Making CBD juice with isolate

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by Rooster Cogburn, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    i ordered 5 grams of CBD isolate and was planning on making some vape juice. I wanted to know if anyone has done this and could answer a few questions I have? I’m going to use pg only I think and was wondering how many grams will dissolve in how many ml’s? Can I put 5 grams in 10ml’s of pg? If not how strong can I go? Also can I use it as a tincture if I wanted? I know it’s not ideal but is downing a little pg ok to do? Lastly what’s the best way to vape it? I was planning on dripping it on my Profile rda that is been used with regular juice so I don’t have to absorb a ton of CBD in the wicking. Thanks for any guidance you will be able to provide.

inspects likes this.
  2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    PG is in a lot of foods, like margarine and gummy candy, is perfectly okay for tincture or sublingual

I used to have a formula I used to dissolve CBD isolate, but now just leave it for about a month in as little PG as possible, and dilute it and add about an equal amount of VG when I want to vape it, just a drop goes a long ways

Wb80, Rooster Cogburn and inspects like this.
  3. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    So if I wanted to make 50/50 juice it would be ok? I’ve read that adding too much vg can cause the CBD to re-crystallize. As long as you wait for it to fully dissolve before adding the vg would that work?

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I've found it (at least the isolate I use) tries to recrystallize no matter what I dissolve it in

inspects, Wb80 and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  5. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Much appreciated :thanks:

inspects and JuicyLucy like this.
  6. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    @JuicyLucy one more question if you don’t mind. I’ve mix about 4 grams in around 20mls and with the pg only it dissolved and left clear liquid basically identical to just pg. I then added about 10ml’s of vg and it is opaque now. It doesn’t look like the CBD has crystallized so I was wondering is this what your CBD liquid looks like also? Or should it be clear?

inspects and Wb80 like this.
  7. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Mine did turn to the same color as jizz when I added VG, lol

8. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Yes very accurate description. Mine did exactly that....now I’m a little reluctant to use as a tincture. I think I will stick to vaping it, lol. Thanks again, you’ve been very helpful.

Wb80 likes this.
  9. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    I'm still trying to figure it all out - here is a photo I took the first time it happened, I was stunned, lol

jizz wiz.jpg

10. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Ive actually been looking into doing this myself as i can get isolate cheaper. So reading this was helpful.

Rooster Cogburn and JuicyLucy like this.
  11. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I think Isolate for vaping as I do not think one should vape the CBD oil?

12. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I don't vape the oil. Been buying pre made cbd e liquid. Just pricey. N i know i can get way more isolate for my money. And it is more diy fun.

Rooster Cogburn likes this.
  13. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Vaping the tincture is a big no no.

The Cromwell and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  14. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Adding dissolved Terpenes also give you a full spectrum CBD which is much more potent than just isolate BTW

Rooster Cogburn and inspects like this.
  15. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    That i did know. Just isolate dc osent work for my wife at all

16. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, it is pretty wimpy without it

Rooster Cogburn likes this.
  17. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Out of curiosity, where have you found good isolate cheap? I picked up 5 grams from bluebird botanicals for $86 I believe. There is a coupon code for first time buyers for 20% off. I think the code was firsttime. Anyway it is $112 regular price. Just wondering if you’ve found a place with better prices.

18. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Havent found any better than that yet. I was just comparing isolate pricing to pre mixed cbd juice. And if ther is 1000mg per gram even 112$ is way better in comparison

19. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Yea it 5000mgs for $112 without any coupon codes. The only thing I don’t like is the lack of terpenes. I’m of the belief that mother nature knows what she’s doing and it’s more effective to take all the ingredients of the plant together. I don’t like what THC does to me but even that in small amounts I think is beneficial. Bluebird has their concentrated tinctures on sale right now for 30% off with the code feed30 for any who are interested.

20. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I've been looking at b bird. I really need to mix my own full spec juice. Between me and my wife pre mixed is just to much $ to use it as needed. I am not a fan of thc either. Used to smoke medically but now i dont want 2 b drunk or high on anything. So cbd is a godsent to me.

JuicyLucy likes this.