Become a Patron!

Maganus Cloud Blaster Review

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received this for free for the purpose of this review but I did not receive any compensation besides that. This is just my opinion of it after approximately 2 weeks use.

Here is what you get:

• 1 Meganus Cloud Blaster Tank
  • 1 0.15ohm X3 Turbo Coil
  • 1 0.2ohm X3 Turbo Coil
  • 1 X3 RTA Section
  • 1 Replacement Glass Tube
  • Spare Parts
  • Instructional Manual
  • 510 drip tip adapter
3TwbQmw.jpg

The spare parts are just about the most orings I have ever seen in a kit as well as extra screws (Not pictured below is the pair of parallel claptons for the RTA, allen wrench, 510 drip tip top cap and a sheet of cotton for the RTA.

U1v5phX.jpg

The coils are rated as follows:

• 0.15ohm X3 Turbo Coil - rated for 50-260W
  • 0.2ohm X3 Turbo Coil - rated for 50-180W

The Prebuilt coils
I want to point out that this tank is top airflow but the way it is designed with the prebuilt coils is the air comes from the top and is rerouted so that it comes up from the bottom of the coils. Pretty nice design and it is also meant to help cool the coils as well.
I started off with the .15ohm coils and Vapeston recommends starting off at lower wattages to break in the coil for at least 1 to 3 tanks so I did just that. Started off at the lowest range for the coil, 50 watts but that was a little too anemic for me so half way through the tank too it to 60 watts....better. Still not what I wanted though so on the next tank took it to 75 watts and that was much better for me. The coils still wasn't as good as I was hoping for so after the 3rd fill up I took it to 95 watts and that had the coil kicking but a little too hot for my 3 to 4 second hits. I wound up a little lower at 90 watts which was in my wheelhouse.

After about 6 tanks in I decided to see if it will really take the rated 260 watts. The only mod I had at the time that I was sure would give me some true watts that high is the Triade DNA250 so I dropped in a set of fresh off the charger Sony VTC5A batteries and dropped into 250 to see if it can handle it. Low and behold the .15 coil took it like a champ but it was so hot for me I could only take 1 second pulls. The wicking kept up until about the 5th or 6th hit then it was a little dry but never burned the cotton. Dropped it down to 200 and still fine but too hot for me, 150 was a lot more bearable. The coil keeps up though but the tank gets hot but not as hot as I was expecting, my TFV12 would be on fire at this point.

Flavor was good but not great with the .15 coil, I wasn't disappointed but at the same time not impressed. That is when I decided to try the .20ohm coil.

The .20ohm off the bat I felt was better using the same juice. Still not a flavor explosion but it improved over time. I am not going to say this gives off RDA type flavor but it was pretty good for a subtank. Over time I really enjoyed using the .20ohm coil over the .15, just matches my vape style better. I settled on 75 watts with the .20ohm coil as my preferred wattage but it can take more.

Airflow with these prebuilt coils is a bit restrictive compared to some of the newer subtanks the iJoy Captain and Crown 3. I would say it is similar to the original Crown tank or the new Cleito Exo, both of those tanks might have a smidge more airflow but it is close.

The RTA
I was very pleased that this comes with an RTA section, I wish all mfg's would do this. This RTA has very big wicking holes though, would like it if it they were smaller and I will explain that in a bit.

This coil also varies from the prebuilt coils as it is top airflow only, not redirect to come from the bottom. The airflow is a lot more open because of that, I actually had to close down the airflow as wide open it was too airy and I like airy tanks.

bnBa8Rs.jpg

I started off with a set of parallel claptons from Lighting Vape and at first had my coils at standard height with my normal wicking but that proved to be too spitty and a wet vape. I went ahead and pulled my wicks and lowered the coils as it was also pretty hot. I went ahead and used a lot more wicking that I normally would and got better results but my friend Mark asked me if I used the coils they included in the packaging so I decided to give those a shot for my review.

When I first took out the included claptons I noticed they were parallel but with a big ID of 3.5mm, I thought wow, this is going to be tricky. Got them in very close to the velocity posts without touching so the coils did not short out on the cap when I put it back on.

7fyP0OO.jpg

Since the coils had such a big inner diameter and I lowered my coils I did not have to use as much wicking as before.

goPSGag.jpg

27JNfMT.jpg

The cotton is filling up the entire bottom of the well and I had to push it down a bit to make sure it didn't touch the bottom of the coil.

I have to say that I was not impressed with the clapton coils that came in the package for the RTA. I did not get the same flavor or vapor production as I did with the coils I made myself with a 2.5mm inner diameter. With my first build I enjoyed the RTA a lot more, even better than the prebuilts as the airflow matched my style better.

I then decided to try one more build, this time a simpler SS316L 8 wrap 26g core 36g outer wrap clapton, 2.5mm inner diameter. I decided to try just normal coil placement with a bunch of cotton bacon to see how that worked out.

7efx9Z1.jpg

AJEUxaz.jpg

KYxsNiy.jpg

This setup worked well but not as good as my first setup with the parallel claptons with a 2.5mm inner diameter which is what I will be going back to. With my first build the flavor was good and the airflow was excellent.

What I like about this tank
  • Top airflow so it does not leak
  • a lot of parts included
  • 2 top taps, 1 wide bore the other for your 510 drip tips
  • Good flavor and decent clouds
  • includes an RTA section
  • Great packaging
  • Different color o'rings, red installed, black and clear. I wound up liking the black the best.

What I don't like

• Prebuilt coils airflow a bit restrictive
  • Wicking holes on RTA too big, needs a lot of wick to avoid a soggy vape
  • That I didn't get the sexy gold or gunmetal tank for review.....hahaha

Conclusion
Since they include both 2 prebuilt coils and the RTA this review lasted me longer than I was expecting. I used this tank for about 2 weeks everyday, it was my take along tank as I could put it in my pocket and not worry about leaking. I actually really grew to appreciate that, who wants a leaky tank anyway?

I am not going to say it has the best flavor and for sure it doesn't have the best cloud production but I never felt I was missing out while using it. I even let a few of my friends try it out and there first response was huh, a little bit restrictive in the airflow but after a little more time they all liked it. The more I used it the more I appreciated it, if I did not like it there would be no way I could go for 2 weeks with it and will continue to use it after this review.

I would love to see Vapeston make a new prebuilt coil for it similar to the TFV8 Q4 with it's single wide open coil for more airflow. If they did that it would quickly climb up the list as one of my favorite tanks. As is it will still be one of my travel tanks as it just won't leak with the prebuilt coils, love that.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review MJag

Out of interest what's the lifespan you saw on the coils? Also what type of juice were you using mate?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review mjag
I enjoyed this tank a bit more than I expected.
Still haven't ordered the other colors to complete the set but they are on my list.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a .2 Ohm coil that I have run almost 240mls of Mango Tropical Blast through from The Sauce LA and its still going strong. The .2 coil is amazing as far as longevity goes. I have all four colors of this tank. They are my out and about, shove in my pocket or bag, never leak tanks. Love my Blasters.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review mjag
I enjoyed this tank a bit more than I expected.
Still haven't ordered the other colors to complete the set but they are on my list.
Yeah, that was my feeling with it too, wasn't expecting much when I first got it but grabbed it this morning to take on the road with me, it is one of my road dog tanks for sure.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a .2 Ohm coil that I have run almost 240mls of Mango Tropical Blast through from The Sauce LA and its still going strong. The .2 coil is amazing as far as longevity goes. I have all four colors of this tank. They are my out and about, shove in my pocket or bag, never leak tanks. Love my Blasters.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
Wow, that is some longevity, good to know. Thanks for adding that.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If anybody finds a good 4th of July deal on the .20 coils please post it here. I am also seriously contemplating getting the gunmetal cloud blaster too, would look even better on my gunmetal Duo 3.

VU Sponsors