Become a Patron!

mAh vs. amperage question.

Isaac Ray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking about buying those Vappower 26650's for my Seven 22 and the way I understand things the amperage is not too important in a regulated mod. Is there any reason I should buy the 4200mAh 40/60 amp over the 5200mAh 20/30 amp one for a regulated mod? I run it at 20 watts most of the time.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
they do matter in regulated devices as well you just have to know what your device pushes at the max. my hana is 30w and fires down to 0.3 so the max amps it can push is 10 amps. so i could use a 20 amp battery and be well in the safe zone. go with the higher mah here

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You want the amp load to be about 75% of the batt's discarge capability. So if you have 10a max batt you want your amp load to be 7.5a max... less is better for the batt... but that's about the limit.
What is the max amp limit on your VV?

Edit... yeah, what M5 said... 50% is nice and comfy. 75% is the pushin it range.

Isaac Ray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it's 5 amps though alibaba was the only place I could find it listed. It hits pretty hard for 5 amps though. Kinda hard for me to believe. Does anyone know for sure? 'Cause if so there's no reason not to get the 5200mAh ones.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it's 5 amps though alibaba was the only place I could find it listed. It hits pretty hard for 5 amps though. Kinda hard for me to believe. Does anyone know for sure? 'Cause if so there's no reason not to get the 5200mAh ones.
Those are protected cells you want IMR batteries its a bad idea to use any protected cells in your vaping device that vendor is IMHO a bit humorous..
IF you look on vaporjoes.com you will see that recently @Joe posted some awesome sony 26650's MNKE makes some fine 26650's as well as others I suggest you go to www.batteryuniversity.com and so a read up on Li-ion cells and the hybrids for you sake :)

Isaac Ray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not that I'll buy them from sun vapors or anything... That dude is a loon.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0.5 ohms, 22 watts should be about 6.5 amps... so just about any 26650 batt will be more than up to the task.
As the conversations gone... yeah, buy a good batt, you probably don't have to worry about mah or discharge rating... anything will last and be safe if it's a quality batt.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0.5 ohms, 22 watts should be about 6.5 amps... so just about any 26650 batt will be more than up to the task.
As the conversations gone... yeah, buy a good batt, you probably don't have to worry about mah or discharge rating... anything will last and be safe if it's a quality batt.
exactly but those batteries are an unknown unless the Flashlight guys have done testing but 5200mah?

Isaac Ray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone who has some experience with them have anything to say here? Blind incredulity is as useful to me as unverified claims...

Isaac Ray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
'Cause all I have right now are the unverified claims of the company (about the 5200 at least, the 4200 seems well verified) and the blind incredulity of Mrscaryz.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone who has some experience with them have anything to say here? Blind incredulity is as useful to me as unverified claims...
I do not think they have been tested hear yet.. if they have its a "Secret Secret Ive got a secret" - Styx

Isaac Ray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most of what I got in the past 2 weeks I have spent researching them on google has been the opposite of incredulous. So much so that I had decided to buy some but was making sure I was right about the amperage thing and wondering if anyone on here had any experience with them so I posted. That is what this forum is for, right?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most of what I got in the past 2 weeks I have spent researching them on google has been the opposite of incredulous. So much so that I had decided to buy some but was making sure I was right about the amperage thing and wondering if anyone on here had any experience with them so I posted. That is what this forum is for, right?
4200mah sounds correct all I am saying unless I saw someone test them and saw the charts etc I would not get them .. That is what my final thoughts on it are I mean sometimes I take a chance and buy something that no one has even used yet and I have a winner with batteries right now... We no not have alot of activity here on the Battery forum just a FYI... if those do 5200mah I am buying some ASAP

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey its only 20 something bucks give them a try let us know

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
your question has been answered Isaac, now go do research on a good battery if you dont believe us. MNKE has a good reputation for 26650 batteries. you are using a 5 amp regulated device, get something that can hold 20amps or at a minimum 10 amps continuous. these (http://www.fasttech.com/product/1800401-authentic-vappower-imr26650-3-7v-5200mah) say 4 amp continuous right on the page so dont use them
thanx for the backup I guess this guy wants us to put his juice in his atomizer as well.. dear god 19 posts since July and he thinks he can come in here and start mouting like an ass.. arggggggg Thats why I told him to go to www.batteryuniversity.com ;)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i took a second look at the batteries, it says 20amp continuous at the top then 4amp continuous in the description. in this situation this is when i move on to a better battery but since you already have them i suggest surfing the internet to figure out which is correct

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i took a second look at the batteries, it says 20amp continuous at the top then 4amp continuous in the description. in this situation this is when i move on to a better battery but since you already have them i suggest surfing the internet to figure out which is correct
Exactly I can tell you right now if it is doing 5200mah they are testing it at a very low output :)

Isaac Ray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everywhere but that one entry on that one page says says 20a continuous 30a pulse. I am trying to move on to a better battery but everything out there is just rewraps of other things and theses are new and claim not to be rewraps and claim to to be designed for vaping and certainly could be a MUCH better battery, even then the MNKE's (which are rewraps) IF they live up to their claims... and that is the point. Does anyone know if they live up to their claims or not? I don't care if you don't know but doubt it 'cause that still means you don't know. If I wanted people with no firsthand knowledge of these batteries to be assholes to me I'd go to any number of FB groups. Thought this place might be different.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everywhere but that one entry on that one page says says 20a continuous 30a pulse. I am trying to move on to a better battery but everything out there is just rewraps of other things and theses are new and claim not to be rewraps and claim to to be designed for vaping and certainly could be a MUCH better battery, even then the MNKE's (which are rewraps) IF they live up to their claims... and that is the point. Does anyone know if they live up to their claims or not? I don't care if you don't know but doubt it 'cause that still means you don't know. If I wanted people with no firsthand knowledge of these batteries to be assholes to me I'd go to any number of FB groups. Thought this place might be different.
You did not like my answer started in with a ass attitude that was not my fault... these are rewraps also so there ya go..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You did not like my answer started in with a ass attitude that was not my fault... these are rewraps as well so you want one of someone from somewhere to tell you if these re-wrapped batteries are good? I had answered your questions and you continued on... so let it be

Isaac Ray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You need to go back and read the thread, you're the one who started with the "ass attitude" and first you didn't know they were IMR but now you know they are rewraps? Whatever... I'm out of here.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need to go back and read the thread, you're the one who started with the "ass attitude" and first you didn't know they were IMR but now you know they are rewraps? Whatever... I'm out of here.
I did I re-read it and you just did not like the answers...

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is 4a max charge rate.
Not sure why everyone is getting so excited about a battery conversation...

Per the numbers, you are more than fine. Is it a good battery that will last? Time will tell but if what they printed on the battery is close to correct, you're good. They may not actually put out those numbers but that's another discussion.

Whatever though, even though the 20a 30a rating is probably more like 15a 30a... you only need 10a so there's plenty of wiggle room for inflated numbers.

Last edited:

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is 4a max charge rate.
Not sure why everyone is getting so excited about a battery conversation...

Per the numbers, you are more than fine. Is it a good battery that will last? Time will tell but if what they printed on the battery is close to correct, you're good. They may not actually put out those numbers but that's another discussion.
ah thank you. so yes you are fine at 20 amps

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, probably the same batts but the black wrap's stated 15/30 discharge is probably the correct one lol.

Last edited:

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah for the OP's initial question with that Seven-22 thats all he needs is 10amps doesnt need anything else... I would not buy them as I am crazy and do crazy things that need mucho amps

VU Sponsors