Making CBD juice with isolate

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by Rooster Cogburn, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn The Right Hand of God: SWAT!!!bitches!! VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    i ordered 5 grams of CBD isolate and was planning on making some vape juice. I wanted to know if anyone has done this and could answer a few questions I have? I’m going to use pg only I think and was wondering how many grams will dissolve in how many ml’s? Can I put 5 grams in 10ml’s of pg? If not how strong can I go? Also can I use it as a tincture if I wanted? I know it’s not ideal but is downing a little pg ok to do? Lastly what’s the best way to vape it? I was planning on dripping it on my Profile rda that is been used with regular juice so I don’t have to absorb a ton of CBD in the wicking. Thanks for any guidance you will be able to provide.

inspects likes this.
  2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    PG is in a lot of foods, like margarine and gummy candy, is perfectly okay for tincture or sublingual

I used to have a formula I used to dissolve CBD isolate, but now just leave it for about a month in as little PG as possible, and dilute it and add about an equal amount of VG when I want to vape it, just a drop goes a long ways

Wb80, Rooster Cogburn and inspects like this.
  3. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn The Right Hand of God: SWAT!!!bitches!! VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    So if I wanted to make 50/50 juice it would be ok? I’ve read that adding too much vg can cause the CBD to re-crystallize. As long as you wait for it to fully dissolve before adding the vg would that work?

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I've found it (at least the isolate I use) tries to recrystallize no matter what I dissolve it in

inspects, Wb80 and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  5. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Much appreciated :thanks:

inspects and JuicyLucy like this.
  6. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    @JuicyLucy one more question if you don’t mind. I’ve mix about 4 grams in around 20mls and with the pg only it dissolved and left clear liquid basically identical to just pg. I then added about 10ml’s of vg and it is opaque now. It doesn’t look like the CBD has crystallized so I was wondering is this what your CBD liquid looks like also? Or should it be clear?

inspects and Wb80 like this.
  7. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Mine did turn to the same color as jizz when I added VG, lol

8. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Yes very accurate description. Mine did exactly that....now I’m a little reluctant to use as a tincture. I think I will stick to vaping it, lol. Thanks again, you’ve been very helpful.

Wb80 likes this.
  9. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    I'm still trying to figure it all out - here is a photo I took the first time it happened, I was stunned, lol

jizz wiz.jpg

10. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Ive actually been looking into doing this myself as i can get isolate cheaper. So reading this was helpful.

dez, Rooster Cogburn and JuicyLucy like this.
  11. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I think Isolate for vaping as I do not think one should vape the CBD oil?

Rooster Cogburn and JuicyLucy like this.
  12. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    I don't vape the oil. Been buying pre made cbd e liquid. Just pricey. N i know i can get way more isolate for my money. And it is more diy fun.

Rooster Cogburn likes this.
  13. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Vaping the tincture is a big no no.

The Cromwell and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  14. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Adding dissolved Terpenes also give you a full spectrum CBD which is much more potent than just isolate BTW

dez, Rooster Cogburn and inspects like this.
  15. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    That i did know. Just isolate dc osent work for my wife at all

Rooster Cogburn and JuicyLucy like this.
  16. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, it is pretty wimpy without it

dez and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  17. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Out of curiosity, where have you found good isolate cheap? I picked up 5 grams from bluebird botanicals for $86 I believe. There is a coupon code for first time buyers for 20% off. I think the code was firsttime. Anyway it is $112 regular price. Just wondering if you’ve found a place with better prices.

18. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Havent found any better than that yet. I was just comparing isolate pricing to pre mixed cbd juice. And if ther is 1000mg per gram even 112$ is way better in comparison

19. Rooster Cogburn

Blog Posts:
    Yea it 5000mgs for $112 without any coupon codes. The only thing I don’t like is the lack of terpenes. I’m of the belief that mother nature knows what she’s doing and it’s more effective to take all the ingredients of the plant together. I don’t like what THC does to me but even that in small amounts I think is beneficial. Bluebird has their concentrated tinctures on sale right now for 30% off with the code feed30 for any who are interested.

20. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    I've been looking at b bird. I really need to mix my own full spec juice. Between me and my wife pre mixed is just to much $ to use it as needed. I am not a fan of thc either. Used to smoke medically but now i dont want 2 b drunk or high on anything. So cbd is a godsent to me.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  21. Neogrinch

Neogrinch New Member

Blog Posts:
    This is an old post but I thought I would contribute my experience. I make Cbd vape juice.

I start by adding 2 grams of Cbd isolate to 30ml bottle filled with PG (Cbd will not mix in vg). I place the bottle in very hot water for 5 minutes then give it a good shake. I don’t usually have any issue with crystallization this way, though I do give it a good shake every time I use the bottle to mix. This bottle Of pg now has about 67mg per ml of Cbd.

i make my vape juice in traditional 60ml bottles. So when I make my 70/30 juice, i add the amount of Cbd I want sourced from the premixed 30ml bottle of Cbd pg. I usually do 3ml, which is 200mg Cbd. That will be 3ml of the total Pg needed. Then the nic and flavor. And then vg to finish it off.

200mg Cbd in 60ml is 3.33 mg/ml of Cbd in the finished vape juice. I usually go through about 10-15ml juice a day, which is 33-50mg of Cbd microdosed per day. You may need a lower dose, especially if new to using Cbd. Dosing can vary pretty wildly per individual. You will need to adjust this formula based on how much you vape per day on average, as well. I also supplement this with sublingual dosing 1x per day. I take for chronic pain condition, so tend to require higher doses than many users. You can find dosing suggestions online.

just thought I’d share my experience, because Cbd is so expensive, but can be really affordable to diy. I get my Cbd isolate from the hemp barn and hass hemp Colorado. Hemp barn is usually about 15 dollars for a gram, and it’s on sale at hass hemp for $12/g right now.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Wb80 likes this.
  22. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    So is it full spec or str8 isolate? Your method sounds solid but for my pain n anxiety I've found full spec is the best in my case.

23. Neogrinch

Neogrinch New Member

Blog Posts:
    cbd isolate, though I have done the same with Cbd distillate before, which is full spectrum. Harder to find Cbd distillate online though. With sublingual tinctures I’ve found the full spectrum more beneficial, but for vaping, the isolate has worked really well for me.

Wb80 likes this.
  24. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I was just on here trying to figure out how to do the same thing with some free isolate crystals I got and figured out the measurement on my skill I bought that was recommended on here for making vaping juice, but was wondering some of those same things.
    I do know that when it comes to isolate, it is a 100% CBD, unlike a tincture or vaping juice, so 10MG of crystals =10MG of CBD.

What you put in to the amount of liquid should take a little math and you should know how much is in it like if you put in 10MG into 10ml of vape liquid, you would have about 10mg/ml..right? Correct me if I'm wrong because I was just thinking this through as I was going to figure it out for myself right now and I was going to post the same question.. When it comes to the scales, if you use a PG that is wider it is about the same milligram and ml, no matter how you measure it.. vg weights more than pg though.

25. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Can you just drop it in the liquid and Shake It Up and use it then? Or drop it in and stir it up with something and use it then?

I just got mine and wanted to try it out.

Will you tag me if you find that formula of yours? Thanks!

26. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    You'd be missing the trace t*c wouldn't you? To make it full spectrum?

This would be broad spectrum without that Trace amount right?

I was wanting to get terpenes to add.. and I know greenroadsworld makes them already vapable in different flavors, and they about put me on my butt the first week I used it, but then didn't do much for me after about a month.. and don't even compare when you do them alone compared to regular CBD.. but I was wondering about getting terpenes.. and where you could get good quality that would be somewhat inexpensive, and learn how to do that..

If anyone has info? I've been vaping tincture even though it is a No-No, and now that I have some free crystals that were sent to me, I am wanting to add them to my regular vape juice tonight. So I'm glad I saw what the color the crystals did to everyone's Vape juice.. I guess the color of the crystals made the juice look very cloudy. They did dissolve, but they are still in there, so I guess whatever color they were, it would change your liquid to that color somewhat.

27. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Darn! What I got sent to me is $48 & it is only 500mg of crystals, from Endoca..99% pure but they do have small amounts of terpenes they say. You can look on the website. They told me the ones for people and then ones for dogs are actually the same, and the price is the same, but it mentions vaping for people.. & the ones for dogs mention using with "flower or tincture"..
    So I wonder if there is a difference- but they told me on the phone there is not.

I think that some of the best priced crystals listed were from cbdistillery, and I don't remember the price.. but I know they were used as an example about pricing with CBD.. with Isolate vs. Tincture, and this would definitely cut your price in half to make tincture.. if you just wanted to add it to some MCT/fractionated coconut oil liquid.. just any regular liquid coconut oil would work.
    *You would want food grade, because a lot of it is just for skin care.. Just be careful with what you consume.

(That is the safest advice that I give for other people- but for myself, coconut oil is very gentle and moisturizing and liquid coconut oil is edible, and it is antimicrobial- so even if it is not food grade, it should be fine.. because it in and of itself would kill any pathogen.)

EDIT- THE CRYSTALS THEY SENT ME FREE AREN'T DISSOLVING IN MY VAPE JUICE, WHICH IS 50/50.. w/FLAVOR BEING PG ALSO, & NO NIC.

I WONDER IF THERE REALLY IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 1 FOR PEOPLE & THE 1 FOR DOGS.. WITH THE SAME PRICE & BASICALLY SAME DESCRIPTIONS.. EXCEPT FOR ON THE BOX-
    THE 1 FOR DOGS SAYS " for use with flower or tincture"..& THE 1 FOR PEOPLE SAYS "for Vaping, etc., etc.".

PS. Coconut oil being antimicrobial, is great for your skin if you have any kind of fungal or bacterial disease.. like foot fungus or acne, and tea tree essential oil is wonderful for those purposes and is antifungal, and antimicrobial, and antibacterial, and you can take a few drops of tea tree oil (that is very cheap for an ounce), and mix it in with a little liquid coconut oil, and make/use it instead of paying high prices for specialized athlete's foot.. or dandruff shampoo (just add tea tree oil to the shampoo and that case)..or whatever you would use, like a special facial moisturizer if you have acne. Totally cheap and extremely effective. Tea tree oil I think can be diluted in water also and sprayed on if you need to or used as a foot bath, and it is as effective as benzoyl peroxide with bacteria. (I'm kind of a skincare junkie, LOL.)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019 at 6:09 AM
  28. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    What is CBD distillate? Thank you

29. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    You should post that on the sticky they let me start under cbd for deals & specials. U may find something better there too. I've been away sick for a long time and need to check it out myself.

30. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Daaammn! I was given a couple of endoca's 500mg (1/2g), $48/each pots of 99% crystals w/small amounts of terpenes. Are there terpenes in yours?

Also..tonight I've tried dissolving 30mg into 3ml of liquid (probably needed more but just wanted to try 1 tankful to see how it went..& need a formula for mg per drop, I think), & it would never stir and & desolvewell..& I stirred it and let it sit and went back in a couple of hours and it still wasn't dissolved!

I added it to my homemade 50/50 mix w/only flavor (pg)..& no nic. They sent me the 1 for DOGS that's priced & described the same & they told me it IS THE SAME..but it mentioned using the 1 for DOGS with flowers or tincture.. and the 1 for people to vape, etc., etc. on the boxes separately.

Is this the problem?
    Will it work not totally dissolved?

HELP?

31. Walter Ladd

Walter Ladd Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Isolate is not soluble in VG
    It is in PG, a gram in 30ml is good starting level as it makes it easy to dose. It helps to warm it up though.
    That being said...
    It is very soluble in oils, I like it in olive oil orally. DO NOT VAPE ANY OIL of any type - ever!!! unless you wish to become a hospitalized victim (or resident of the morgue).
    I suspect that there may be a potentially serious problem with inhaling CBD isolate as it is a solid crystalline substance that is not water soluble. (Never mind the ads, self professed experts and sales rhetoric)
    I have been testing cbd isolate for months (I have years of lab experience as a product developer). In my opinion it should be only be ingested orally and not inhaled.
    I would suggest extreme caution playing around with substances you breathe..
    The comments I read in these forums scares me to death. I would suggest not believe anything you read on the Internet concerning this subject. (Except-Don't Do it!)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019 at 10:52 AM
    dez likes this.
  32. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I am confused about the dosing, because the pot that mine came in looks like it would only hold about 5ml of liquid..& is 500mg @ $48.. and is the only size they carry.

It is certainly is not meant to be used with a lot at a time like I hear other people do, and you can tell just from the size of the product, and YouTube videos they told me to watch.. where I saw how much they used, about a pea-sized amount is 30 mg.. and she said 10 mg is about the size of one grain of rice.

But other people are talking about using a whole lot, and I was only using 30 mg which was a pea-sized amount out of this they said.. and they said a 10mg amount..as it is 99% pure, the weight is the same as your mg, & I thought all crystals were 99% & would be measured interchangeably, so shouldn't we all be using the same amount to get the same mg?

Also, can someone tell me how do you get the crystals to melt into it if it's already been put into a 50/50 mix?

Will it melt all the way into a pg, and then you can add the vg and flavor afterwards?
    Thank you!
    I'm very confused on why I had such a tiny little bottle that is the only size they sell that is $48, but other people are getting 5G not nearly priced the same while I'm getting 500mg, and I don't understand the difference..

When I looked up dosage on a LinkedIn website, it said to use 2.5 grams or more to get a 10 mg amount which made no sense to me, and would be more than what came in that Cup itself!

So I'm thinking people must be making these differently in strength/dose? I wish I knew how to edit my on this phone, Samsung Galaxy S8, + also use the Imgur app.

My cup is about as big around as a quarter and about 2/3" tall. It's 500mg. You can see what I got from the Endoca website better and look at the dosing amount size on the tip of a knife better, if you look at a couple of videos on endoca crystals.

1 is just 3 minutes long, and it is a guy just showing you the size of the pot, and another one is two girls from London or somewhere overseas, and they are using it as a dab, and using the amount that I was going to put into 3ml of Vape juice, though I realize now that that would not have been near enough.. But do not know how to figure out how much I would need.

The crystals for people & the crystals for dogs, they told me at Endoca..are the same, with the same price and amount and description, but the box is a little different and dimensions Vape for people but it mentions flower and tincture on the one for dogs, and they gave me a couple of boxes/bottles of it for the dogs.. and said it is the same and I can vape it. Help?

33. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    You said it's not soluble in VG, vegetable glycerin, but it is in oils, so it seems to me that it would be easier to dissolve in VG.. So going by your math, if one gram which is 1,000 mg is good for a 30ml bottle, I would need [EDIT] 100mg for 3ml.. just to try out a tank of it? How much concentration %, does that give you? Or how can you figure it out?

How much would be in each drop..just so you could compare to what you are used to?

I know there are supposed to be 20 drops in a teaspoon, but cannot remember how many drops are in 1ml. I'll have to look it up.. but it may have been 20 for that.

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019 at 10:47 PM
  34. Walter Ladd

Walter Ladd Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    There is no standard dose for CBD. It is a trial & error thing. My recipe of 1000mg in 30 ml (1 fl. ounce bottle) in PG or olive oil is for ORAL consumption NOT vaping.
    With my eye dropper 30 drops is 1.0 ml in volume (Your eyedropper will be different I would assume so you need to measure your drops into something that can measure very small amounts in ml. accurately).
    So 1000mg/900 drops= 1.1 mg CBD per drop. Easy to dose now - right?

If you want to measure the dose for vaping you would have to know the mg/ml of CBD AND how many puffs in a ml with your particular equipment.

dez likes this.
  35. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Where do you buy yours pre-made? CBD e-juice? My CBD crystals will not dissolve in my e-juice ..