Become a Patron!

Magnets losing magnetism for sub .3 builds in XXIX mod

d00hickey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my XXIX clone, it hits harder than anything I own by a mile, harder than my Penny and copper Manhattan clones. Every time I fire anything below approx .3 ohms the magnets lose their magnetism. I love the magnets because 90% of my vaping is using coils built higher but I like to dabble.

Does anyone know of a spring that fits a XXIX to swap out for low builds?

Also has anyone tried carbon fiber springs? I think they would be great due to the fact that they're non conductive. I've tried searching for them but to no avail, I've only read it discussed on another forum but they may have been blowing steam in more ways than one.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does the current flow thru the magnets?

Are they getting hot?

I think they are trying to develop carbon fiber leaf springs...those HUGE load bearing springs on trucks and stuff...very very strong, and very light, what's not to like...well until you see the price tag of course

d00hickey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They get a little warm. Bay City Vapor says not to do lower than .25 on the authentic for the same reason. I presume the clone is operating in the same manner. The clone is an exact 1:1 and apparently the V1 initially came with a unique spring, hopefully I can find a similar spring. Unfortunately the BCV website is out of stock of replacement magnets, if I can find those at least I can buy a few of them.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am not a fan of magnets....the only mod I own that uses them is my 49. As for springs, Home Depot handles a large array of suitable springs that will work just fine. The only real purpose of the spring is to return the button after firing, so material is not a huge factor...despite what many will insist...voltage drop occurs at the opposite end of the mod.

VU Sponsors