Become a Patron!

Lower wattage/Cooler vapes with RTA/RDTA??

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, second post, newbie-intermediate vaper... One year and 7 months off off cigs after doing a pack a day for 25 years...

I'm looking to get a new mod and RTA or RDTA tank. But I like (so far) lower wattage and cooler vapes. Some of the "best recommended" RTA/RDTAs look like they are designed for balls to the wall high wattage vaping...

I'm confused and looking for options. My "must-haves' are the following:

1) low-moderate price
2) minimum 4ml juice capacity, more preferable
3) minimal leaking
4) convenient refilling
5) FLAVOR!!
6) moderate clouds

I've been looking at:
22mm: OBS Crius, Vaporesso Gemini, VapeGeek Griffin
25mm: OBS Engine, TF-RTA, TF-RDTA, Griffin 25mm

And also, if I ned something simpler, the SMOK Spirals Plus with included RBA...

Any thoughts?

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Vape Geek Griffin 22. Great Flavor. Good Clouds. There is a little metal o-ring the screws on near the top of the juice channel that takes getting used to it's a little fickle. Or you can leave it on and tuck the cotton down the juice channel. Otherwise it works great. Part of my rotation.

Welcome to the forum

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Vape Geek Griffin 22. Great Flavor. Good Clouds. There is a little metal o-ring the screws on near the top of the juice channel that takes getting used to it's a little fickle. Or you can leave it on and tuck the cotton down the juice channel. Otherwise it works great. Part of my rotation.

Welcome to the forum
Thanks, If I go with a 22mm tank, I would likely go with a side-by-side design. I've been looking at the Eleaf iKonn total...
How do you think the Griffin would work with a non variable wattage mod?

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, If I go with a 22mm tank, I would likely go with a side-by-side design. I've been looking at the Eleaf iKonn total...

What Brand Type/Mod do you have?

I don't know what non variable wattage means.

Last edited:

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What type of mod do you have?

Long story short, my sister bought me an ego one a year and a half ago, and then last year I bought myself an evic vtc which I quickly started using with prebuilt minicoils/microcoils? in the clr rda.

2 weeks ago my vtc bricked. Right now, I'm using my ego one with the clr... but the battery lasts 2 hours max now...

So, it's time to by a new setup ;-)

The thing is, I am outside the US and a friend is coming at the end of July and will bring me stuff. I have a couple of days to decide. The more I look the more I'm spazzing out with all the options jajaja...

Another requirement is an 18650... I have two and will buy a charger... It is super important that I can use it all day and then throw in a new battery if i want to go out at night after work...

I like the Tesla Stealth... I wish there were a version with a removeable. I like the Smoant Knight V2 as well, but there is no time to get it in time without paying double.

I like the idea of a side-by-side with a giant tank on a tall rta... I think that would be a very efficient use of space... I want something pocketable...

I'm rambling, sorry, two friends just visited and left me hobbled...

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
griffin 22 is my adv tank,,,,,,,i wasn't expecting it to work on the pico squeeze,, but it did....strangely it gives a very satisfying vape for being near (note the word NEAR) a mechanical mod....

which is what got me more closer to interested in actually using the mech mod i have never used............still havent....but its good to know it wont be a huge leap for me.

you will have to play around with your coil building skills to create a vape you like. i like mine semi warm... 28watts with 25 to 35 Ω,,,,,,,,,i am not real picky on that. the only thing i am real picky about is rayon,, i cant vape with cotton because i chain vape and cotton can't keep up which leads (me) to believe that is where i was getting vapors tongue. (ymmv)

anyway,, enjoy the journey,, and dont get married to how you vape today,, because it will change over time somewhere. ie,, i started out at 17watts,,,,,,,,,,,,28/29 seems to be my current sweet spot. i vape pretty much 1 diy flavor all of the time,,, with short visits to other flavors. i dont mind that because when i smoked ,, the cigs were pretty much 1 flavor hahah :)

Last edited:

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's my suggestions, I'm not saying you buy them here but Battlestar and Serpent SMM
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Wotofo-Serpent-SMM-RTA-p/woto-smm10.htm
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Smoant-Ecigs-and-Accessories-s/544.htm

Welcome to the VU.
Thanks for the welcome. Another Q-- What kind of prebuilt coils would you recommend... TC/VW?

I've seen people review brands of prebuilt coils, but I'm hoping to learn what the differences are in how the different types vape. Flavor, Clouds, thirst for juice etc. Not just metal type, but solid wire vs clapton vs hybrid ss/ka clapton vs stapled vs twisted vs the triple lindy. I'm looking to explore these things -- and thanks again for the rec on the serpent smm -- it looks really good. I'm gonna go with it and play with single coil for a while and learn a bit more...

Vaper for life ;-)

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
griffin 22 is my adv tank,,,,,,,i wasn't expecting it to work on the pico squeeze,, but it did....strangely it gives a very satisfying vape for being near (note the word NEAR) a mechanical mod....

which is what got me more closer to interested in actually using the mech mod i have never used............still havent....but its good to know it wont be a huge leap for me.

you will have to play around with your coil building skills to create a vape you like. i like mine semi warm... 28watts with 25 to 35 Ω,,,,,,,,,i am not real picky on that. the only thing i am real picky about is rayon,, i cant vape with cotton because i chain vape and cotton can't keep up which lead (me) to believe that is where i was getting vapors tongue. (ymmv)

anyway,, enjoy the journey,, and dont get married to how you vape today,, because it will change over time somewhere. ie,, i started out at 17watts,,,,,,,,,,,,28/29 seems to be my current sweet spot. i vape pretty much 1 diy flavor all of the time,,, with short visits to other flavors. i dont mind that because when i smoked ,, the cigs were pretty much 1 flavor hahah :)

Yes definitely, I have every expectation to continue to explore ... Me sweet spot has been 15-20 watts with .5-.7 resistence.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
griffin 22 or 25 both will work perfect i use the 22s all day, have a 25mini but i dont recommend that for your first rta. its deck is a hair weird for your first deck. the 22 and 25 are simply amazing and simple
THE ONLY issues you may have is
breaking the glass - so get spares and use vape bands
and
the juice flow control eventually gets really lose, which can be annoying. But mine never leak always taste great always easy to use . Hell I bet half the other RTAs on the market are a copy of the griffin

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
griffin 22 or 25 both will work perfect i use the 22s all day, have a 25mini but i dont recommend that for your first rta. its deck is a hair weird for your first deck. the 22 and 25 are simply amazing and simple
THE ONLY issues you may have is
breaking the glass - so get spares and use vape bands
and
the juice flow control eventually gets really lose, which can be annoying. But mine never leak always taste great always easy to use . Hell I bet half the other RTAs on the market are a copy of the griffin
i took mine completely apart including the press fitted parts,, good cleaning and replaced the orings.. juice control is back to new.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the welcome. Another Q-- What kind of prebuilt coils would you recommend... TC/VW?

I've seen people review brands of prebuilt coils, but I'm hoping to learn what the differences are in how the different types vape. Flavor, Clouds, thirst for juice etc. Not just metal type, but solid wire vs clapton vs hybrid ss/ka clapton vs stapled vs twisted vs the triple lindy. I'm looking to explore these things -- and thanks again for the rec on the serpent smm -- it looks really good. I'm gonna go with it and play with single coil for a while and learn a bit more...

Vaper for life ;-)
I use mostly single wire SS316L 24ga both single and dual coils so I'm not much help there. but a lot of folks buy here for Stainless
Coils https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/
also check out the Coils/Building section of the forum for ideas and help.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i took mine completely apart including the press fitted parts,, good cleaning and replaced the orings.. juice control is back to new.
well you are luck, I have 3. 1 is fine, 1 is close to fine, 1 is check the jfc ports before every vape... NOW of course thats because i drop mine CONSTANTLY. so the press fittings have come looser then if it was new

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Long story short, my sister bought me an ego one a year and a half ago, and then last year I bought myself an evic vtc which I quickly started using with prebuilt minicoils/microcoils? in the clr rda.

2 weeks ago my vtc bricked. Right now, I'm using my ego one with the clr... but the battery lasts 2 hours max now...

So, it's time to by a new setup ;-)

The thing is, I am outside the US and a friend is coming at the end of July and will bring me stuff. I have a couple of days to decide. The more I look the more I'm spazzing out with all the options jajaja...

Another requirement is an 18650... I have two and will buy a charger... It is super important that I can use it all day and then throw in a new battery if i want to go out at night after work...

I like the Tesla Stealth... I wish there were a version with a removeable. I like the Smoant Knight V2 as well, but there is no time to get it in time without paying double.

I like the idea of a side-by-side with a giant tank on a tall rta... I think that would be a very efficient use of space... I want something pocketable...

I'm rambling, sorry, two friends just visited and left me hobbled...
kbmini.JPG
This is my first sub-ohm mod Kangertech Subox Mini 50w (shown), I also have a 75w top box clone. Pictured alongside is the Griffin 22 RTA so you can see it's size compared to Kangertech tank. This mod easily fit 's in my pocket no problem.Just make sure it doesn't leak beforehand.
Also works great in low watt range(15-30) great flavor using the RBA (Rebuildable) head that comes with the unit along with some factory coils.

This would be a Sub-Ohm Mod & Tank. Kit (I would not recommend using the Griffin RTA on it..)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well you are luck, I have 3. 1 is fine, 1 is close to fine, 1 is check the jfc ports before every vape... NOW of course thats because i drop mine CONSTANTLY. so the press fittings have come looser then if it was new
lol,, sounds like your vape is trying to run away! :bliss:

try thicker orings,, maybe 'much thicker'

i bought this last week for emergencies--food grade,, hopefully i never have to use it $10 amazon
Silicone
Clear Food Grade Silicone Sealant - 2.8 oz Squeeze Tube

71mKAg6zA-L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use mostly single wire SS316L 24ga both single and dual coils so I'm not much help there. but a lot of folks buy here for Stainless
Coils https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/
also check out the Coils/Building section of the forum for ideas and help.

Will do. The thing is I will be in the states in December so I only need enough to last till then when I can take a deeper dive with my local trusted vape shop in Brooklyn. For now, the Serpent SMM comes with 3 coils and here in Colombia I had already bought 2 or 3 others just to have them, a clapton, a twisted and something else I'm not sure what. All around .3-.5 Ohms...

That'll obviously hold me until december.

Thanks again to you and everyone who responded!! I will post my setup and thoughts later when all is ready... you can expect more posts from me on VU in the future...

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My "must-haves' are the following:

1) low-moderate price
2) minimum 4ml juice capacity, more preferable
3) minimal leaking
4) convenient refilling
5) FLAVOR!!
6) moderate clouds

I've been looking at:
22mm: OBS Crius, Vaporesso Gemini, VapeGeek Griffin
25mm: OBS Engine, TF-RTA, TF-RDTA, Griffin 25mm

And also, if I ned something simpler, the SMOK Spirals Plus with included RBA...

Any thoughts?

I have a similar profile ... low wattage, cool vapes, flavor chaser.

I have both OBS attys. I'd stay away from the Crius because the positive pin gets shorted by juice trapped in the fixed bottom airflow chamber (many users pound on the pin to no avail). The OBS Engine has top airflow (zero leaks), cool temp vapes, 5 ml capacity, easy RTA builds/ wicking, flavor is great 8/10 IMHO.

If your mod can take 25mm, the Smok Spiral Plus is on my radar as an excellent flavor chaser (bottom airflow tho).

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-spirals-plus-tank-a-deucesjack-review.331520/

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lower wattage doesn't only deliver a cooler vape but I have found that is also makes it more flavorful. Now this is only my opinion from my own personal opinion and not looking to debate it.
:gaah::cuss2::tantrum:

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Lower wattage doesn't only deliver a cooler vape but I have found that is also makes it more flavorful.
22HlL47.jpg

By way of proxy illustration (with y = flavor, x = temp), I find the best flavor for fruit mixes is in aqua area, dense custards and cheesecakes best appreciated in yellow-green area. In my case, using single coil (K1A 24ga or 26ga) on typical 22mm atty, x range would be 10W to 40W.

Interestingly, drip tips change the entire chart; long wide bore delrin tips skew everything towards the blue area at similar temps.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My suggestion for RDTA is a Nectar https://www.fasttech.com/product/4133001 on a Pico75 mod https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...entic-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod. Provided you dont require a full Open DL Draw. This is MTL to restricted lung hitter. The Avocado 22 is also great.
RTA I'm still a Kayfun V1 and 2 user. But am looking at the Serpent ALTO https://www.fasttech.com/product/6654400 or this White Bone https://www.fasttech.com/product/6654400, am also thinking about getting a Ammit https://www.fasttech.com/product/6245701

Anyway I have the Nectar and Avocado22 and Kayfuns all these could fit your requirements.. BUT are Older models and can be hard to get.

Current builds running on PICO running at 23watts in TC and for VW I use a curve power profile than starts at 150% of set wattage and ramps down to 90% over a 3second draw.

Nectar single 26awg SS at .6ohm
Avocado single 28awg SS at 1.1ohm

Kayfun has a single 3x30SS twisted coil at .65ohm (silica wick) running on a mech.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
22HlL47.jpg

By way of proxy illustration (with y = flavor, x = temp), I find the best flavor for fruit mixes is in aqua area, dense custards and cheesecakes best appreciated in yellow-green area. In my case, using single coil (K1A 24ga or 26ga) on typical 22mm atty, x range would be 10W to 40W.

Interestingly, drip tips change the entire chart; long wide bore delrin tips skew everything towards the blue area at similar temps.
agree drip tips make a big dif..i have to use ming style, the vapor 'swirls' around the base a bit before compressing as it exits.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lower wattage doesn't only deliver a cooler vape but I have found that is also makes it more flavorful. Now this is only my opinion from my own personal opinion and not looking to debate it.
:gaah::cuss2::tantrum:

I noticed that myself. I was vaping my reload clone at 55 watts and could only get about a second draw before it was just way too hot. By the time I found the heat range I liked, I was down to 40 watts and the flavor had picked up considerably.

I'm still not getting the taste from it I get from my little tank but I believe that's on account of my wicking. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I miss.

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
lol,, sounds like your vape is trying to run away! :bliss:

try thicker orings,, maybe 'much thicker'

i bought this last week for emergencies--food grade,, hopefully i never have to use it $10 amazon
Silicone
Clear Food Grade Silicone Sealant - 2.8 oz Squeeze Tube

71mKAg6zA-L._SL1500_.jpg
I've used something similar myself to make a karma rdta 'plug', so that I can use it on single coil.
The custom-made silicone plug works like a charm, by the way.
I'd recommend the OP to try RDTA's, they're especially convenient for a leak-free vaping experience.
I can highly recommend the Avocado 24, the Serpent RDTA (single coil only), and to a lesser extent the Karma itself.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I noticed that myself. I was vaping my reload clone at 55 watts and could only get about a second draw before it was just way too hot. By the time I found the heat range I liked, I was down to 40 watts and the flavor had picked up considerably.

Just last night with my Baby Beast I was vaping a flavor I have been for a while and it just wasn't smooth as usual so I lowered the wattage 2.5 points and there it was. I have found outside temps also factors in what wattage you should use like in the winter when outside you need a bit more power because of the air temperature.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just last night with my Baby Beast I was vaping a flavor I have been for a while and it just wasn't smooth as usual so I lowered the wattage 2.5 points and there it was. I have found outside temps also factors in what wattage you should use like in the winter when outside you need a bit more power because of the air temperature.

I've got a small pair of Raymo2u's aliens in there right now and I've been searching for the right combination of enough wattage to fire the coils immediately, and the cooler vape I like.(even when I smoked cigarettes I didn't like it when the smoke got hot)

For this particular setup I think about 40-41 watts is the "sweet spot". I can't tell much difference in flavor at 42 watts, but I can tell it gets hotter faster. I don't like a hot vape at all.

There are those that argue "more watts = more flavor" but in my particular setup, that's just not true. With the coils I'm using, in the atty I'm using, and the juice I'm using, more watts = less flavor and a temperature I just can't tolerate. On the little tank I use a lot, the ideal flavor is at 20 watts. Any more than that, I get a cotton taste like it's just starting to scorch a little, but any less and I don't get enough vapor.

I haven't tried to fine tune it into the tenths, or even halves. I adjust in full watt increments. I may play around with fractions of watts to see if my tongue is sensitive enough to tell.

I live in MS and it doesn't get cold enough here plus I don't get outside enough to notice needing more power in the winter, but I do understand where you're coming from.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a tendency to go in 1/2 watt increments and for no reason at all to be honest just X.1 doesn't look right to me! LOL I forgot to mention the coil in the Baby Beast is fairly new so lower wattage is always how I vape with a new coil but didn't lower it this time.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a tendency to go in 1/2 watt increments and for no reason at all to be honest just X.1 doesn't look right to me! LOL I forgot to mention the coil in the Baby Beast is fairly new so lower wattage is always how I vape with a new coil but didn't lower it this time.

Yes! I'm the same way. After 2 or 3 weeks, I have to turn the power up at couple of watts to get the vapor.

It's hard for me to imagine anybody sensitive enough to tell a difference in a tenth of a watt. Not sayin it's impossible, but I sure can't tell it. I might be able to distinguish .5 watt. I'll try it and see.

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all... Lot's of great info. So, I just made my purchase, though I won't get it until the end of July.
While compactness is something I value, and prefer the thinner mods at 22mm, I went with a mod that accommodates 25mm tanks for flexibility.

So, the mod is the Al85 Baby Alien. it seemed to check all the boxes and be a jack of all trades that will serve me for a while regardless of how my vaping style might evolve.

As for the RTA, I went with the suggestion of some posters here and bought the Serpent SMM. Again, it seemed to be a perfect entry into the world of building, it has a lot going for it, decent capacity and a roomy deck to build single coils. I can start simple with solid coils and go from there. It is the laboratory in which I will learn about building.

I'm sure that my next tank will be a dual coil velocity deck, but it seemed correct to me to focus on learning about different metals and different style coils on a single and then progress from there later if I wish too.

One major consideration for me is an RTA that isn't too thirsty. This is particularly important for me since I live in South America and only make about 15k a year. Ejuice here is super expensive, at least double what they charge in the US. So, I get the chance to buy ejuice about twice a year in the states and just now bought a total of 990ml of budget juice from humble and fuggin. Wish me luck hahah.

The point is, if that liter of juice doesn't last me 6 months I'm going to run into a big juice expense.

So i'm looking to find a build that works for me in the 15-20W range, which I'm beginning to imagine will require thin wire, with many wraps at 1.0-1.5 ohms...

Anyone want to chime in on that thinking? Am I in the ballbark, or dead wrong??

Any thoughts on ID? Can I best achieve what I want at 2.0mm, 2.5mm? 3mm?

As always, thanks for all the input...

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey all... Lot's of great info. So, I just made my purchase, though I won't get it until the end of July.
While compactness is something I value, and prefer the thinner mods at 22mm, I went with a mod that accommodates 25mm tanks for flexibility.

So, the mod is the Al85 Baby Alien. it seemed to check all the boxes and be a jack of all trades that will serve me for a while regardless of how my vaping style might evolve.

As for the RTA, I went with the suggestion of some posters here and bought the Serpent SMM. Again, it seemed to be a perfect entry into the world of building, it has a lot going for it, decent capacity and a roomy deck to build single coils. I can start simple with solid coils and go from there. It is the laboratory in which I will learn about building.

I'm sure that my next tank will be a dual coil velocity deck, but it seemed correct to me to focus on learning about different metals and different style coils on a single and then progress from there later if I wish too.

One major consideration for me is an RTA that isn't too thirsty. This is particularly important for me since I live in South America and only make about 15k a year. Ejuice here is super expensive, at least double what they charge in the US. So, I get the chance to buy ejuice about twice a year in the states and just now bought a total of 990ml of budget juice from humble and fuggin. Wish me luck hahah.

The point is, if that liter of juice doesn't last me 6 months I'm going to run into a big juice expense.

So i'm looking to find a build that works for me in the 15-20W range, which I'm beginning to imagine will require thin wire, with many wraps at 1.0-1.5 ohms...

Anyone want to chime in on that thinking? Am I in the ballbark, or dead wrong??

Any thoughts on ID? Can I best achieve what I want at 2.0mm, 2.5mm? 3mm?

As always, thanks for all the input...

The serpent smm appears to be a good tank with good flavor and fairly easy to build on.

A 2.5mm coil, 26g ss316, 8 wraps will give you about .5 ohms which should give you a good vape at about 20 watts. You'll just have to try it and see if that's what you like. The ss316 wire works in tc or power mode and a lot of people claim it has a better taste. I'm gonna be ordering some of it for myself simply for the tc usage.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have found that SS316L is the smoothest coolest vape when I do builds for RDS/RTA's but with factory coils I find Kanthal and wattage gives me good flavor since I can't pack the cotton like they do. Just my opinion you must remember.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have found that SS316L is the smoothest coolest vape when I do builds for RDS/RTA's but with factory coils I find Kanthal and wattage gives me good flavor since I can't pack the cotton like they do. Just my opinion you must remember.

I'm all about the cooler vape. I need to get myself a single coil atty as well.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Using TC Mode allows you to determine the temperature of your vape and it will never get hotter like when using Wattage mode the longer you puff the warmer it gets. Again just my personal opinion from my own experience.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm all about the cooler vape. I need to get myself a single coil atty as well.

Single double, triple or quad doesn't matter using TC you set the temp so the vape will be what you set the temp as long as wattage is correct. using TC with the wrong wattage will result in undesirable results. When you get TC mode down you can get into TCR more.

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Single double, triple or quad doesn't matter using TC you set the temp so the vape will be what you set the temp as long as wattage is correct. using TC with the wrong wattage will result in undesirable results. When you get TC mode down you can get into TCR more.

Any tips on setting the wattage on a 316L TC? I would think more is better since the quicker it ramps up, the quicker it levels off...

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depends totally on the coil ID and amount of wraps. Not just one number to use. Are you talking a factory made coils or custom build? Steam Engine will help

http://www.steam-engine.org/
I'll start with pre-built coils to get a sense of what the options are, but I anticipate getting into building my own pretty soon.
Most of the pre-builts I have seen are in the sub 0.5 ohm range -- though I'm interested in vaping at higher resistance.

It's hard for me to say because I just bought an AL-85 with a Serpent SMM RTA which will be brought to me in Colombia by a friend at the end of July.

I will start using the pre-builts included with the Serpent SMM and see where I go from there. I enjoy cooler vapes now, and for reasons that have to do more with economy of juice consumption and battery duration, I'm looking to vape at lower wattage.

When I get my stuff I will definitely post my experiences.

I got started with an Ego One VT that my sister bought me and I used that with 1.0 ohm coils and 1.6 nic juice. Then I got a VTC Mini and quickly started using the CLR RBA with 0.7 ohms coils and 0.6 nic juice. My preferred wattage was 15-20W. Recently it bricked and right now I'm using the ego one again with the clr while I wait for my new mod/rta to arrive.

I stated this earlier in the thread, but since I live in Colombia and juice is quite expensive here, I bought 990 mls of juice that will be coming with the mod/rta. My goal is for that to last me until December when I come to New York for the holidays.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When you come to New York feel free to give me a shout even if we just meet for a vape in a public place~! Surely be glad to give you a sample of my DIY just let me know what flavors you like @s droid

s droid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Done. Funny u said that, DIY is something that interests me a lot, and given that there are so many options in pre-built coils, putting my energies into DYI juice might be time better spent...

So far, fruity flavors. Looking for a good sour. Also, I love tobacco flavor but I haven't found many that are worth anything. I don't like the creamy/milky/butterscotch side of vaping.

So far my profile leans toward the berries (blue, black, red), grape, apple, lemonades. I'd love to find a good black cherry -- another flavor that seems real hard to find... not the candy, but the fruit... tart...

VU Sponsors