Become a Patron!

Luxyoun Smaug 150 watt mod

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow interesting! I see mine has temp and yours has voltage as well as battery voltage... Hmmm does yours say luxyoun when you turn it on in the screen then flash SX1500?? @Cloudy_Redneck

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow interesting! I see mine has temp and yours has voltage as well as battery voltage... Hmmm does yours say luxyoun when you turn it on in the screen then flash SX1500?? @Cloudy_Redneck

That is why I said in my previous post,

"Some Smaug mods have been said to read temp...some read voltage. That is why I find it plausible that there are clones. NOWHERE on Luxyoun's website does it say their mod has a temp readout on the display.....but there are mods out there that have that option........why would Luxyoun NOT mention that feature if it were an option...?"

I believe there ARE CLONES out there already. Everyone else just laughed, but now there's a "feature" Luxyoun forgot to mention.....? I doubt it...

Yes, mine reads "Luxyoun/SX1500" at startup.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yes i am now intrigued, and for some reason this site wont let me post the web address of the dealer on ebay whom I bought this from! I just sent them a message reading this;
" hello. I have been discussing my mod that I recieved from you on Feb 6th on a forum called vapingunderground.com and it seems that there is a temprature guage in my screen where the volts for output should be! Also the screenshots on the packaging as well as the ones you post in your ebay pics all show a voltage where mine has a temperature! What is the deal with this, is this a clone??? "
We will see what they say and now I am wondering if mine is a CLONE!!!

Oh and Im not laughing at ya redneck. When there is money to be made people are pretty relentless.

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It MAY be a new feature Luxyoun offers...but why would that NOT be mentioned...? Idk, bro. But folks laughed when I said there were clones out there. Even when screenshots were posted...but hey, its not funny when its true. (Possibly)

Hope you get it resolved, bro.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Chipsets:
150 Watts = SX1500
100 Watts = SX1000
50 Watts = SX500
30 Watts = SX300

When they were caught in a lie telling people these were "Genuine YiHi Chips" then a rep from YiHi went on record saying they do not make these chips that caused me to not even consider any of their mods.

I got a 150 watt Sigelei V2 for $89 bucks and I figured why take a chance on a new brand for that was already caught in a lie when for the same price I got a mod from a company that has been in the game since before I started Vaping in Aug, 2012

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When they were caught in a lie telling people these were "Genuine YiHi Chips" then a rep from YiHi went on record saying they do not make these chips that caused me to not even consider any of their mods.

I got a 150 watt Sigelei V2 for $89 bucks and I figured why take a chance on a new brand for that was already caught in a lie when for the same price I got a mod from a company that has been in the game since before I started Vaping in Aug, 2012

I've only seen where they advertised yihi designed the chip, but do not manufacture it. But that.doesn't mean they never tried.to pass it off as a yihi chip in the beginning.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I also noticed that my mod does not have the inscription luxyoun on the opposite side of the screen as shown in all the pictures on their website!

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also noticed that my mod does not have the inscription luxyoun on the opposite side of the screen as shown in all the pictures on their website!

To my knowledge none of them do. Mine doesn't, and neither does any I have seen. I think it was a pre-production design with an optional logo placement.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ok because my artistic eye is now seeing that the dragon in the pictures faces toward the back of the mod but mine faces toward the firing buttons... lol i know im being brutal but attention to detail BiatCHAS!!!

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hahahaha!!! Some have said theirs was upside down...of course, it was an alibaba purchase. ;)

Let us know if you get it resolved, or what you discover...I'm crashing. Lol.

i really liked my smaug box but had problems with center pin making contact and I have been unable to adjust.screw head turned to hamburger 1st try... BTW 25+ year electronics engineer so am familiar with miniature and micro work. have to say I am disappointed. going to have to tear apart my box after only a couple months to try to salvage. doubt reseller will be of much help but will know for sure tomorrow...very poor design. believe it came with replacement screw if it can get the bad 1 out...

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, my Unik is still working great. I do have a problem with the wood warping pretty bad. It seems that they neglected to seal the wood on the inside of the box.

I actually DID buy a Sigelei 150w last week, and I do notice a high level of quality. I've also noticed that there is a watt/voltage difference in the ratio between the two devices when running either my Kangertech Subtank or my Atlantis obviously both @ .5 ohms.

Unik 34w @ .5 ohms = 4.1v
Sigelei 34w @ .5 ohms = 4.4v

Overall, I still think that it's an ok box. I think it's actually geared more towards beginners and served it's purpose. The Sigelei 150w will be taking me on the next step of my vaping journey as I wait for my Arctic Sub-tank with Bottom Turbine Dual Coils at .2 ohms to arrive Thursday. (36)_1.jpeg

I just got the Sigelli 150W + Monday and love it!!! floating pin is a must for my deviced here on out. A nod to peerless vapes for fixing my smoug box for me for free. Side by side compare is only way to know just how much better it is compared to smaug. I think smoug should have floating pin too but otherwise nice box.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got the Sigelli 150W + Monday and love it!!! floating pin is a must for my deviced here on out. A nod to peerless vapes for fixing my smoug box for me for free. Side by side compare is only way to know just how much better it is compared to smaug. I think smoug should have floating pin too but otherwise nice box.

I actually had better contact with the screw. The Atlantis seems picky and if I'm not paying attention, will show up at .6 ohms on the Sigelei. Never had any issues on a Smaug or Unik V2. Not a big deal though, just something to get used to is all.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, my Unik is still working great. I do have a problem with the wood warping pretty bad. It seems that they neglected to seal the wood on the inside of the box.

I actually DID buy a Sigelei 150w last week, and I do notice a high level of quality. I've also noticed that there is a watt/voltage difference in the ratio between the two devices when running either my Kangertech Subtank or my Atlantis obviously both @ .5 ohms.

Unik 34w @ .5 ohms = 4.1v
Sigelei 34w @ .5 ohms = 4.4v

Overall, I still think that it's an ok box. I think it's actually geared more towards beginners and served it's purpose. The Sigelei 150w will be taking me on the next step of my vaping journey as I wait for my Arctic Sub-tank with Bottom Turbine Dual Coils at .2 ohms to arrive Thursday. View attachment 16481
Gotten into RDAs yet?
I got 4 here with different builds awaiting on my sig delivery today, one has impressed me so much in clone form I am seriously considering plunking down the money for an authentic.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gotten into RDAs yet?
I got 4 here with different builds awaiting on my sig delivery today, one has impressed me so much in clone form I am seriously considering plunking down the money for an authentic.

No not yet... I'm sure I will in the future for little vape gatherings. As for regular use.. Just too much work for me as a daily. I drive a truck at night and can't see dripping while flying through gears. For daily use these Sub-tanks are perfect.

I've seen some incredible RDA's. Vicious Ant makes some that looked like works of art.... I wouldn't know what direction to go in starting with those. When I get more time, I'll definitely be picking up something unique. Subtanks are just so convenient, fill and cloud. Got down to 3mg of nicotine and the flavors explode now.

I saw Horizon came out with a quad Subtank. This is going to get crazy real soon, lolol.. I can't wait =)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No not yet... I'm sure I will in the future for little vape gatherings. As for regular use.. Just too much work for me as a daily. I drive a truck at night and can't see dripping while flying through gears. For daily use these Sub-tanks are perfect.

I've seen some incredible RDA's. Vicious Ant makes some that looked like works of art.... I wouldn't know what direction to go in starting with those. When I get more time, I'll definitely be picking up something unique. Subtanks are just so convenient, fill and cloud. Got down to 3mg of nicotine and the flavors explode now.

I saw Horizon came out with a quad Subtank. This is going to get crazy real soon, lolol.. I can't wait =)
Dipping your toe in the rda pool go clones, cheaper without feeling to let off if it don;t work out for ya.

dripping is where the sigelli really outshines the smaug!... seems minor but .3 ohm limit on smaug box is annoying when I accidentally build too low. They are not kidding about the .3 ohm limit either! I had a .29 ohm build and it would not fire. the book that came with my 150W+ says .1 ohm and the web indicated .15 ohm but it does make a difference I now really appreciate. dual and quad coil builds are no problem :)

I also agree RDA clones are cheap and I collect them now. some work better than the real expensive ones so find some you like and vape on. :)

Excellent thread. I just sat here and read it in it's entirety and eventually there were some real reviews. I recently went through this same thing trying to decide which one to get. I did as much research as available, which was not much, and made my decision based on price and quality. On quality alone I would have chose the Ipv3 then the Segeli. On price there were a few but it came down to two.. The Smaug I decided against for aesthetic reasons. It just did not look like a quality piece in my opinion and I didn't want to learn a $90 lesson. It did however have on board charging which is great mainly because of the pain in the ass screws But the Tesla has a magnetic door. I went with the Tesla 120 And am glad I did. I have had no issues whatsoever. It is a solid piece with and all metal body, except for the screen, excellent venting, Stiff short throw no rattle buttons and is just so damned pretty to look at. Let's not forget the aforementioned magnetic door. Excellent feature that weighed really heavy in my decision making. As it turned out a bit more than the usb charging capabilities of the Smaug. I did change out the 510 the second day I had it to a spring loaded one. The screwy one was quite shitty. I use this thing all day every day with a Plume Veil clone. Build is .4ohm dual Clapton coils at 80 watts. If you've never built Clapton coils. pack a lunch. It's gonna be a long day. Liquids I make myself 100%vg and the clouds are so intense that if i use this thing while driving I have to expel into the back seat or I risk an accident due to zero visibility. Yeah, it's like that. I wish I had found this forum before I made my decision. It wouldn't have changed the outcome but I would have felt more informed about one of the products I could find no information on. The Tesla was no better in that respect. I found only three reviews for it. Two were extremely positive and one trashed it. He trashed it because of the crap 510 which I agree was crap. But his main issue was that it went off in his pocket for no good reason, or so he said. As it turns out,there is a chip reset feature that is engaged by depressing the - button for ten seconds then the fire button when prompted. This causes the atty to fire automatically until you unscrew it or take out the batteries. This would not have caused an issue if he had practiced a little common sense. Why would you carry a mod with atty attached in your pocket? It's like place a potential bomb right next to your dick. I don't know about y'all but I've grown kind of fond of mine and would like for it to "stick around" for a while, so I got a carry case. Problem solved. So I disregarded everything that guy said and took my chances. Worst case scenario, it shows up and is a pos I have a great box with buttons and 510 and all I have to do is replace with a more dependable chip. But alas it was not to be. This thing is awesome. Been going strong for 2 1/2 months now all day every day. Is it my only mod? No, but it's the only one I use. Just wish there had been more info on it. Perhaps a thread of some sort...

I did it in the Tesla and yeah it was kind of a pain in the nuts. If you're not proficient at soldering they can be purchased with the positive lead already in place. I got it on ebay.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've seen the Tesla and often wondered about it as a cheap backup. It's a damn good looking mod.

I don't even use my Unik V2 anymore as I can't use the coils I roll. So the Sigelei 150w is my go to. And I'll have to admit, it's way nicer than the Unik.

But Sigelei prices have dropped dramatically. I saw a 100 V2 on Fasttech for $50

Attachments

• 20150413_022541-1.jpg
    20150413_022541-1.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 5

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rolled that on my Asmodus 30mm. .25 ohms 26g nichrome core with the wraps of 32g nichrome

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also been recently toying with sub tanks. I have an Arctic and it's amazing, with the Herakles as a very close 2nd. The High Voltage had potential but just fell short just beating out the Kangertech Subtank Mini in flavor. The Matrix arrives today sometime... And the Goblin V2 is amazing if wicked correctly, but the fill screw very slowly leaks and kinda a pain to fill needing a needle bottle.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually think that the High Voltage Tank is a prototype of the Vision MK. I would say that it was a clone, but was released about a month before the MK.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dipping your toe in the rda pool go clones, cheaper without feeling to let off if it don;t work out for ya.

I've gotten an Authentic Asmodus 30mm and a Dark Horse clone. I'm debating an authentic 454 Big Block and probably the Mutation V3 & V3 XL

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've gotten an Authentic Asmodus 30mm and a Dark Horse clone. I'm debating an authentic 454 Big Block and probably the Mutation V3 & V3 XL
The mutation xl would rule the v3 regular is a tad tight for some extreme coiling but makes vaping easy.
The Dark horse clone is my daily work horse.

So, I received my Smaug 150w from www.gearbest.com[2] and it is not working as it should. It appears to be acting as a mech mod, rather than a regulated mod. No matter what wattage I set it to, it heats up the same length of time. I get the same vape at 7w as I do at 150w.

Has anybody experienced this and resolved it? I do have a support ticket open, but after reading up on gearbest reviews, I think that I might not be able get it resolved through them...

How would I use a multimeter to test to ensure that the output is what it should be?

Thanks all!

check the instructions to make sure it is set up correctly and your build is within specs (.3 is the lowest I think it will go but could be wrong). if you go to just about any yape shop they have a meter they can put in between the mod and tank that will tell you what it is pulling. smog has batteries in series so slow ramp up like almost 2 seconds other than that and the manually adjustable reverse thread contact screw, I really like my smog box for daily vaping but would not recommend for dripping. been using for over a year and even charge batteries in box these days with no worries. certainly not the best product on market but it has don't the job for me from day 1 and still works perfectly today (as I exhale a cloud...)

So, I received my Smaug 150w from www.gearbest.com[2] and it is not working as it should. It appears to be acting as a mech mod, rather than a regulated mod. No matter what wattage I set it to, it heats up the same length of time. I get the same vape at 7w as I do at 150w.

Has anybody experienced this and resolved it? I do have a support ticket open, but after reading up on gearbest reviews, I think that I might not be able get it resolved through them...

How would I use a multimeter to test to ensure that the output is what it should be?

Thanks all!

I had this same issue when I first got my Smaug Mod. It took me a little while to realize what was happening. I originally had a .3 build on it and I'm used to vaping mostly around the 40-50 watt range. It actually felt like it was vaping just fine at that wattage. I decided to go to 150 just to see what it was like and it literally felt exactly the same. So I tried going the lowest it could go which was 7 watts and yet again it vaped exactly the same.

The only thing I could think of to do was to do a hard reset of the chip. Unfortunately this chip has a really annoying process to reset it. I'll try to explain it as best I can.

The first thing you need to do is remove the atomizer. Once you have the atomizer removed you then need to power down the device using the gravity sensor. To do this hit the power button 5 times, then hit it 2 more times to take it to the system option. Then lean it to the left. It should say "ByeBye".

Once the device is powered off remove the back battery, which is the one farthest from the power button. Power the device back on. You then have to power the device off using the exact same process as you did the first time.

Now you remove the front battery and put the back battery back into the device. The device should turn itself on once the battery is in place. Now power the device off yet again using the same process as before.

Now put the front battery back in so that both batteries are in place. The device should stay powered off. If it powers on then somewhere you made a mistake and it did not reset. Simply turn it back on and set the wattage you want the first time with the gravity sensor. To do this press the power button 5 times and it should be on the wattage setting already so just lean it left to reduce the wattage or to the right to increase it. After that you should be fine using the buttons.

You probably already know how the device works but I figured I should be as thorough as possible with the explanation. So don't feel offended by that. The reset should get you back up and running properly. It did for me. If it doesn't I would definitely contact the company and see if there is something they can do.

VU Sponsors