Become a Patron!

Making your own Juul pod ejuice?

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We can all agree Juul is one sexy device, but $16 for a pack of 4 proprietary cartridges isn't too economical.

I found a video showing how to refill Juul pods

All we know about the pods are that they contain:
-A VG/PG ratio
-Benzoic Acid (Nicotine salts that let your body absorb nicotine faster)
-5% nicotine by weight (59 mg/mL per pod, ~ content of a pack of cigarettes).
(https://www.juulvapor.com/support/faq/#what-is-in-the-juulpod-juice)

There's no way to tell what type of ratio we're dealing with, but I think it's somewhere around a 30 vg / 70 pg blend. I'm gonna do some experimenting myself, but has anyone tried anything yet?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why are you even posting shit like this.
The Pax is herbal/weed.
Adding acids in for faster absorbing nic... I am sure we are dead set against adding MORE shit to ejuice.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sexy...ummm...no. Why do you want to hack a closed system when there are a million different tanks with exceptional flavor and vapor, as well as being FAR less expensive? I remember fiddling with those damn original Protank heads and that was more than enough for me. I mean, if YOU think it's sexy..knock yourself out....but it looks like a gigantic PITA waste of time to me.

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haters, haters, haters... Different strokes for different folks people. I like its design, and small form for going out. I like that doesn't have a button. But I don't need to justify my Juul appreciation. We all have different vapes for different reasons.

For the people interested in this, I put in a standard 70vg/30pg 3mg blend into the Juul for experimentation, and it works, but it's probably at 30% normal flavor. The vg dominance makes the pull sluggish. Next refill will be a 30 vg/ 70 pg blend with high nic.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nobody was hating on you. You started your post saying "We can all agree Juul is one sexy device...". So anybody that doesn't agree with you is a "hater"? I said, if YOU think it's sexy and worth all that fiddling, go knock yourself out.

And yes, most of the closed system devices use at minimum 70% pg (or at least the ones that I've experimented with in the past). That's why vapor production is usually very limited in those kinds of devices. Good luck with it though.

VU Sponsors