Become a Patron!

Man, can I cook!

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I made a couple of batches of juice last night - single black cherry, Shisa strawberries and cream, and key lime with pomegranate. All three taste pretty damn good, if I do say so myself. The only problem is I did them while I was kinda sleepwalking on Ambien. My son said he was watching from the other room and I added flavorings to the bottles first, then filled them halfway with PG (by eyeball) and the rest of the way with VG (I like 50/50 juice). I didn't weigh or measure anything. I *was* coherent enough to write down the flavors on the labels, but since I didn't measure anything, I have no way of recreating them exactly the same. :giggle:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made a couple of batches of juice last night - single black cherry, Shisa strawberries and cream, and key lime with pomegranate. All three taste pretty damn good, if I do say so myself. The only problem is I did them while I was kinda sleepwalking on Ambien. My son said he was watching from the other room and I added flavorings to the bottles first, then filled them halfway with PG (by eyeball) and the rest of the way with VG (I like 50/50 juice). I didn't weigh or measure anything. I *was* coherent enough to write down the flavors on the labels, but since I didn't measure anything, I have no way of recreating them exactly the same. :giggle:
Ha sounds like me I grab a bottle put 15 drops of (19) fruit flavors eyeball the nic and of to about 25% of the bottle and fill the rest with VG.... Perfect 79vg% 21pg% almost every time.....magic

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Few recipes don't end up tasting like cough syrup - can't say why that is, but it is fact

Even the few recipes I know of with cherry as an ingredient you have to use extreme caution with amounts unless you like vaping cherry flavored over the counter medicines

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
haha. in my teens, codeine cough medicine was fun.
don't need to go back there.

i'm just interested because simple fruits are nicest for early in the day.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cherry's throat effect is exactly why medicines use it as a flavoring. Cherry is great at completely overpowering and muting the otherwise bad taste of medicine.

FW Black Cherry is a good flavor standalone, I like it at 5%.
If you want true cough syrup taste, try FW Wild Cherry at 5%, the flavoring even smells exactly like cough syrup.

Can use either of these at 1% or 2% with other stuff and it will provide a nice cherry flavor without the cough syrup effect to make cherry cheesecake or a cherry cream/candy.

VU Sponsors