Become a Patron!

Mad Dog RDA By Desire

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s not very common in the vaping world that we see an interesting product come from a company we have never heard of. The Mad Dog RDA is made by a company called Desire.

Desire is a company that hasn’t been around for too long and is relatively new to the vape scene. They are based in Shenzhen, China. Desire is a group of experienced and enthusiast vapers who designed this Mad Dog RDA with vaping at heart. Seeing that it’s designed by vapers, for vapers, you would expect this to be a great RDA right off the bat. All of this aside, when it comes to RDA’s, what’s really important is performance.

PicsArt_02-14-09.34.30.jpg

The Mad Dog is a 24mm, side air flow RDA with a double convex 2-post gold plated build deck. Just looking at the build deck, you can tell that this thing is made for your claptons and fused claptons or even aliens. The post holes on this RDA is huge and it has a sort of “cut-out” in each post hole so throwing a big build in this RDA won’t be a problem at all.

PicsArt_02-14-10.02.07.jpg

The airflow on this RDA isn’t like your other RDA’s. Desire has made the airflow on this RDA a bit unique with its “slope” style airflow which you see in the picture. This slope starts off quite low on the outside and increase in height on the inside which directs the air straight to your coils. It’s a pretty good system and works well. Another pro with this style airflow is that you won’t get leaking or spit back (burst shots) coming out of the airflow. That said, Desire could have made the airflow a bit bigger on this RDA. I personally don’t require so much of airflow and close it off a bit but for you guys who love airy draws, this is going to a con for you.

This RDA is made with high grade materials. The aviation grade aluminum-magnesium alloy construction makes this RDA super lightweight yet very tough. As soon as you remove the top cap you’ll notice how light weight it is but also how durable it is. It’s definitely quality grade materials and a nice switch from the usual SS material used in other RDA’s. The material used also plays a big role in heat dissipation. It doesn’t get hot as quick as SS and cools down faster than SS. Along with this, the RDA has a disk at the bottom which I think is plastic. This disk, together with the PEI drip tip prevent the transfer of heat from the RDA to your mod or your lips which is a definitely a pro. The guys over at Desire have really done their research before releasing this product and you can see all of this in the way this RDA has been designed.

PicsArt_02-14-10.15.09.jpg

A few specs for you on this puppy:

Weight 35g (1.23oz)
Diameter 24mm (0.94 inch)
Depth 24mm (0.94 inch)
Height 37.5mm (1.48 inch)
Width 24mm (0.94 inch
Material: aluminum-magnesium alloy and PEI

What you get in the box:

1 x Mad Dog RDA
8 x Screws (2 sets of different style post screws so you could use whichever type you prefer or feel is most convenient for you which is another pro.)
1 x Screwdriver
2 x Large Silicone O-rings
1 x Small Silicone O-ring

PicsArt_02-14-09.58.49.jpg

Performance:

I have been using this RDA exclusively for around 2 weeks daily and have not used any other RDA. The build I am running is a simple 6 wrap 26/32 dual twisted claptons at 60-70w and it has been performing excellent. The drip well isn’t too deep but that doesn’t matter to me as I remove the top cap, drip and vape. The flavor this RDA produces is damn good and that could be due to its size and the way the airflow is designed. I would say this RDA is more for flavor rather than clouds which is exactly what I like in an RDA. It does chuck some clouds but it’s aimed more towards the flavor department rather than clouds.

Pros:

Excellent choice of materials.
Well designed airflow.
Excellent heat dissipation system.
Huge build deck.
Multiple options for post screws.
Excellent flavor.
Excellent price.

Cons:

Airflow might not be enough for some you guys.
Drip well isn’t very deep.

PicsArt_02-14-09.41.43.jpg
Final verdict:

The Desire Mad Dog RDA is an excellent RDA at an excellent price. I got mine from Heaven Gifts as their shipping is extremely quick and their service is great. The guys who have designed this RDA really did their research and provided vapers with an answer to an affordable, yet excellent RDA which supersedes any other RDA in its price range. This RDA was definitely designed with vaping at heart and isn’t priced exorbitantly. It is definitely worth its price tag. Recommended.

Yip, well put. I love my Desire and use it regularly in my daily rotation. The only point I would 'disageee' on is the juice well - I find the juice well very generous compared to other RDA's and see that as a big pro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yip, well put. I love my Desire and use it regularly in my daily rotation. The only point I would 'disageee' on is the juice well - I find the juice well very generous compared to other RDA's and see that as a big pro.

After putting cotton into mine, The whole capacity of the juice well is gone. It will hold a bit of juice but not a lot like the velocity or messes etc. It isn't a major issue because this RDA is nice and short and if they were to increase the well size, The height or diameter would've been bigger

After putting cotton into mine, The whole capacity of the juice well is gone. It will hold a bit of juice but not a lot like the velocity or messes etc. It isn't a major issue because this RDA is nice and short and if they were to increase the well size, The height or diameter would've been bigger

I get you - but trim/thin the wick a bit and it has a sizable well.

Point taken though...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the Mad Dog, I really dig it (I have 3). The Yuri by Desire is awesome also, so much so I've got 4 ;)

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the Mad Dog, I really dig it (I have 3). The Yuri by Desire is awesome also, so much so I've got 4 ;)
At first I was sceptical because I've never heard of Desire. After trying this RDA out, I'm really impressed.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At first I was sceptical because I've never heard of Desire. After trying this RDA out, I'm really impressed.
Give the Yuri a try, it's a very good flavor RDA.

The price of these Atty's are excellent.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Give the Yuri a try, it's a very good flavor RDA.

The price of these Atty's are excellent.
Just saw the price of the Yuri. The price is good on that RDA as well. Will definitely be checking it out

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a free more shots of this RDA:
254cf797738530e5faffcca892ca69b9.jpg

65ca553be7e81bed8b803b1ea6dc6b38.jpg

VU Sponsors