Become a Patron!

Luxotic vs Luna

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all.

So I am really interested in both these mods. I'm not a big unregulated / mech mod guy and would prefer a board but still very intrigued. The lux will somehow be able to accept regular bottles without having to dremel it according to an interview I saw with Jaybo on the vaportrail channel. It's also half the price and comes with a pretty decent RDA... well from what I've seen and read. Does anyone on here own either? I plan on adding a new squonk to the line up and those two are high up on the list.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't own either. I have up completely on wismec. I don't have the mod and have never tried it but I cannot recommend wismec ever. Complete crap shoot.

The Luna looks sick as fuck. So does the vicious ant squonks. I think I'd actually go with the vicious ant. Heard super good things.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't own either. I have up completely on wismec. I don't have the mod and have never tried it but I cannot recommend wismec ever. Complete crap shoot.

The Luna looks sick as fuck. So does the vicious ant squonks. I think I'd actually go with the vicious ant. Heard super good things.

I know wismec is sketch but I’ve have a 1st gen rx200 that has never given me any issues. I am leaning more towards the Luna.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I know wismec is sketch but I’ve have a 1st gen rx200 that has never given me any issues. I am leaning more towards the Luna.
Please look at some of the vicious ant products. I feel like the vanguard might be a better choice. I don't want to stear you won't by any means so please get some others opinions.

I just have seen tons of people ranting about it. Both I've heard are great your going to get one hell of a squonk either way. Every product I have gotten from wismec is now living the rest of there lives in the county dump.

It's kind of funny. My friend is a vet and gave so much for his country. I gave him my prediter and he loves it. I don't have much, but it felt good to help someone get off cigarettes. Anyway, after the 510 was JB welded that device has proven to be rock solid.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please look at some of the vicious ant products. I feel like the vanguard might be a better choice. I don't want to stear you won't by any means so please get some others opinions.

I just have seen tons of people ranting about it. Both I've heard are great your going to get one hell of a squonk either way. Every product I have gotten from wismec is now living the rest of there lives in the county dump.

It's kind of funny. My friend is a vet and gave so much for his country. I gave him my prediter and he loves it. I don't have much, but it felt good to help someone get off cigarettes. Anyway, after the 510 was JB welded that device has proven to be rock solid.

Vicious ant stuff is not my style at all. They are far too fancy for my taste and i could never bring myself to pay gun prices for a vape.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hello all.

So I am really interested in both these mods. I'm not a big unregulated / mech mod guy and would prefer a board but still very intrigued. The lux will somehow be able to accept regular bottles without having to dremel it according to an interview I saw with Jaybo on the vaportrail channel. It's also half the price and comes with a pretty decent RDA... well from what I've seen and read. Does anyone on here own either? I plan on adding a new squonk to the line up and those two are high up on the list.

If you are not big on unregulated mods - don"t get the Luna

I do have one, it is gorgeous and squonks well - but it is not one I would recommend unless you are a highly skilled squonker

I do not have the Luxotic but would consider it

While I share a lot of Zombie's concerns, like you, I have an OG RX200 I got in 2016 and it still vapes away, lol

Also, most of the Wismec complaints revolve around the 510 - the Luxotic obviously does not utilize the standard Wismec 510

A few folks here on VU have the Luxotic and love it - experienced, highly skilled squonkers whose opinions I trust

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Please look at some of the vicious ant products. I feel like the vanguard might be a better choice.

Can you actually find one in stock anywhere in the world? US would be great - that $50 shipping from the Philippines hurts on a mod that already costs close to $400

In fact, the only VanGuard in production right now costs $1,500 -

Scuttlebutt on the Spade at $190 says its a great mod though

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I do have one, it is gorgeous and squonks well - but it is not one I would recommend unless you are a highly skilled squonker

I do not have the Luxotic but would consider it

While I share a lot of Zombie's concerns, like you, I have an OG RX200 I got in 2016 and it still vapes away, lol

Also, most of the Wismec complaints revolve around the 510 - the Luxotic obviously does not utilize the standard Wismec 510

A few folks here on VU have the Luxotic and love it - experienced, highly skilled squonkers whose opinions I trust

Something tells me we are talking about two different Luna’s. I’m talking about the Asmodus.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Something tells me we are talking about two different Luna’s. I’m talking about the Asmodus.

The Luna by Asmodus is Not regulated. It has a chip to add protections, but it is direct voltage.

You said you weren't big on unregulated, right?

Edit:. Man, I thought it looked really Tall, but it's only 82mm tall...that's tempting, I do like small mods...and the button placement is like the BB Box, kinda like that too hehe

Screenshot_20180218-204241.png

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Nope, definitely the Luna by Asmodus . It has a mosfet and the voltage is controlled by the coil like a mech

Some people are hating the bottle on it - I'm okay with it, but it took a lot of fiddling on my part to figure out how to be able to change it without a lot of BS

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
8.4 volts but only 80 Watts? Am I not getting something. I think personally I consider that semi regulated. It's regulating the wattage...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
8.4 volts but only 80 Watts? Am I not getting something. I think personally I consider that semi regulated. It's regulating the wattage...

Mosfet and switchfet mods are generally referred to as unregulated, as opposed to mechanical (no wires) or regulated (chip that allows user to determine the wattage, etc)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I talk to the guy who promotes bb box mods on IG man that Kalasag with the upgrade kit to make it paraseries looks cool as fuck.

I didn't realize the price on vicious ant. Probably because I know I'll probably never be able to get one. They look great. Easily the coolest looking mods out imo.

The asMODus is way out of my range let alone 1500... Yes that is my bad dude didn't realize that at all

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mosfet and switchfet mods are generally referred to as unregulated, as opposed to mechanical (no wires) or regulated (chip that allows user to determine the wattage, etc)
I see what you're saying. But by definition of the word regulate, it is regulating the wattage.

I get it, kinda confusing.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Luna has a chip, and regulates wattage. So I guess in my brain only I personally consider this regulated. Safety regulations, and wattage. So any mod that has a chip, safety regulations from a chip, and wattage regulations from a chip is considered unregulated... That's just down right confusing.

It has regulations

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I see what you're saying. But by definition of the word regulate, it is regulating the wattage.

I get it, kinda confusing.

What makes it even more confusing is there is not an industry standard name for any of these three types of mods and there is crossover also

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the feedback. For what it’s worth, I have and used tube mods and such; the noisy cricket was actually one of my go to’s during my more rowdy days. So I have a good grasp on the in’s and outs but just like to keep it simple.

I’m leaning heavily towards the wismec anyways. The whole kit can be had for around $60 and the rda it comes with doesn’t look half bad. Well, yeah it does look more than half bad, it’s down right ugly but seems like it works well. My biggest issue with the mod is the heavy branding.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the feedback. For what it’s worth, I have and used tube mods and such; the noisy cricket was actually one of my go to’s during my more rowdy days. So I have a good grasp on the in’s and outs but just like to keep it simple.

I’m leaning heavily towards the wismec anyways. The whole kit can be had for around $60 and the rda it comes with doesn’t look half bad. Well, yeah it does look more than half bad, it’s down right ugly but seems like it works well. My biggest issue with the mod is the heavy branding.

Yeah, I too really, really dislike that on any mod - to me "name in big letters" reeks of cheap, lol

Not wild about the doors either, but really, the folks I know that have one are really liking how they function, which is what its really about

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I too really, really dislike that on any mod - to me "name in big letters" reeks of cheap, lol

Not wild about the doors either, but really, the folks I know that have one are really liking how they function, which is what its really about

The RSQ has some pretty serious billboarding on it as well. I don’t mind the oil rig design as much but as the stamped letters on the back of the mod. As far as the doors on the wismec, I’m willing to bet there are going to be replacement doors sold but I really like the bright green ones.

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you actually find one in stock anywhere in the world? US would be great - that $50 shipping from the Philippines hurts on a mod that already costs close to $400

In fact, the only VanGuard in production right now costs $1,500 -

Scuttlebutt on the Spade at $190 says its a great mod though

yo squonk queen, is there any particular squonk mod here in the philippines that you fancy? might be able to find one for you as ive been browsing around philippines facebook marketplace from time to time.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
yo squonk queen, is there any particular squonk mod here in the philippines that you fancy? might be able to find one for you as ive been browsing around philippines facebook marketplace from time to time.

TONS, lol

I sometimes regret not springing for a Vicious Ant Vanguard, the Night Shade version - it just looks amazing and I trust the Vicious Ant name

Same for the Spade, which you can still get - I'm trying to stop spending so much on mods right now

I have the Dos Equis squonker and the Underground in Ultem and love them in a way that is kind of scary, lol

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TONS, lol

I sometimes regret not springing for a Vicious Ant Vanguard, the Night Shade version - it just looks amazing and I trust the Vicious Ant name

Same for the Spade, which you can still get - I'm trying to stop spending so much on mods right now

I have the Dos Equis squonker and the Underground in Ultem and love them in a way that is kind of scary, lol

i found selling the vanguard nightshade before though it has some scratches due to his dog playing with it i guess that's the reason he's selling it. btw do you have a facebook account? might add you to a certain group that raffle mods + atty like le supersonic etc for about $10 - $20/entry with a maximum of 3 entries and a limit of 49 participants. if it does interest you then hit me with a PM.

this was from the last raffle:
XMTC Eternity S + Haku Phenom
https://imgur.com/a/I2lk7

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Is the bottle the only issue that would make you hesitate to suggest the Luna? I'm considering buying a Luna, if I find one that I like in my price range. But I'm not huge on squonking or mechs, but I wasn't getting it to be a daily driver either. But if there are other issues...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Is the bottle the only issue that would make you hesitate to suggest the Luna? I'm considering buying a Luna, if I find one that I like in my price range. But I'm not huge on squonking or mechs, but I wasn't getting it to be a daily driver either. But if there are other issues...

No other problems whatsoever

It's a very beautiful mod and for a stab wood, the price is amazing -

Hits like any other mosfet - even the $16 Pico Squeeze or the $450 Gloom (which I don't have, but others I know very well do)

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those were my feelings about it. Good looking stabwood mod, a unique design, a reputable company, all for less than $100? So I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a used one with a nice color/pattern that's reasonably priced. I was worried when you mentioned that, cause I'm not exactly experienced beyond my normal realm of regulated mods.

LokiM

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those were my feelings about it. Good looking stabwood mod, a unique design, a reputable company, all for less than $100? So I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a used one with a nice color/pattern that's reasonably priced. I was worried when you mentioned that, cause I'm not exactly experienced beyond my normal realm of regulated mods.

i guess there won't be much problems with mech as long as you understand ohm's law and battery safety.

sbankme

Member For 3 Years
No other problems whatsoever

It's a very beautiful mod and for a stab wood, the price is amazing -

Hits like any other mosfet
How would you describe how this or any other mosfet hits vs. an unregulated?
For point of reference my first and only current squonker is the Pulse which everybody seems to say hits poorly and has plenty of voltage sag. I've got a Hugo Squeezer currently en route and think down the road a bit the Luna might be nice since I love stab wood and am on a tight budget.

VU Sponsors