1. NOW MORE THAN EVER - WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND!

VU IS GIVING AWAY BUMPER STICKERS! SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

Making CBD juice with isolate

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by Rooster Cogburn, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn Keto Killer VU S.W.A.T. Team member VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    i ordered 5 grams of CBD isolate and was planning on making some vape juice. I wanted to know if anyone has done this and could answer a few questions I have? I’m going to use pg only I think and was wondering how many grams will dissolve in how many ml’s? Can I put 5 grams in 10ml’s of pg? If not how strong can I go? Also can I use it as a tincture if I wanted? I know it’s not ideal but is downing a little pg ok to do? Lastly what’s the best way to vape it? I was planning on dripping it on my Profile rda that is been used with regular juice so I don’t have to absorb a ton of CBD in the wicking. Thanks for any guidance you will be able to provide.

inspects likes this.
  2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    PG is in a lot of foods, like margarine and gummy candy, is perfectly okay for tincture or sublingual

I used to have a formula I used to dissolve CBD isolate, but now just leave it for about a month in as little PG as possible, and dilute it and add about an equal amount of VG when I want to vape it, just a drop goes a long ways

Wb80, Rooster Cogburn and inspects like this.
  3. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn Keto Killer VU S.W.A.T. Team member VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    So if I wanted to make 50/50 juice it would be ok? I’ve read that adding too much vg can cause the CBD to re-crystallize. As long as you wait for it to fully dissolve before adding the vg would that work?

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I've found it (at least the isolate I use) tries to recrystallize no matter what I dissolve it in

inspects, Wb80 and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  5. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Much appreciated :thanks:

inspects and JuicyLucy like this.
  6. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    @JuicyLucy one more question if you don’t mind. I’ve mix about 4 grams in around 20mls and with the pg only it dissolved and left clear liquid basically identical to just pg. I then added about 10ml’s of vg and it is opaque now. It doesn’t look like the CBD has crystallized so I was wondering is this what your CBD liquid looks like also? Or should it be clear?

inspects and Wb80 like this.
  7. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Mine did turn to the same color as jizz when I added VG, lol

8. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Yes very accurate description. Mine did exactly that....now I’m a little reluctant to use as a tincture. I think I will stick to vaping it, lol. Thanks again, you’ve been very helpful.

Wb80 likes this.
  9. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    I'm still trying to figure it all out - here is a photo I took the first time it happened, I was stunned, lol

jizz wiz.jpg

10. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Ive actually been looking into doing this myself as i can get isolate cheaper. So reading this was helpful.

Rooster Cogburn and JuicyLucy like this.
  11. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I think Isolate for vaping as I do not think one should vape the CBD oil?

12. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    I don't vape the oil. Been buying pre made cbd e liquid. Just pricey. N i know i can get way more isolate for my money. And it is more diy fun.

Rooster Cogburn likes this.
  13. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Vaping the tincture is a big no no.

The Cromwell and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  14. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Adding dissolved Terpenes also give you a full spectrum CBD which is much more potent than just isolate BTW

Rooster Cogburn and inspects like this.
  15. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    That i did know. Just isolate dc osent work for my wife at all

16. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, it is pretty wimpy without it

Rooster Cogburn likes this.
  17. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Out of curiosity, where have you found good isolate cheap? I picked up 5 grams from bluebird botanicals for $86 I believe. There is a coupon code for first time buyers for 20% off. I think the code was firsttime. Anyway it is $112 regular price. Just wondering if you’ve found a place with better prices.

18. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Havent found any better than that yet. I was just comparing isolate pricing to pre mixed cbd juice. And if ther is 1000mg per gram even 112$ is way better in comparison

19. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Yea it 5000mgs for $112 without any coupon codes. The only thing I don’t like is the lack of terpenes. I’m of the belief that mother nature knows what she’s doing and it’s more effective to take all the ingredients of the plant together. I don’t like what THC does to me but even that in small amounts I think is beneficial. Bluebird has their concentrated tinctures on sale right now for 30% off with the code feed30 for any who are interested.

20. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    I've been looking at b bird. I really need to mix my own full spec juice. Between me and my wife pre mixed is just to much $ to use it as needed. I am not a fan of thc either. Used to smoke medically but now i dont want 2 b drunk or high on anything. So cbd is a godsent to me.

JuicyLucy likes this.