Become a Patron!

Made me rethink heat steeping (Mythbusting)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
off topic, but what's the deal with the "PG/VG not VG/PG"?
Alphabetically PG comes before VG is one reason also. Some of us like order in our chaotic lives...

Back on topic, I use the old school natural ageing/shaking process. I have plenty of juice laying around and I don't mix for anyone but myself. Why apply heat and maybe screw something up in the process...

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OBDave and several of us, would like a "standard" so it is not confusing when buying juice. Most of the time the juice ratio is not mentioned and it's a crap shoot if the first number is PG or VG anymore.

I too, would like a "standard" to be put in place.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if everyone got back to the PG/VG standard it would be much easier to understand what a 20/80 blend was - the new common practice of listing the bigger number first (often without specifying what that number represents) does nothing but create mass confusion, IMHO.

agree about the common terminology. When I started, pg always came first and no one had to clarify(type pg/vg).

Alphabetically PG comes before VG is one reason also. Some of us like order in our chaotic lives...

Off topic, yes, but I'd sure like to see vapers use this convention once again. These three guys are all smarter than I, but I'm smart enough to know how right they are and how much easier using this designation once again would make our lives as we talk about this stuff daily.

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
I just had my homogenizer neutered... :)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1376-1381846217-0.gif
Shark.....you are not right, man..........:)

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It'd be kind of a funny hack if it worked. Static tones tend to overheat voice coils, though, which can lead to delamination.
I was thinking that that speaker would last about 2-3 minutes with a constant frequency applied to it. Speakers no like that. Gotta mix those frequencies up a bit.

Kinser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh Fer Fuxsake... time for a sanity check.
Mix it well and put it in the dark for a while... end of story. ...mebbe a lil shake every few days.

Forget all the wacky crap. There is no need for electrical stimulation of any sort.

Amen, the only "electrical stimulation" a juice needs comes from an atomizer.

Or you could tape it to the cat.QUOTE]

Wouldn't work on my cat, she's lazy. Probably just give me that "what are you doing look?".

Kinser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You said aging. YOU are AWESOME!
I think it's great when a DIYer actually uses proper terminology. I want to throw bricks when people call it steeping.

I also agree with using time to age your product. Screw the unnecessary equipment. I make 1-2 weeks of juice at a time. No need to make more than that.

Totally agree. I hate it when people call aging steeping. Juice is aged like wine, or cheese. Tea is steeped.

I will make as much as a month's worth of juice and store it in the juice cupboard to let it do its thing. I have many recipes for shake and vapes too. And also it is a myth that aging always makes a juice better. If a juice is terrible to start with, no amount of aging will make it good. Some flavors are actually best fresh too, not to mention some just don't need it.

VU Sponsors