Become a Patron!

Lungs feeling weird?

buckshot71199

Member For 4 Years
I've read that if you were a previous smoker you would cough and hack stuff up but I've never been a smoker smoked maybe once a month. And I've started vaping and I get the dry mouth as to be expected and I drink a lot of water but is it normal for my lungs to feel weird and have a dry cough and it kindve seems like I can't get a deep breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be a reaction from PG or VG, you may be sensitive to one or the other, another may be the nic level, all these things can factor in.
Dry mouth is often something vapers get so lots of water is suggested.
experiment with your ratios of all 3 , Nic,PG and VG and see if you find one that is better for you:)

buckshot71199

Member For 4 Years
Could be a reaction from PG or VG, you may be sensitive to one or the other, another may be the nic level, all these things can factor in.
Dry mouth is often something vapers get so lots of water is suggested.
experiment with your ratios of all 3 , Nic,PG and VG and see if you find one that is better for you:)
I started vaping a while back and stopped because of the feeling it was mostly pg then and no nic. Now I'm using max vg low nic

buckshot71199

Member For 4 Years
But I had the same feeling when using a mostly pg juice do you it may just be my lungs getting used to vapor

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
back down on the VG is my guess, and if you didn't use nic before then go to the lowest mg or none

This is basically what I had to do to find a happy medium between VG/PG along with finding my preferred nic%.

My method was to mix unflavored 0mg vg and unflavored 0mg pg until the heaviness went away. I used unflavored to ensure that no flavorings could be blamed.
Then I started mixing in nic content to find that I'm happiest with 2mm wich hardly no one offers. I can roll with 3mg if I have to but if I have the opportunity,I'll mix in some 0mg to get to 2mg.
Id definitely try a lower nic content since you weren't much of a smoker.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dipped and chewed tobacco if that matters with the nic

It does and it doesnt. Your body is used to the nic but not by inhalation. Your lungs may not be acclimated to it yet. 6mg doesn't seem like a lot but if you sub ohm,the harshness is multiplied.
If you ask around you'll find plenty of ex smokers that were 2-3 packs a day deep in the habit but they still only go up to around 6-9mg with sub ohm.
Hell,I'm still a dual user and can only tolerate 6mg at the most and I don't really find it pleasant at all.
We can give you pages of opinion but it's really up to you to find what works best.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, just my opinion, but if you weren't a smoker and you're now vaping, I'd have to say I'm not surprised your lungs feel weird. You're inhaling stuff that your body isn't used to.

I'm a sensitive to high VG vaper. Typically, I'm vaping 70pg, on rare occasions I vape high VG, but that's due to the tank I might be using.

If you want to keep vaping, you might have to adjust to it. Your body/lungs might get used to it, they might not. Not trying to sound like a smartass, just thoughts I had on it.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just had an issue from a flavoring causing some sinus drainage. Time to get mixing and fiddling around to see what works for you.

VU Sponsors