anything vapish is in the 1000% markup of ejuice.

Andria

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I don't want to change batts more than 1x per day s o that means multi battery mods and low wattage or single battery and lower wattage....

Fact Is IMO the difference of high watts and low.. is the difference between chugging a beer vs drinking a beer vs sipping a beer... they all taste like beer.

I like small mods.

I always hated Bongs and airy pipes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I don't want to change batts more than 1x per day s o that means multi battery mods and low wattage or single battery and lower wattage....

Fact Is IMO the difference of high watts and low.. is the difference between chugging a beer vs drinking a beer vs sipping a beer... they all taste like beer.

I like small mods.

I always hated Bongs and airy pipes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yeah, at 9.5w, my 30Q's last me about 3 days. :) I might at some point get a 2-batt mod, just because the Berserker is a 24 or 25mm atty and really needs a fatter mod to look right -- though it does ok on my CF4's, which are fairly fat at the point where the atty goes. Or, I might just get an Aegis; only a single battery, but it can take those huge honkin 26650s I think (or also 18650s); I really need a mod that tough, as clumsy as I am. :D

Andria

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hover between 25-40w, occasionally breaking out duel coil / duel battery mods just fer' the juice wastin'. I like single 18650 mods but for me the VS DNA200 is w/lipo is the perfect balance of size and battery life.

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Wow I feel Soooo left behind. Well fact is.... I chose to stay behind. I'm doin just fine with my Pico V1s and eGo ONE Mega V1 tanks. With CLR coils with the 'big air' center pins built to 1ohm crankin 13.5 watts. Loooooong deeep lung burstin xxxx hits DTL draws with my 50/50 DIY (Peppermint pattie at the moment). I can feel the throat hit clear down to my toenails. THAT'S what it's all about! *Fer Moi*

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sill vape my same Subtank Mini V2 with RBA everyday. And on the same 2+ yr old Kbox mini 50W.
Vapin 60/40 PG/VG Hypo allergenic DIY in it.

I have backups but keep on vaping the same setup.

Actually have about 6 STM's and 4 Kbox minis.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's up VU.

I vape between 15 - 30 watts.

For the lower end of the power range to get a good vape you need to be using an atty and juice that is designed for that, and you need to set it up for the watts you want to vape at.

For the higher end of the power range to get a good vape you need to be using an atty and juice that is designed for that, and you need to set it up for the watts you want to vape at.

The same is true for a 250 or 500 watt vape.

Flavor, heat and TH is comparable through about 15 - 75 watts in my experience, but vapor volume and the vape experience overall does definitely change in that the 'action' is way faster at higher power. Higher power also generally uses more juice and more battery.

Ultimately it's a personal decision that we all make for ourselves. I used to vape at 40 - 60 watts and pulled it back lately. All I can say is if you want to experience the best of both sides, learn how to make them work for you and see what you prefer.

Vape on @zombievapereview.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I vape .2 at 85 to 90. I've never fried my coils believe that.

I don't usually go to 100, I actually use curve and my hit 100 sometimes for a second like on a wave type curve.

I don't build .1 or use coils that low as I don't use mechanical mods anymore. That will be changing soon again.

I am not a 200 watt vaper but I enjoy moderate power. I use this to get my nicotine, therefore I personally like feeling the mellow feeling come on stronger.

And also in no way am I saying I'm right your wrong, quite the opposite. I was wondering the reason and why people vape so low.

Y'all have a great day! I've got some new toys to be playing with and review

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I sill vape my same Subtank Mini V2 with RBA everyday. And on the same 2+ yr old Kbox mini 50W.
Vapin 60/40 PG/VG Hypo allergenic DIY in it.

I have backups but keep on vaping the same setup.

Actually have about 6 STM's and 4 Kbox minis.
I love my kbox mini 75 watt. I use it mostly to build, and I use it when I'm walking into town or to my AA meetings. I really hate people asking about my vape and with my other mods people ask questions. I prefer chunkier equipment, as I'm a backpack guy. Keep all my coil building shit in me. I've got a couple regulars that call me sporadically to trouble shoot, our change out coils and wick.

Me having a bookbag I have everything I need for every situation. I like to always be prepared. I have completely given up dipping cope and smoking and i realize I'll get my nicotine one way or another.

I was only asking because I was curious. And about the spicy food comment, no I probably wouldn't ask that, because I don't give a fuck about spicy food, I do however give a fuck about vaping and different vape methods done correctly.

Have a good one

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape .2 at 85 to 90. I've never fried my coils believe that.

He said "If you use 1 to 2 ohms", not ".2 ohms" -- at 2 ohms, 100w delivers 14.14v -- at .2 ohms, the voltage is only 4.47 -- it's the equivalent of 1000w (14.14v is the equiv. of 1000w, at .2 ohms). At 2 ohms, the resistance I prefer, 10w delivers the same voltage as a .2 ohm coil at 100w.

You can check all that at http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

Andria

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Its a perfect example of to each their own.

Personally, I could care less about clouds as I am all about flavor.

I normally start out at about 18 watts in the morning and I am at 23 watts toward the end of the day.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I normally start out at about 18 watts in the morning and I am at 23 watts toward the end of the day.

Same for me, about flavor, though I have to be very careful not to use too much heat or generate too much vapor, due to my asthma -- so flavor/TH is really ALL I can deal with. I'm just grateful that I started vaping at a time when it was either 15w *tops* or sub-ohm with a mech -- by the time I figured out enough about Ohm's Law and battery safety to be able to use a mech safely, I already knew that sub-ohm vaping wasn't for me at all, thx to that damn asthma.

People have sometimes said to me, how on earth did you smoke, if you have those kinds of limitations... the answer to that is "Very carefully!" just as with the vape -- I smoked ultra-lights, in the 120mm length (which gives a very cool smoke for most of its length, and also a very tight draw), and a couple decades ago I stopped inhaling so deeply, or I just coughed up 1.75 lungs -- it's like I was learning how to vape, decades before vaping even existed. :D

My main concern is for others who need to stop smoking because they have serious issues with their lungs -- asthma, COPD, etc -- who see all this high-wattage/low-resistance/thick vapor crap, and think that's the only way to vape; it most assuredly is NOT, but these days, it's damn hard to find the kind of hardware that someone like me requires... and that is simply not fair, because people with issues like mine are the ones MOST in need of vaping.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohms for me range from .1Ω to 3.2Ω and again depends on the tank they are installed in.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I do like small to moderate klowdz.
all VERY doable at under 40W.

I run My wasps at 26 watts on a regulated and the same build runs a bit higher on a fully charged battery in a mech.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do like small to moderate klowdz.
all VERY doable at under 40W.

I run My wasps at 26 watts on a regulated and the same build runs a bit higher on a fully charged battery in a mech.

My son vapes at about 20-25w, using generally about .5-.6 ohm coils, using a PG/VG ratio anywhere from 70/30 to 30/70; his clouds are definitely thicker than mine, but absolutely not in the 'cloud chaser' category. It works for him, he's been able to switch from cigarettes very easily -- he passed 4 months smoke-free on the 5th. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tell him congratulations from all of us.:)

I think he went into it with the right attitude, that it definitely would work for him if it worked this well for a 39 yr smoker who swore up and down she would NEVER EVER quit smoking. :D

I was checking with him earlier to find out exactly what were the "12 days of christmas," since he'll hit 6 months smoke-free on Jan. 5 -- so still inside the 12 days. :D I told him I'd be holding back one of his xmas gifts for that date. :giggle:

Andria

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Zombievape.....if you are a newer vaper, you should go to youtube and type in something like "vaping 2012", or check out the type of atomizers people were using back then. Thinner wire, like 28 guage, much lower watts, cooler vape, but they were able to make respectable cloud with that. Interesting to see the equipment that the pioneer vapers used around 2010, 2011, etc. Things like clapton wire, higher vg juices hadn't been developed yet.

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
People vape low wattage, because, get this... They make up 90-95% of real-life, everyday, actual vapers that do this to avoid smoking. Sub-ohm is still a very niche market & always will be.
It's vaping for kiddies that think vapor has anything to do with anything.
If you crave nicotine, UP the nicotine.
I still vape no lower than 18mg, & I got some 36mg mixed up for serious throat hit.
I use 1.5 ohm disposables & have NEVER been above 15w.
I smoked for 29 years, and my set-up is stronger than a unfiltered Camel.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
People vape low wattage, because, get this... They make up 90-95% of real-life, everyday, actual vapers that do this to avoid smoking. Sub-ohm is still a very niche market & always will be.
I still vape no lower than 18mg, & I got some 36mg mixed up for serious throat hit.
I sub ohm and am not a "kiddie". I dtl because I found mtl frustrating and unsatisfactory. I do not disrespect any person's vape style, nor do I dismiss it. If it works for them I am happy they found a way to make vaping an enjoyable success.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I sub ohm and am not a "kiddie". I dtl because I found mtl frustrating and unsatisfactory. I do not disrespect any person's vape style, nor do I dismiss it. If it works for them I am happy they found a way to make vaping an enjoyable success.

:cheers:

I totally agree with you!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sub ohming is not for kiddies and why the fuck do you think 90-95% vape low wattage. People can vape however the hell they want. Vaping is subjective. Why should everyone vape the same way??
I don't vape stupidly high wattage but I do like an airy draw. Oh yay I'm a kiddie.
What a stupid fucking statement

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

My son does MtL, though a very airy version, but although he prefers a fairly low wattage, 20-25w, he prefers a moderate sub-ohm coil because he likes the warmth. I don't think 29 qualifies as "kiddie". :giggle: He's just another who's very grateful to escape cigarettes, and pretty much painlessly.

As you noted... the best thing about vaping is that it can be tailored so minutely for anyone's preference, which makes it workable for nearly anyone -- even for tetchy lungs like my own!

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My son does MtL, though a very airy version, but although he prefers a fairly low wattage, 20-25w, he prefers a moderate sub-ohm coil because he likes the warmth. I don't think 29 qualifies as "kiddie". :giggle: He's just another who's very grateful to escape cigarettes, and pretty much painlessly.

As you noted... the best thing about vaping is that it can be tailored so minutely for anyone's preference, which makes it workable for nearly anyone -- even for tetchy lungs like my own!

Andria
Although I have had alot of arguments with you I totally agree with your post :)
That was my point too, it's all personal preference and I really don't see why there is a war between MTL or sub ohm.
We are all after all just trying to use harm reduction!

VU Sponsors