Become a Patron!

Madecat_Vapes Review : Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 Kit

madecat_vapes

Member For 4 Years
Hello VU! Today I am reviewing for you the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 Kit! Trying to cash in on the success of the original Pico Squeeze, Eleaf released a new rendition of the popular ECR device. Does the Pico Squeeze 2 live up to the hype of the first, or has this line been squashed? Read below for my evaluation.

I have used the Pico Squeeze 2 for 3 weeks now and feel I can give a fair assessment of its quality.

This device was sent to me from Sourcemore for the purpose of a review.

Pico Squeeze 2 Specs
Dimensions: 97mm x 56mm x 28mm
Battery: single 18650/21700
Regulated Bottom Feeding (Squonk) Design
8ml Food Grade Silicone Squonk Bottle
Output Mode: VW / Bypass / TC-Ni / TC-Ti / TC-SS / TCR
Wattage Range: 1W - 100W
Voltage Range: 0.5V - 9V
VW Resistance Range: 0.05Ω - 3.0Ω
TC Resistance Range: 0.05Ω - 1.5Ω
Temperature Range: 100ºC - 315ºC / 200ºF - 600ºF
Preheat Functionality
0.49” OLED Display
Side Firing Button
7-Color Squonk Bottle LED Back Light
(Red / Green / Blue / Cyan / White / Yellow / Purple / OFF)
Top Loaded Battery Insert
Threaded Battery Cap
2A Micro USB Charging
Firmware Upgradeable​

Coral 2 RDA Specs
24mm Diameter
26mm Diameter With Decorative Ring
Stainless Steel Construction
Angled 2 Post Deck
Designed For Single Coil Configurations
Vertical Tension Applied Via Hex Screws
Coil Alignment Markers
Peek Insulator
Deep Juice Well
Adjustable Side Airflow
Angled Downward For Improved Flavor
810 Acrylic Wide Bore Drip Tip
Squonk Mod Compatible
Gold Plated Pin​

Current Color Options
pico-squeeze-2-with-coral2_05.jpg

Contents
Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 Mod
Eleaf Coral 2 RDA
18650 Battery Sleeve
2x 8ml Silicone Squonk Bottle
2x 0.2Ω Fused Clapton Premade Coil
Sheet Of Japanese Organic Cotton
Bag Of Spare Parts
Quick Charge Micro USB Cable
User Manual​

Operation
5 click fire button on / five click off
10 click on to see board temp
3 click fire button for Mode select (+/- to change mode)
Hold fire button and + to enter Menu
Parameter: Puff/Volt/Time
Stealth Mode
Preheat
Logo
LED Color: RGB/Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/White/Yellow/Purple
Version
Battery Voltage

Hold + and - to lock adjustment keys (can still fire device)
While Off: Hold + and - to flip screen​

Pics
Contents
BPgfTtH.jpg

Goodies
ovxBFC8.jpg

Pico Squeeze 2 Kit
tk2T5iI.jpg

Sqounk Door
CX6hQ8E.jpg

Squonk Mechanism
l0c0QCb.jpg

Included Battery
ZgipKAc.jpg

Battery Compartment
H7K1qYf.jpg

LED
asXEIZM.jpg

Coral 2 and Beauty Ring
FUg9mNx.jpg

Airflow
iqJhzVF.jpg

810 Drip Tip
4K0kS99.jpg

Squonk Pin
SZZexAE.jpg

Build Deck1
leFgmDk.jpg

Build Deck2
iKJSPDy.jpg

Airflow
jIcfI6T.jpg

Build 1
RWsXhBR.jpg

Build 2
08t5ogP.jpg

madecat_vapes

Member For 4 Years
Pico Squeeze 2 Kit
I never owned the first Squeeze. It just wasn't my thing at the time and the idea of a protected/unregulated single 18650 squonker didn't really thrill me. However, after having used a few squonks over the past several months, I was pretty thrilled to receive this item. Being 21700 compatible, regulated, and coming with an RDA and battery, I was super excited to see how well it performed. And while it has a few drawbacks, I can say that my excitement was well placed. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's jump off this review and start at the best place possible: the top.

Top/510: The top of the Squeeze 2 maintains that same look of most of the Pico line of devices: 510 on one end and protruding battery cap on the other. The 510 uses a small circular plate for the negative and a gold-plated, somewhat spring-loaded positive pin. The Squeeze 2 can fit up to 26mm attys without any worry of overhang. The entire top of the device is a SS cap held into the place via two torq screws located close to the 510 plate. The protruding battery cap has some decent gnurling for grip and matches the included beauty ring.

Battery Compartment: The battery compartment is pretty typical fare for a Pico. Unscrew the protruding battery cap to reveal the battery compartment. The cap and inside of the battery compartment are clearly marked for battery orientation and the inside of the compartment has a spring-loaded contact. The cap screws in very nicely without having to put much downward pressure on the battery to start threading and it hold the battery in nicely without any rattle. One thing I did notice, though, is if you are off a bit with the cap, you can end up scratching the top plate of the device.

Buttons: This is where things get a bit weird. The typical front placed fire button has been moved to the back side of the device. This is perfectly fine for righties, as your thumb can easily active the fire button. However, lefties will find it awkward, having to strangely grip the device and use their index finger in order to press the fire button. It's not bad if you palm the screen, as lefties can thumb the fire button that way, but it just seems counter intuitive to how I feel the device should be held. The fire button is also fiarly small, but it's not such a big deal.

The +/- buttons, however, use a similar sized circular button where pusing up is + and down is -. If you have fat thumbs like I do, it is somewhat hard to hit the desired option. You really have to go to the extreme top or bottom if you want to make sure you don't accidentally activate the wrong adjustment. I'm just not a really big fan of any of the buttons on this device.

Screen/Menu: The screen and menu on the Squeeze 2 is very small and dated. The first Pico I used was the Pico 21700, and that device had a small and dated screen. So to see it pop up again on this device was quite the surprise. I guess one could argue that this device isn't about the screen, and that's fair, but at least give it a bit of an update. While it is small and dated, the screen displays adequate information about the device and the menu navigation is simple. View the Operation section above for a more in-depth breakdown of the functionality of the device.

Size/Styling: The size of the Squeeze 2 is a good size for a single 21700 squonk device and the rounded edges make it very comfortable to hold. The device does have a bit of heft to it, though, but not so much that it's a chore. Styling of the S2 is mostly toned down, being mostly made up of the colorway of your device with some silve accents along the top, bottom and side, including the squonk bottle compartment.

Squonk Compartment/Action: The squonk compartment can be found directly below the 510 (duh). It utilizes a sliding door that is held into place via a notch and grove at the top and a fairly strong magnet on the bottom. The squonk window is large enough to double up on the finger fun. The squonk bottle is a nice, squishy silicon, and uses the same metal shaft system from the OG Squeeze. The top of the bottle requires some hardware that secures onto the device via a silicon plug located on the squonk shaft. The system as a whole works really well and stays in place well. The only con I have here is there is no additional hardware provided for the extra squonk bottle.

Performance: I know I haven't really said much as far as pros or cons at this point as to me the device itself could use a little work. However, performance in Power mode is quite exceptional and this is the part I was most impressed by. Using mostly single-coil attys and a 21700 battery, the S2 performs really well and has plenty of battery power to last over a day. Power delivery is really smooth and there is very minimal fire delay. I feel for all the blah I felt for the device is overshadowed by it's Power mode performance. While there are many more regulated squonk devices on the market today, I feel like the S2 is one of the better performers that I have tried. However, when it comes to TC, Eleaf just hasn't quite nailed it down yet. When it wasn't booting me out to Power mode, TC was quite underwhelming and I couldn't bring myself to use it much at all.

Coral 2 RDA: The Coral 2 RDA is a 24mm, single-post atty with a slanted airflow channel that also acts as a chamber reducer. Post holes are both on the same side and slanted to allow easy coil placement. Building on the Coral 2 is fairly easy, but it does require you to precut your leads as there's really no way to cut them after seating the coil. You also need to make sure the coil leads don't protrude out from the back of the post holes too far as they can touch the deck and create a short.

As for other design elements, each side of the RDA deck has a notch where you can place your coil jig making placing your coil really easy. The top cap of the Coral 2 is very plain and domed and the inside has a nice conical shape. The included 810 resin drip tip is actually really nice. It's a bit shorter than most 810s and matches well with the colorway. The provided beauty ring brings the Coral 2 to 26mm and right to the edge of the device.

Performance of the Coral 2 is decent. The flavor is there and is pretty good, yet it's not mindblowing in any way. While the angled airflow piece acts as a chamber reducer, I feel there is still a bit of excess room within the deck above the post holes that detracts from the flavor. In my opinion, a smaller atty would have been much better.​

Final Thoughts
Pros

• Spring-loaded positive pin
  • Fits up to 26mm attys without overhang
  • Nice gnurling on the battery cap
  • Clearly marked battery orientation
  • Spring-loaded battery contact
  • Battery cap screws on easily
  • Screen displays adequate information
  • Nice size
  • Comfortable to hold
  • Squonk door holds on nicely
  • Nice, squishy, silicon squonk bottles
  • Power mode performance
  • Coral 2 mostly easy to build
  • Deck notches for easy coil placement
  • Matching gnurling on beauty ring
  • Conical top cap
  • Resin 810 drip tip
  • Decent flavor
Cons
  • Can easily scratch the top plate with the battery cap
  • Placement of the power button
  • +/- buttons too small and easy to mispress
  • Screen very small
  • Menu outdated and simplistic
  • A bit heavy
  • No additional hardware for extra squonk bottle
  • TC performance
  • If you're not care cutting your coil leads, you can create a short
  • Flavor could be better
There are various design elements that I just don't care for on the Squeeze 2, yet the performance of it in Power mode really helps bump up this device in my books. The Coral 2 is decent, but not the greatest, so if you're looking at getting this device, I would opt for the device only. If you want something with exceptional TC, you'll need to look elsewhere. If you want a great Power mode squonker with the battery life of a 21700, the Pico Squeeze 2 is going to be a great option.

Purchasing
  • Sourcemore - MOD-$65.16 / KIT-$82.58

Thank you...
...for your attention VU. I hope you all have a great rest of your week!

I want to give another shout out to Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to provide this community with this review. If you want to check them out, you can follow them on their Facebook or Instagram pages.

Also, if you want to keep up with me, you can follow me on Instagram.

This review was sponsored by:

VU Sponsors