Become a Patron!

M&PWM Modding's Custom Built PWM, OKR-T30, Unregulated & DNA/SX Mods (And More!)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's fine man.

Since you're here, there is a small chance I may not get to ship your mod until Monday. USPS is taking their sweet, sweet ass time with these volt meters and if they don't get delivered today (Sat) (the original delivery date was today, but was changed two days ago) I'll have to wait until Monday. I just finished wiring up your mod otherwise, I've even tested it. It's literally just waiting on a damned meter. I could go with the green, but you said you wanted red so you will get red. Just an update. They MAY come tomorrow, here's hoping. I'm going to be shipping the mod with the slightly more expensive than what you paid for Priority Mail 2-Day in a padded envelope. So you'll either have the mod Tuesday, or Wednesday, depending on when the meters fucking show up. Since Sunday is a no mail day, the delay (if the Meters stall out until Monday) would only be a single day overall as I'd be shipping the mod in the morning before the mail runs on Monday.

Evidence of USPS's slowness:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 19

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's fine man.

Since you're here, there is a small chance I may not get to ship your mod until Monday. USPS is taking their sweet, sweet ass time with these volt meters and if they don't get delivered today (Sat) (the original delivery date was today, but was changed two days ago) I'll have to wait until Monday. I just finished wiring up your mod otherwise, I've even tested it. It's literally just waiting on a damned meter. I could go with the green, but you said you wanted red so you will get red. Just an update. They MAY come tomorrow, here's hoping. I'm going to be shipping the mod with the slightly more expensive than what you paid for Priority Mail 2-Day in a padded envelope. So you'll either have the mod Tuesday, or Wednesday, depending on when the meters fucking show up. Since Sunday is a no mail day, the delay (if the Meters stall out until Monday) would only be a single day overall as I'd be shipping the mod in the morning before the mail runs on Monday.

Evidence of USPS's slowness:
I don't care if I wait a month, hell... some lists I've been on took over a year to make-deliver a custom mod.

I'd say you're pretty doing goddamn good..!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have added a few things.

All the iPWM mods now have a Silent PWM option. This is an iPWM with no digital features. It instead features a 60A 2S-6S (Lipo) or 60A 2S-4S (Sled) board with a Master On/Off switch built in, inside the mod. There is also a volt meter three position switch, one displays output voltage, one displays battery voltage and one (stealth mode) turns the meter off entirely. This is the PWM board and setup I personally use, as I prefer analog features to digital ones.

I have also added two OKL-T20 mods. The 'Hex Ohm V2 chip' you've probably heard of. DC-DC, 20A board with a pot to adjust through 3V-6V. I use a Big Al's OKL-T20, though. This board has slightly upgraded features over the original regulator, and has things like low voltage cutoff, reverse polarity protection and short protection built in already. Takes 2S-3S batteries.

Then I have added unregulated switch mods. These mods have a switch that lets you flip between parallel or series. The 1590N1 includes a parallel series option or a quad series to parallel switch option.

I have had to pastebin these mods.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Would also like to say in regard to the OKL-T20 mods.

If 20A is enough for you, you may like this. It has plenty the original Hex Ohm's didn't. It's in a CNC enclosure first of all, no magnets visible, nail nicked lid and no lean on any side. Anodized paint job. There is a master on/off switch and a volt meter switch similar to the one in the silent PWM mod. It will also take lipos, 18650's or 26650's, just depends on the enclosure. It also has a volt meter where the old Hex's didn't.

This is an OKL-T20 mod that IS everything the Hex Ohm V2.1 should've been.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
To any future customers

1. I don't offer refunds. I can't. I'm a budding small business and when nearly half of what you pay goes into parts for the mod, the money just ain't there. I will fix damned near ANYTHING even if it wasn't my fault. I'll help you, I'll make it right, I try to make sure that NEVER happens to begin with but if it does I got you.

2. I will work with you on almost anything. Truly. I am here to help whenever I can.

3. I love you guys. To those who have supported me, to those of you who mostly stay silent but have mods you enjoy, please love them forever. They're like my children.

4. I don't make very much money doing this, right now I pull $600-$1,200 a month and between me and my boyfriend's income, 90% of that is sucked away into bills. I left a six figure job to do this.

5. I'm not perfect, but I'm not a fuck up. Any mistakes I make, they keep me awake at night. Any mistakes that I didn't make, they still keep me awake at night. I want these mods to last you forever, I don't want you to sell them or have it go out. I want it to ride with you until you hit the grave. If I ever make a mistake I will admit to it. I can be a hot head, yeah that's no secret, but much like the US government I don't respond well to threats and attacks.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
HUZZAH, USPS has pulled my package out of oblivion and my new volt meters, drill templates and a few other things have arrived.

To any of my customers (the, 2 of you on VU right now) who have an order in that had to be delayed the weekend over the meters, they're showing up for sure tomorrow morning and your mods will be shipped out before the mail runs. Pictures of the mod, test video and tracking numbers will be sent your way sometime tomorrow afternoon! I'm quite happy, was starting to get worried USPS ate my $60 package.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mod arrived top notch dont let one mishap ruin you or run u down sounds like u did the right thing Mikhail and u are still tryin to fix the problem i hope he lets u fix it as he will appreciate the device once all is sorted out
4d39e604807289a827ca7c2c31bdcb58.jpg
9ac527fab7f888c349fb00356df7bd32.jpg
dbbbf7052d79da54fee1a6c252c8e6fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes me happy to see man, truly. I'm not trying to round people up to say YEAH I SUPPORT MIKHAIL or FUCK NO, TEAM SHOWER or any of that shit, so at this point I just want this to die. I'm praying he doesn't hit me with a chargeback because while I have no doubt once I submit my end of evidence through PayPal who has told me twice now they are on my side here, I'll end up winning AGAIN.. but it still holds my funds and fucks up my family financials. This is what happens when you go from 0 to 3,000 in five minutes.

This is just, stupid. It's glue, I epoxy'd those parts down. There are PICTURES of the mod in the first post, purple with the black sled, that SHOW it is not in the condition he got it in. I don't know why he was so quick to point all the blame onto me, yeah the shit with the sled was annoying and now TWO things? I get it, I do, it sucks, but it wasn't my fault. I felt very attacked and I WAS ultimately very attacked and then I was fucking threatened.

But, whatever. I just want things to smooth out. I want to finish his mod, assure whatever the hell dislodged the glue won't do it again as when I'm done with this $40 a bottle high grade rich person Epoxy.. I doubt a hammer could get it out. I just hate GLUING parts down like that, as it cements it in place forever and makes future repairs a bitch if something goes wrong. I used to glue down 510's, I no longer do that as GOOD luck getting the bitch off during a repair when the nut is glued onto the threads.

It seems that in his anger he pointed the finger at me over something in all reality USPS probably did (one hard knock could've dislodged it, that's how glue works..) and before anything could really be said or done, filed a claim that put me in the hole HARD. So, yeah I got mad and shot back with fuck you and damned right I'll fight this. Who wouldn't? Honestly. Then anger got the best of both of us and the situation is where it's at now. It sucks, honestly, I feel one tweak in the gears and me and him would still be friends but. I evidently make 'shit' because some glue dislodged and I got a faulty sled so, glad you like your 'shit' Derrick.

To anyone else, just leave it. Poking this situation with a stick isn't helping anyone.
Wasnt trying to poke

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Situation is resolved.

That moment when you were still talking shit because you didn't see an email that you got an hour ago and now you feel like a jackass.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Update:

The situation is resolved as I said. It can be chalked up to two hot heads doing what they do best, getting really fucking mad. We're friends, it's weird, we respect each other and to some point even I feel we understand each other.

I woke up, confused. I got hit with a refund claim that sent my account into the red. I got mad, panicked, fired off hateful ass emails and put up a shield. Then I called PP to see what I could do and got the situation progressed slightly. Then boom, your man Shower fires back with some dank ass moves and it boiled into a shitstorm that a select few people saw unfold here.

I'm sorry to anybody who had to see that, it was really stupid and can all be boiled down to two people letting tempers get the best of them. I'm gonna make his mod into a fucking crown jewel and mummify it in packaging to assure it's perfect no matter what happens.

To those of you who know me and Showerhead, you probably saw this resolution coming and ate popcorn while you waited on two Mount St. Helens' to cool down. If so, I hope you enjoyed the spectacle and got some laughs, I want to keep things as positive as I can. As, at the end of the day, we're all good and there are no bad guys.

Except USPS. We're watching you fucks.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't doubt in a NY minute you'd make anything right, if it happened to be your fault, shit happens. Been self employed my entire adult life. When things happen one has to respond quickly, cordially, and most importantly.

ASK the question...."What can I/we do to rectify the situation, or help you?"

Little things like this bring clients back, regardless of the problem. I make every client feel like they are the most important aspect of my day, and they are.

When problems was rectified ASAP, you get referrals from satisfied-past customers. This is what makes or breaks a company-business, regardless of the size. One has to have excellent customer service.

You gain more knowledge each and every day. Each day is a new learning experience no matter how long you are self-employed.

Good luck with your new and growing company Mikhail, I wish you only the best. In time you'll look back at past issues and chuckle. Been there, done it.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Insomnia is a bitch. Woke up, lagged out a while. But I discovered the OKR-T30 board.

It's like a 30A OKL-T20. So in theory it's sort of like the 180W Hex V3 board. If anyone wants a go at one of these mods, the build is simple as hell and I could bang one out for cheap.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm gonna make myself one, I'm ordering two OKR-T30's and the spare I will save for stock, so if anyone wants a fancy, high powered custom Hex Ohm style mod, I can make it for around $180 after shipping.

Back to the land of the dead.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update:

The situation is resolved as I said. It can be chalked up to two hot heads doing what they do best, getting really fucking mad. We're friends, it's weird, we respect each other and to some point even I feel we understand each other.

I woke up, confused. I got hit with a refund claim that sent my account into the red. I got mad, panicked, fired off hateful ass emails and put up a shield. Then I called PP to see what I could do and got the situation progressed slightly. Then boom, your man Shower fires back with some dank ass moves and it boiled into a shitstorm that a select few people saw unfold here.

I'm sorry to anybody who had to see that, it was really stupid and can all be boiled down to two people letting tempers get the best of them. I'm gonna make his mod into a fucking crown jewel and mummify it in packaging to assure it's perfect no matter what happens.

To those of you who know me and Showerhead, you probably saw this resolution coming and ate popcorn while you waited on two Mount St. Helens' to cool down. If so, I hope you enjoyed the spectacle and got some laughs, I want to keep things as positive as I can. As, at the end of the day, we're all good and there are no bad guys.

Except USPS. We're watching you fucks.

All good clean family fun.
No problem Mikhail, bring on the mods and your knowledge. You are an invaluable resource here for me and many others.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I would've stocked them a month ago if I could've gotten them. I finally found a source locally that will sell me up to 5 boards for now. Enough to make myself a mod and a few commissions.

If they sell, I'll try to get 10-15 in stock to keep making them.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
A few announcements.

I've now passed 20 total orders, combined from VU, friends, my FB page and some other outlets.

I still have 4 mods in my queue to finish and some other shit going on so I am quite busy, but that being said I am about to overhaul the entire page.

All of the box mod information will be put into pastebin boxes that you can see and scroll through on the thread page, with the actual thread being used for warranty info, pictures of mods and such and other general information.

Once this happens my mod lineup will be complete, outside of pure custom orders everything I offer will be listed in full pre-spec. Then I'm launching a website.

I will be offering:

iPWM Mods
Silent PWM Mods
Ant PWM Mods
Budget PWM Mods
DNA 200/250 Mods
DNA 60/75C Mods
SX Mods
Unregulated Mods of SEVERAL variants
OKR T-30 30A Mods
OKL T-20 20A Mods

Ten mod types to pick from, then the option to go full custom. I will also be including a full list of shit I offer on the side for extra, like..

Laser engraving
Part picking
Extra bezels, specialty colors, etc.
3D Printed / Stab Wood Enclosures
A GOOD bit more.

I would like to take this time to thank all of my customers. Those of you with mods (a lot of my customers seem to make an account just to order from me, either that or they ONLY lurk and don't post) already, though many of you stay silent and those few of you waiting on mods. You all are the reason I can still do this. I started out quitting a job that paid very well that I hated, with only an emergency savings to tap into as a last resort. I had to use my first few orders to get profits for some better tools. Now, I paid bills this month doing this. I told myself if I could support myself for an entire month modding, I would keep doing it. There have been a few bumps, but this is a new business so that's almost guaranteed.

Now I try to take things to a bigger level.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I stock 1590J boxes now.

Just in case you wanted a 6S lipo box the size of a small DVD player.

Man liked the old way better when everything was seperated

Yeah but there's a 10,000 character limit, which HTML effects add to, so I could fit MINIMAL of my work in there. Now I can advertise all my shit.

It may not be as pretty or flashy, but it puts my stuff out there. I'm about to switch to the FB page and a website as my main sale method, this thread will ultimately end up a side piece.

Attachments

• IMAG0445.jpg
    IMAG0445.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 21

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Big Al is discontinuing the LiPo iPWM board and the LiPo Silent PWM boards in favor of the Ant iPWM (yet to be released on the website, but he has them made and tested. Same features, same everything, just smaller) and the Ant Silent PWM board (50A instead of 60A, but otherwise the same board but smaller, again) will be replacing the Silent PWM board. He is also discontinuing the OKL-T20 board due to a lack of sales.

Very, very soon ALL my iPWM's will be Ant iPWM powered. This means I can put iPWM's in 1590G's, 1590A's and 1550P's without using VERY small batteries. This is great news. The 2S-4S Sled iPWM and Silent PWM boards will be staying.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Squonk option is $20 extra, actually. It's a tack on, I'm about to add all my misc tack ons soon. Like laser engraving, custom paint, part picking, etc.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I got the email hookup on some Ant iPWM's and they'll be here in a few days. So all iPWM mods will be Ant iPWM powered from now on.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there any differences except size regarding the Ant iPWM..?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I now offer 1590G+, 1590A+ and 1550P+ proper iPWM mods now that the iPWM has gone Ant. He has literally taken the iPWM and just shrank it down to something only 2x bigger than a potentiometer. I can fit these little fuckers into ANYTHING now.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I now offer 1590G+, 1590A+ and 1550P+ proper iPWM mods now that the iPWM has gone Ant. He has literally taken the iPWM and just shrank it down to something only 2x bigger than a potentiometer. I can fit these little fuckers into ANYTHING now.

Interesting.

Pretty slick actually, I'd like to see a Mod completed using the Ant...!

Sounds like the beez-kneezs.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm pretty sure I could do a 1590LB (SMALL FUCKING BOX) Ant PWM/iPWM mod with dual 18350's, I'd have to put a 16A limit on the mod by wiring in two 8A resettable fuses in parallel, because 18350's can't get too crazy.. but I could do it. Nice little 90W PWM box.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
NEW ENCLOSURE:

ATI GXL. It's bigger than a G, smaller than a B.

Will be offering these puppies next week.

Attachments

• 19055568_1564717993562389_2091992423999642907_o.jpg
    19055568_1564717993562389_2091992423999642907_o.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 19055723_1564717730229082_4862441403695350663_o.jpg
    19055723_1564717730229082_4862441403695350663_o.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 11

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Also, an announcement.

My laser engraving connection is up and running.

Lid engraving = $20

Full box = $40

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just trying to picture the size..... This big one is also an alpinetech.......I think it's a B.....
f4afb6421d0840ef1faf1f6630c53161.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors