Become a Patron!

Made from tobacco?

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying a new flavor from a company and I was checking out the label ( it's a cool label) only to find the warning that it's made from tobacco. The other flavor says contains nicotine.. I'd rather not name names but I don't think I'll be buying it again. But at least they're honest. What does " made from tobacco" really mean?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most nicotine is "made from tobacco"
Some flavors are "made from tobacco"

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the government considers eliquid to be a tobacco product, because the nicotine is derived from tobacco. All of the bad things are removed in the process, but it's still considered a tobacco product.

Until such time laws and regulations are changed to reflect the truth, you will see eliquid products with the same types of warnings that cigarettes have to use. Don't be put off by such language on the labels. The party line requires it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am trying a new flavor from a company and I was checking out the label ( it's a cool label) only to find the warning that it's made from tobacco. The other flavor says contains nicotine.. I'd rather not name names but I don't think I'll be buying it again. But at least they're honest. What does " made from tobacco" really mean?
it's really pretty common..some flavoring are Naturally Extracted from Tobacco and in fact these are the best tasting tobacco flavorings available.some nicotine is extracted from tobacco...so having a tobacco product in an e- juice is pretty common....after all vaping was developed not as a hobby ,but as a replacement therapy for smoking...tobacco.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
has nothing to do with nicotine, zero MG juice is still considered a tobacco product by the FDA

The Freaking Hamburger I had for dinner is most likely considered a Tobacco product by the Freaking Dimwit Association!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'd like to see the tobacco plant that sprouted 3 inch strips of Nichrome wire - but yeah - anything that contributes to the quality of your consumption of nicotine "might" be considered a "tobacco product" according to the new regulations.

This forced e-juice manufacturers to change their labels - most likely that's what you're seeing - a vendor trying to follow insane regulations that require that anything containing nic be labelled a tobacco product.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think we should call the FDA and report every restaurant that serves tomatoes or ketchup to children

VU Sponsors