Lush RDA

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I recently purchased the wotfofo Lush RDA, hoping it would be similar to my beloved troll. Since my trolls center post spins now so I have to use plyers every build to straighten center post. Thought the lush looked nice and a square center post, no spinning. But im not happy with it. Put my regular dual 22 gauge kanthal, 7 wraps 3 mm. .2 ish 70-75 watts. the draw feels very weird, I dont really like it. Even wide open its feels more restrictive then it should. Idk if im building it wrong.. With the airflow going in on a angle, i still put airflow infront of coils like normal. but are you supposed you make it off to left a bit so the airflow is directed at coils? and maybe i should raise coils? the tops of coils are about level with top of center post. anyone have this rda, do you enjoy it? i just dont like the airflow, everything else is nice

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I recently purchased the wotfofo Lush RDA, hoping it would be similar to my beloved troll. Since my trolls center post spins now so I have to use plyers every build to straighten center post. Thought the lush looked nice and a square center post, no spinning. But im not happy with it. Put my regular dual 22 gauge kanthal, 7 wraps 3 mm. .2 ish 70-75 watts. the draw feels very weird, I dont really like it. Even wide open its feels more restrictive then it should. Idk if im building it wrong.. With the airflow going in on a angle, i still put airflow infront of coils like normal. but are you supposed you make it off to left a bit so the airflow is directed at coils? and maybe i should raise coils? the tops of coils are about level with top of center post. anyone have this rda, do you enjoy it? i just dont like the airflow, everything else is nice
I have a Lush RDA that I have never built on yet...I may do it later today now that you have reminded me and I will report my experience with it and hopefully find how to tune it for a better vape for you.
On another note, have you tried putting your Troll Topcap on the Lush Base? That could actually solve your issue completely if it fits...many RDA's pieces/parts are interchangeable and its worth trying, you may have to flip the barrel if it doesnt fit normally.

mrmoodz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Lush RDA and I mostly like it. I have tried twisted coils, claptons, and good ol' round wire coils, and I prefer round wire coils on this atty. I agree the airflow on it is a bit weird, but my go to build for the Lush is 24g kanthal, dual coil, 3mm, 6 or 7 wraps. Like you, I have the coils set kind of high on it.

For the airflow, I twist the barrel so that the first set of air holes is just in front of the coils, then I only leave the second set of holes open halfway so that it's hitting the coil directly, essentially cutting off the "cyclonic" effect. It gives it a more restrictive draw but the flavor is optimal this way, running around 50 - 55 watts.

I currently have 3mm claptons in mine running at around 70 watts but my next build will be my basic build.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes I did try swapping parts with my troll lol. The chuff cap from my troll would fit on the lush, nothing else is interchangeable, The barrel of lush is so dang thick. ill play around with it some more. maybe ill get used to it and it will grow on me. Im kind of picky with rdas. bought the sapor didn't like its airflow at all either, used it maybe once. I have found i I like having good airflow direct at coils, 4 post deck, and prefer if a rda can fit a chuff. I love how easy it is to pop the chuffs off to drip, even though I love the troll, lining up airflow every time I drip can be annoying.

mrmoodz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I did try swapping parts with my troll lol. The chuff cap from my troll would fit on the lush, nothing else is interchangeable, The barrel of lush is so dang thick. ill play around with it some more. maybe ill get used to it and it will grow on me. Im kind of picky with rdas. bought the sapor didn't like its airflow at all either, used it maybe once. I have found i I like having good airflow direct at coils, 4 post deck, and prefer if a rda can fit a chuff. I love how easy it is to pop the chuffs off to drip, even though I love the troll, lining up airflow every time I drip can be annoying.
Have you seen the Model T RDA? Ecig Ave has it for cheap and Vapin Heathen reviewed it. You may dig it.

Modified velocity deck, side airflow, chuff cap and muffler shaped chuff cap.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no i haven't seen that one. I am in Canada though but I will check it out, if its available here

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I enjoy the Lush a lot. What I do is set up the coils high. So the lowest airflow hole is at the bottom of the coil. That brings air underneath. I set the cap to the left side of the coil. I run it wide open. I get a looser draw this way.

VU Sponsors