Madagascar Vanilla?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never used this one - what makes the madagascar different than other vanillas? Are there any comparisons/substitutions?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the same as FA Vanilla Classic. Maybe a touch sweeter. Referring to my FW Madagascar Vanilla.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If that doesn't answer your questions @Teresa P , tag me with whatever questions you still have. I use all 3 of FA's vanillas a LOT.

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just recently got vanilla bourbon hasn't figured out my sweet spot while using it yet though

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds , I was trying to figure out which one would be more appropriate for vanilla custard - or even a mixture. Thanks to someone who posts so many enticing recipes (AHEM...:D), I seem to have acquired a few vanillas, but the term "madagascar" came up and I was stumped. The above post is very informative, I should have known to check for your notes!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds , I was trying to figure out which one would be more appropriate for vanilla custard - or even a mixture. Thanks to someone who posts so many enticing recipes (AHEM...:D), I seem to have acquired a few vanillas, but the term "madagascar" came up and I was stumped. The above post is very informative, I should have known to check for your notes!

If you use FA Vanilla Classic, it's more like the vanilla flavor in Jello vanilla pudding.
If you use FA Vanilla Bourbon, it might give you a hint of French vanilla (especially if you're using an eggy cream flavor). If you want vanilla bean flavor, you'll need some Vanilla Bourbon for starters.
If you use FA Vanilla Tahiti, you'll taste either almond or cherry (!)
Combinations can work well!

Depending on whom you ask, either Vanilla Classic or Vanilla Bourbon is "Madagasdar" vanilla. That's not because of disagreement about the FA flavors, but due to disagreement about what Madagascar vanilla really is.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome, thank you! I'll cross the tahiti out of this recipe, I just want rich, vanilla custard. ;)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To my taste buds, Madagascar vanilla is a bit more earthy and less fruity, if that makes sense.

VU Sponsors