Magma build ideas

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just picked up a black magma clone and im trying to get a good build going. I had intended to use it on regulated stuff and run it single coil, so I have it set up with a 1.6 ohm micro coil on my vaporshark and it's decent. The airflow is really neat but it's either super tight or a little loose for me, at least in single coil mode. I'm down to run this in a mech, too, if it handles low ohm stuff well. What are some ideas for great flavor builds? I'm thinking tigers per usual.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only build I have done so far is a dual parallel build thats at .7 ohms.. I use the largest single air hole and do mouth to lung inhales.. Works pretty good so far..

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What diameter is your micro coil, and what gauge wire are you using? If you could post a pic of your current build, that would help us help you ;)

As for a good flavor build, I used to run a simple 1/16 diameter single microcoil with 26g wire @ .7ohms.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I go one coil using a 1/8 mandrel , 28 gauge running at under 20 watts and ohm's in the 1 - 1.8 range . Easily re wicked due to the larger diameter coil and i tuck both ends of the wicking material into the well , best flavor i have experienced .

I tried so many configurations and higher wattage but the taste i get with the above setup seems superior to me.

buymysandwiches

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
30g 10 wrap 2.4mm ID single coil. I've done a TON of builds on this using a DNA 30 and this is the best one I've found. Pretty high ohms but it's just saving your battery. Twisted 32 same wraps and ID is on par. I can't tell if it's better or just the placebo effect but both of these coils are killer at around 20W and wide open airflow on both sides

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Regarding the airflow , it's very important to make absolutely certain that both sides of the air flow holes are open to get the best possible vapor and flavor production from this model .

I made the mistake of only lining up one air hole and did not check to see if the other side was also in line and open and it really killed the quality of the vape for me , very very noticeable difference .

You can choose any size air hole you like but make sure the adjustment ring is not blocking the one on the other side .

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So you recommend running both sides of the airflow open, even running it in single coil only?

I run a magma single coil, 1 ohm with both sides open to the medium draw. Works awesome for me at about 18 watts on my vaporshark

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So you recommend running both sides of the airflow open, even running it in single coil only?

I'm no expert but i do have a lot of time with the Magma , and i think the difference is like night and day even with a single coil build . Of course it comes down to individual preferences in the end but i thought the Magma lost a lot of it's kick when only using one air hole regardless of build .

When i switched from a single micro coil wrapped with a typical 1/16 drill bit to a single coil wrapped on a 7/64th or even a 1/8th bit and wicked it with Rayon ( tucking both ends of the rayon into the well ) , making sure both air holes were open i was blown away .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run a magma single coil, 1 ohm with both sides open to the medium draw. Works awesome for me at about 18 watts on my vaporshark

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah man , i like that ohm range as well and even go up to 1.5 with both holes open and it's kick ass .

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
Love the magma. I use 26 gauge wire .5 ohm dual coil. I drilled out the larger holes on the outside and also enlarged the top deck holes. Makes a huge difference to me as I like a very airy draw. Right now I spam using rayon and tuck the ends into the drip well. Good stuff when paired with GLV southern shine ejuice :)

VU Sponsors