Become a Patron!

Making custard bases.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've read a few times recently, once by wllmc, that some people make 100 ml+ of custard bases, let them sit for awhile then use them as needed. It makes sense to me, but I'm trying to understand it. I've been looking here and elsewhere for how it's done, to no avail.

It seems pretty straightforward. I make up 100ml at my preferred nic and pg/vg levels, along with say, 8% custard. Then, let's say I want to make 30ml with custard at 8%. The additional flavors, for sake of argument, are 10% total. I would then take 27 ml of the base and add the 3ml of flavor and I'm good to go.

But what if I wanted to only have 4% custard? This is confusing me. How would I accomplish this?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you mean making up a flavor base, or mixing up a larger bottle of juice, then using that, adding other flavorings as desired?

For flavoring base mixes, do this. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-mix-small-batches-of-complex-recipes.1980/

It would be the latter. I, like so many, use a lot of custard. To have a large amount of pre-steeped custard would be a time saver. However, not all recipes call for the same percentage. So, if my base is 8% custard, but I only need 4, how do I cut it down?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make the larger 8% base, but leave out the nic. Easy to ad 50% more PG/VG to cut it and go from there.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be the latter. I, like so many, use a lot of custard. To have a large amount of pre-steeped custard would be a time saver. However, not all recipes call for the same percentage. So, if my base is 8% custard, but I only need 4, how do I cut it down?
Mix it 50% with PG or VG.
Kinda lose your pre-steepping though.

VU Sponsors