Become a Patron!

Mainstream DNA250 with Lipo Besides VS?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted a beater so in some situations I don't wreck my customs. I am stuck on DNA250 period. All I know with a Lipo is VaporShark and I hate their rubber finish. Is there anything else out there?

I have had it with 18650's. Eventually always a contact issue or a short. YMMV of course.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok so there are alot of choices when it come to lipo dna250 mods. I would jump on youtube and type in dna250 and watch some reviews. But here is a few i can think of at the moment.
1. Vaporized Nomads Boss 3000
2. Tuglyfe Dna250
3. VT Inbox dna250
4. Gingervaper Boxer Dna250
5. Mad Modder makes a couple Dna250 mods with various size lipos.
There are alot more i just cant think of the top of my head. Ill post again if i think of any others. Hope that helps.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. The thing is those are not mainstream. I meant like Smok,Wisemec,Lost Vape,Sigelei Etc. Not limited to those brands but I mean you see it everywhere and it is like under $140. Apparently it does not exist. They are all on Primary Cells. It is not a problem. If those are $200-ish fine for a beater. I am just not taking Multi-Thousand Dollar custom Mods on Boats and shit. I appreciate the list however. Have to see what those cost. You might ask if I can afford High End custom's who cares? Well, I do not want to just waste money dropping it to the bottom of the Ocean, losing it Etc. Right now I am relegated to vaping in safe indoor environments since I am done with garbage Mod's. I know the brands I mentioned but I fully expect it to be disposable so in that case it does not matter.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure that you'll find a board that retails for 80$ in a 'disposable' mod but here's another one that I always considered mainstream.
http://www.protovapor.com/product/xpv-dna-250d/

Historically vaporshark was one of the more affordable DNA modders, that didn't change until China started getting in on the evolv game.

That said hcigar has one of the more affordable dna250s that I'm aware of but it's 3 18650s
https://www.vapordna.com/HCigar-VT250S-DNA-250-Box-Mod-p/vt250s.htm

You could always go the 167 route and save a few bucks with a double 18650 with things like the therion, or thinkvape or even the oni by asmodus
https://www.vapordna.com/Asmodus-Oni-167W-DNA-167-Box-Mod-p/oni167.htm
Hcigar 167
http://m.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_587743.html

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I am also done with Primary's as the tolerances in these cheap Mod's are just unreliable I would just get a Triade which can be had for $130 or so. The thing is a nightmare IMO. I hate the rubber on the VS but i guess that is really it and it can be had under $200. A B&M has them and those Guy's make a deal on anything "Expensive" even though VS is pricelocked like YiHi. I can't be messing with Primary's in some places anyways. Not a hazard just inconvenient. . The truth is even though these are $200 which is a lot to many folks they are disposable anyways. That is why I went with only customs and Lipo's. Come to think of it I think there are some metal customs around that price. At least it will work until I lose it or it disappears I wish Hana was still around. I know they screwed many people but they treated me fine. Probably because I would just show up there. Their soldering was crap and the power connector could not safely support 200W but otherwise they were a good deal for a US hand made Mod. I gues it is just VS. The Guy's are Chinese go figure. So I bet I can get it for like $165. For that who cares about the rubber. Plus I have heard the improved it. It is otherwise well made. Far ahead of LV,Wisemec IMO. The funny thing is the VS store is across the mall from the guy's discounting them LOL. I don't mean to be a jerk that $200 is a beater. I know that is not even obtainable to many people and I respect that. I would have been fine with mass produced Mods but every one died. I have like 40+ dead Mods. That right their is more than the price of a fine lower end custom. If these things are holding up for people I just have bad luck I guess. However I read reports as bad as explosions. For one thing even the 250 Evolv does not intend to run on Primary's. It is just the Chinese doing that so they saved face and put reverse polarity now. Nearly every custom and 100% of High End customs are Lipo. That is another story though.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've had everything vs has put out.
In fact I just traded off a flask.
Check your pms

BAM crew

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks. The thing is those are not mainstream. I meant like Smok,Wisemec,Lost Vape,Sigelei Etc. Not limited to those brands but I mean you see it everywhere and it is like under $140. Apparently it does not exist. They are all on Primary Cells. It is not a problem. If those are $200-ish fine for a beater. I am just not taking Multi-Thousand Dollar custom Mods on Boats and shit. I appreciate the list however. Have to see what those cost. You might ask if I can afford High End custom's who cares? Well, I do not want to just waste money dropping it to the bottom of the Ocean, losing it Etc. Right now I am relegated to vaping in safe indoor environments since I am done with garbage Mod's. I know the brands I mentioned but I fully expect it to be disposable so in that case it does not matter.
The VT250 is under 150 and the Boxer is around 200ish. Dna250 mods are going to be over 100 easily. I know the custom dna250 are pricier but i know they will last alot longer with everyday wear and tear. I would go for a Alpinetech G+ box with a lipo, varitube 510, mitec switch, and dna250 board. That is a nearly bullet proof setup. And anything does break you can always swap out the part.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks firebird. nevweezy, i think you missed something. I have 40+ dead production Mods. I have 4 big money customs and 8 more "reasonably" priced customs. I am done with production mods. I also said $200 not $100. That is for a beater. Hopefully I will lose it before it quits working. I had said the same exact thing you just said as advice to another member here 2 day's ago. I take it you missed that. I am not dissing you i know you are trying to help but you must have missed something I had said regarding this. In fact a few posts above in this very thread. I mean no bad will. however, just pointing out that We are already on the same page.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
thanks firebird. nevweezy, i think you missed something. I have 40+ dead production Mods. I have 4 big money customs and 8 more "reasonably" priced customs. I am done with production mods. I also said $200 not $100. That is for a beater. Hopefully I will lose it before it quits working. I had said the same exact thing you just said as advice to another member here 2 day's ago. I take it you missed that. I am not dissing you i know you are trying to help but you must have missed something I had said regarding this. In fact a few posts above in this very thread. I mean no bad will. however, just pointing out that We are already on the same page.
Ok i must have missed that. I was just saying if your going to spend 200 there are custom boxes around that price range. I know a guy that makes custom dna250 mods in a G+ inclosure and a maxamps 1850mah for around 200. And for another 60 he will do a custom hydro dip for you. Didnt mean to offend you, if thats what i did. I was just trying to help. I hope you find what your looking for. And that sucks that so many mods have shit the bed on you. Best of luck.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No offense at all! I know there are customs for that price. If I see one on an auction I will probably just do that. I do not want one of my big bucks, like Amber DropBox in a disposable situation. Thanks for the help everyone.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've got a Boss 3000 V2 for sale if you're interested. DNA 250, 1850mah lipo.

Wheelin247

Member For 3 Years
I wanted a beater so in some situations I don't wreck my customs. I am stuck on DNA250 period. All I know with a Lipo is VaporShark and I hate their rubber finish. Is there anything else out there?

I have had it with 18650's. Eventually always a contact issue or a short. YMMV of course.

Have you thought about getting a DNA250 mod kit? I've gotten plenty of 18650 unregulated kits and got tired of having to charge 18650's multiple times a day or carrying around 4-8 extra cells (I used unregulated and mech quad 18650's). I ended up going to a lipo NLPWM. I got the kit for $125 (Friendly Fire Mods or Voltrove websites). They have NLPWM and DNA250 kits. You could also buy the parts (board, wire and shrink wrap) and put it in a 1590B AlpineTech box with a voltmeter (you can find them on eBay between $20-$25) and build the kit you would be happy. It wouldn't cost you $200 and you would know everything about the mod and how everything works. Just figured you would be better off that way (if you know how to solder).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors